Remarriages of fathers?

Dorayaki

King Bowser
only two characters who had been a father can be in topic :P

Donkey Kong Jr.'s father :

Well, for the very first game of the whole Mario series, we can't tell that Donkey Kong Jr.'s father kidnapped Pauline because of her beauty or proposal of marriage: since there was no OP showing the plot if Donkey Kong Jr.'s father really loved Pauline, it is impolite or subjective to tell whether Donkey Kong Jr.'s father wanted to have an immoral relation with Pauline if he is not single.

So the plot went on, Donkey Kong Jr.'s father retired from adventures and becomes Cranky Kong, he has an heir to be the present Donkey Kong ......we may believe that if fans are all fools. Human, including Pauline and Mario, can't stay their 20s after decades of years if DK country is in the same dimension and time class as Mushroom Kingdom. Maybe Nintendo could tell that the present Pauline and Mario are also heirs to their parents from that old time to make sense. Also, since we know the old Cranky Kong had a wife Wrinkly Kong, Cranky Kong might be "unfaithful" if he had ever wanted to date Pauline.

Under the problem of spouse, the answer is obvious. Donkey Kong must be single or never marry before, so another single Donkey Kong appeared, who can choose multiple women to admire in DK series.

On the other hand, Donkey Kong Jr. can't exist anymore. Diddy Kong may be his "heir" as Donkey Kong's little partner. But in the time period of Mario and DK series, in fact, Donkey Kong Jr. made his final appearance in Mario Tennis 64 while Diddy Kong already appeared in DK Country series from SNES. It may be that Nintendo wanted to make the two characters be in parallel stories without relationships, but as DK series getting more significant, Nintendo decided to directly let the DK series cross back to Mario series and erase the old DK story.

There is no need to talk since now the present DK series is universal, and we do only have to learn Mario and Donkey Kong's relationship from DS Mini Mario series. But if Nintendo wants to talk about that old history again, hope that they can admit that they made a "mistake" and didn't concern the futrue growth of DK series , instead excuses like "transiecnt decades".

Bowser Jr. and Koopalings' father :

In some occasions, Bowser menaces Princess Peach to marry him directly. But not showing as same as Donkey Kong to Pauline, why Bowser wants to marry Princess Peach, the reason is less for that Bowser admires Princess Peach but more for that Bowser wants to intermarry and govern Mushroom Kingdom as a consort prince. Thus we can confirm that Bowser has no wife now (or bigamy?), but did he have past marriages since he has children?

Actually, it was not obvious whether Bowser had ever married before. For Koopalings' debut, their status were still vogue for whether they are Bowser's children or just minions, also varies wit different versions of introductions, games and comic. But after Bowser Jr.'s appearance in Sunshine, Bowser becomes a confirmed father (reversely, Bowser Jr. is the only definetely confirmed child) which is told by the plot.

In the stand of Bowser Jr. , he doesn't know who his mother is, too. For how to explain this question in Sunshine, some possibilities are that Bowser had a "wife" who is missing or passed away. For the latter, Nintendo could already use hints to show that answer, or their purpose is actually to keep it secret for future plot if she is alive. But if Bowser's wife is alive, he still can't remarry or gets bigamy. Another supposition can be that Bowser Jr. is just a foster child, for that Bowser may actually be as young as Princess Peach shown in "Yoshi's Island" (uh, if we suppose that life-spans of all species in Mario world are the same), and he is single.

Though in the event of Sunshine or Bowser Jr.'s attitude to Princess Peach, she shows some maternity in his mind, this doesn't mean that Bowser Jr. agrees Bowser to marry other woman who is not his real mother (except the assumption of foster child) for any reason. Will Nintendo make Bowser Jr. face this conflictive problem again?

I don't even know if Cranky is the original Donkey Kong. Maybe he is the original Donkey's father which means that the modern DK is the old DK Jr. That would make more sense, since Cranky is a skinny short dude and calls DK grandson.

No, it's been confirmed that Cranky Kong is the original Donkey Kong. What I think is that he met Wrinkly Kong, had DK Junior, was interested in Pauline for platonic reasons (no romance), DK Jr grew up to be...nobody, had modern DK with an unmentioned wife, and modern DK just so happened to get interested in modern day Pauline who just so happened to have a striking similarity to her grandmother (whether it's platonic or not, I dunno).

You know.... I didn't know this, seeing as I had no interest in DK Jr; But I just found out after all this time that the plot was about DK. Jr. rescuing his father from Mario. Eh he he he, all this time I had never known. Didn't think Mario ever had it in him to do that to his enemies.

Of course, he pales in comparison to me :bowser:

kat-rin koopa said:
No, it's been confirmed that......
Pauline who just so happened to have a striking similarity to her grandmother (whether it's platonic or not, I dunno).
well, from those reasons appointed in the text,
just mean that we (fans) don't have to show fully believing to the official but deliberate
if their statements are possibly doubtful or conflictive

just as you say, some points such as Pauline's grandparent should be added
or Nintendo seems to be insinsere if their explanation is not at least intact

or Cranky Kong could recall his memories with "old Pauline" in some extent to make up for Nintendo's fault

Brawl for one. Otacon tells it to Snake in DK's secret Codec conversation.

Mason said:
kat-rin koopa said:
No, it's been confirmed that Cranky Kong is the original Donkey Kong.
Official source, please.
it seems said in the instruction of the first DK Country
but in the games, it's almost never said since no plot or memories

Is it possible that the Jumpman from the older Donkey Kong games is an ancestor or even an unrelated character to Mario? I'm not sure if it's been specifically confirmed by Nintendo. I could very well be wrong, but if not that would explain the time difference.

'3K said:
Brawl for one. Otacon tells it to Snake in DK's secret Codec conversation.

The same people say that Diddy Kong is a chimp, while Diddy Kong is a monkey, but not a chimp. Dixie Kong is the one who is a chimp.

BTW, I wonder why Mario didn't age throughout the years. I guess monkeys have shorter life spans than humans.

Leonyx said:
Is it possible that the Jumpman from the older Donkey Kong games is an ancestor or even an unrelated character to Mario? I'm not sure if it's been specifically confirmed by Nintendo. I could very well be wrong, but if not that would explain the time difference.

I think Nintendo said that was Mario.

Leonyx said:
in Cranky's case it's that the staff renewed the details of old DK, but they didn't update the relationships with Mario series together
so it will always be a mystery unless Cranky meets Pauline and Mario in other formal situation

Kick Buttowski said:
I highly doubt that Junior's a foster child, how else does he look almost exactly like a miniature Bowser?
he lookes like baby Bowser a lot, though, what about little brother? :P

In order for Cranky to be the original donkey kong and in order for DK Jr. to be the current Donkey Kong you would have to ignore all the evidence saying the Cranky Kong is Donkey Kong Jr. grand dad A.K.A ignore everything but DK 64 otherwise you have a generation gap with a missing Donkey Kong

Gummy said:
Ever heard of divorce? I figured it was an ex-wife of Bowser's.
I wonder if divorce is a common term in Mushroom area. :P Maybe Bowser's "wife" took a French leave instead of signing a settlement.

Dorayaki said:
Gummy said:
Ever heard of divorce? I figured it was an ex-wife of Bowser's.
I wonder if divorce is a common term in Mushroom area. :P Maybe Bowser's "wife" took a French leave instead of signing a settlement.

No Bowser's "wife" a filé à l'anglaise.

everyone in the mario series ate ambrosia, making them immortal, except for cranky and wrinkly. thats the only solution i can think of

Back