USA:
Release Date: March 27th
MSRP: $249.99
Colors: Aqua Blue, Cosmic Black

EUROPE:
Release Date: March 25th
MSRP (UK): £229 (about 272€)
Colors: Aqua Blue, Cosmic Black

I really wish they confirm the yellow, red, and purple ones. Maybe they will be available later on.

Any news on the launch titles?

For those not informed yet, the 3DS still uses Friend codes but similar to Xbox Live or PSN they show what friends are currently online and what they're playing. Also a single 3DS has it's own Friend Code, meaning you don't have to have to use a different code for a certain game. That is so Awesome

Just great, for us Europeans, it's better and cheaper to import it from Japan.
Better as in being able to play Japan-only games, and other games being released there first.

Solar Blaze said:
^ Isn't the 3DS region locked, though?

It is.

I also hope they release those other colors soon. I would really like that orange/brown one. Hop to it, Nintendo!

>>Solar Blaze
Yes, it is, but most of the best games don't come out in Europe anyway.
Also, I've been reading this, which states that some games could be region free 'for some reason', Nintendo said.
This is what I mean:
Games gekocht in de regio's Japan of Amerika zouden niet kunnen worden afgespeeld op een handheld die in Europa is gekocht. Zo simpel ligt het echter niet, blijkt uit een verklaring van het concern tegenover Eurogamer. Een medewerker van Nintendo houdt het nu op: "Het is mogelijk dat Nintendo 3DS software die gekocht is in één regio niet goed werkt op Nintendo 3DS hardware die gekocht is in een andere regio." Waarom sommige software wel werkt op een handheld uit een andere regio en andere niet, maakt de medewerker niet duidelijk.
Translation:
Games brought in Japan or America should not be played on a handheld, brought in Europe. However, it's not that simple, {Nintendo says to Eurogamer.} An employee of Nintendo keeps it up now (?): "It's possible that the Nintendo 3DS software, brought in one region, would not work correctly on the Nintendo 3DS hardware, brought in another region." Why some software would work on a handheld from another region, while another one doesn't, the employee won't make it clear.
{Text} = Because I didn't know how to explain it better in English, so I used some simpler English for this.
(?) = I don't know how to explain it better at all.

March 27 isn't that far away if you think about it. Those days will pass by really quickly. Although there are no launch games that can meet my interests...for now.

Back