Favorite Pokemon

Favorite Type?

• Total voters
Dracomon said:
I'm going to go back in time and make Stone Edge nonexistant. Beautiful Pokémon like Charizard and Entei gets too much hate because of the weakness to that move.
IMO I think there should be more (reliable) Rock Type attacks; Stone Edge has good power, but low accuracy and PP suck, while Rock Slide is much less powerful yet still has imperfect accuracy.
Whereas for other types, like Water, Electric, Fighting, etc., there's at least 1 reliable move for those types (Water has Surf and Scald; Electric has Thunderbolt; Fighting has Close Combat, Superpower, Drain Punch; Fire has Flamethrower and Heat Wave [the latter for Double Battles]; Ice has Ice Beam and so on).

Hell I would even like to see a Specially based Rock type attacker along with reliable, Special Rock Type attacks. Same for Steel. I think there could also be more reliable Flying type attacks (both physical and special); for Physical flying moves, Brave Bird is pretty much the only option (I prefer Drill Peck for no recoil but sadly that lacks wide distribution), and as for Special flying moves, Air Slash and Hurricane are the only reliable options (but even then Air Slash is 75 base power with imperfect accuracy, while Hurricane is basically the Thunder of Flying moves but with a 30% chance to confuse instead and obviously requires rain to be reliable)

Back on topic... Breloom is my favorite Pokemon ever. Yes, I know he got nerfed in Gen 6 (thanks to Fairies and Spore cannot affect Grass types now), but it is the perfect example of a Pokemon who can overcome his mediocre stats (except for Attack and a decent base 80 Defense) thanks to his abilities and movepool, while still being able to perform well. I love Technician and Bullet Seed (thank you Gen 5 for buffing Bullet Seed), but Poison Heal is also quite useful (my Breloom I used in Pokemon Battle Revolution could take advantage of Poison Heal so well). I also found his design to be cute (somehow he reminds me of Yoshi, well rather, a mix of Toad and Yoshi). :)

Umbreon is my 2nd favorite; he's my team cleric and Gen 5 blessed him with Foul Play so that he isn't total Taunt bait. My set for him consists of Wish, Heal Bell, Toxic, and Foul Play (I REALLY wish Pokemon could learn 5 moves though so that I could add Protect on there but I don't want to replace one of these with Protect xD), and he just takes hits all day, frustrating my opponents so easily. I try to balance my playstyle (having about half my Pokemon who can be offensive and the other half as defensive), but I tend to lean more towards being defensive, so Umbreon is my must-have.

Togekiss is my 3rd favorite; I love how it can go either defensive or offensive, yet still having decent Speed (good, but not great). It also has Serene Grace, and with Air Slash a 60% chance to flinch (well, it doesn't always hit though, I wish it had 100% accuracy lol) along with Thunder Wave (or someone else on my team spreading Paralysis)... Yeah, it can be quite annoying. I really wish there were more Pokemon like Togekiss (that aren't legendaries LOL), who can go either offensive or defensive, while still having decent speed. =P

I - Alakazam
II - Skarmory
III - Aggron
IV - Gallade
V - Elektross
VI - Goomy (But seriously, Goodra)
General - Also Goomy Gyarados
Legend - Kyogre
Type - Steel

Princess Zae said:
Dracomon said:
I'm going to go back in time and make Stone Edge nonexistant. Beautiful Pokémon like Charizard and Entei gets too much hate because of the weakness to that move.

id say stealth rock is the bigger problem.
hazards are actually seeing less and less use thanks to defog's new ability to remove hazards, which has much better distribution than rapid spin.

Thrawn said:
Princess Zae said:
Dracomon said:

hazards are actually seeing less and less use thanks to defog's new ability to remove hazards, which has much better distribution than rapid spin.

oh really?

So i could just get something with defog and still run a team with yanmega then?

yeah. i think most people run defog on skarmory, but there are plenty of options.

and that'd be a nice idea if yanmega wasn't weak to a bunch of other attacks. but at least you don't have to worry about stealth rock!

make sure to keep in mind that defog also removes your own hazards, which can be annoying if you're running stall or semi-stall.

Thrawn said:
yeah. i think most people run defog on skarmory, but there are plenty of options.

and that'd be a nice idea if yanmega wasn't weak to a bunch of other attacks. but at least you don't have to worry about stealth rock!

make sure to keep in mind that defog also removes your own hazards, which can be annoying if you're running stall or semi-stall.

well im mostly offensive, so i dont really rely on stall stragedies and the like.

Although bug/flying is pretty bad defensively, its actually good offensively for yanmega due to tinted lens.

Which i love so much, plus yanmega has the absolute best pokedex entry.

Bandana Dee said:
I - Alakazam
II - Skarmory
III - Aggron
IV - Gallade
V - Elektross
VI - Goomy (But seriously, Goodra)
General - Also Goomy Gyarados
Legend - Kyogre
Type - Steel
Huh... Well, I forgot to say which one I like "in general", but it's a toss-up between Haunter, Mr. Mime, and Golurk. There's no way in Hell I can NOT like Golurk, it's just pure awesomeness! I like Haunter design-wise more then Gengar, and since Ghost-types are my favorite, I really like it. However, Mr. Mime's been my favorite since the beginning, and I have my own Mr. Mime character (in my head, I've only written like one story with him), so I feel like saying he isn't my favorite would be self-loathing.

As for favorite Legendary, I think I'd go with Darkrai, I like his design.

Thrawn said:
Princess Zae said:
Dracomon said:

I don't think defog is common enough to really effect the use of hazards like that.

Dracomon said:
I think Porygon Z looks the coolest out of all of them.
And your wrong in every single way Porygon Z is an abomination and should never have been created

Rei Hino said:
Thrawn said:
Princess Zae said:
Dracomon said:

I don't think defog is common enough to really effect the use of hazards like that.
Maybe I'm just unlucky then, because every single time I set up all my hazards with Deoxys-D, a Skarmory or Togekiss or something comes out and gets rid of them with Defog.

Fortunately I have Taunt to stop them. :3
Refrigerator Kirby said:
Dracomon said:
And your wrong in every single way Porygon Z is an abomination and should never have been created
Of course it shouldn't have been created. Porygon-Z's entire point is that it was not supposed to be created, but instead upgraded itself, becoming a cybernetic self-aware horror.

Thrawn said:
Rei Hino said:
Thrawn said:
Princess Zae said:
Dracomon said:

Maybe I'm just unlucky then, because every single time I set up all my hazards with Deoxys-D, a Skarmory or Togekiss or something comes out and gets rid of them with Defog.

Fortunately I have Taunt to stop them. :3
Refrigerator Kirby said:
Dracomon said:
Of course it shouldn't have been created. Porygon-Z's entire point is that it was not supposed to be created, but instead upgraded itself, becoming a cybernetic self-aware horror.
No it was created using the dubious disc which is basically like unlicensed software

Back