Super Mario Galaxy / Super Mario Galaxy 2

which game is better?

• Total voters
M

Ms Mowz!

I was just wanting to know which game you think is better.

I like smg2 better! :)

Tell me what you think

I like the first one better.

They are both excellent, but I find Super Mario Galaxy 2 better.
I prefer the World system instead of the Comet Observatory, not to mention the worlds all have great music, much better than Comet Observatory theme. I think it has better level design and is a bit more difficult. Also the Green Stars are a great post-game content, more interesting than playing Luigi and doing the same 120 stars again.

Maybe it's just because it was my first Mario platformer and nostalgia's kicking in, but Super Mario Galaxy will always be my favorite game of all time. Overall, I think SMG has a much more diverse atmosphere (SMG2 is very good as well, but it feels too cheerful all the time).

For me the first one is better because some stuff such as the pace , the music , Rosalina , the levels , Rosalina , The cosmic observatory , Rosalina , the actual plot with scenes , Rosalina , More Lumas and also ... Rosalina.

Swiftie_Luma said:
For me the first one is better because some stuff such as the pace , the music , Rosalina , the levels , Rosalina , The cosmic observatory , Rosalina , the actual plot with scenes , Rosalina , More Lumas and also ... Rosalina.

Don't forget Rosalina's storybook ;)

Time Turner said:
this is a thread from 2010 that was bumped today

Not to mention it was bumped with a line of Yoshi emojis.

I prefer the first one, but I like being able to use Yoshi. "Super Mario Galaxy 3" needs to have Yoshi and a hub world.

what's more interesting is that nobody answered this in like 6 years.

It's just a run of the mill common question. It's kinda weird it was ignored.

I've never played the first Galaxy game so Galaxy 2

The best part was how none of you thought of just reporting him and moving on.

Oh well. While this is still open, Galaxy 1.

I never knew bumping old topics was an offense though.

Specially when i have seen many people do it and many of you guys still respond without saying anything.

I would've reported it had it been a topic that was already resolved that they bumped. But given that this is a relevant topic that surprisingly had no responses, I figured it was slightly forgivable.

Swiftie_Luma said:
I never knew bumping old topics was an offense though.

Specially when i have seen many people do it and many of you guys still respond without saying anything.
It isn't against the rules when you have something to contribute, but this guy just posted a line of 5 Yoshis. It's under Rule 16.

Regardless of whether this thread should have been bumped, I think SMG is better than SMG2, but not by a whole lot.

TBH while I think the bump was not necessary, the replies after it made for acceptable conversation so I don't think the thread should be trashed.

I prefer Galaxy 1 but the sequel is still a great game.

Griffin4 said:

not gonna lie, i had a hearty chuckle when i found out you bumped this topic with a line of those hilarious yoshi smilies, but yeah, rule 16 dude, as magikrazy said

i'll always prefer smg1, the overworld is bigger, plus it has space elsa and i love space elsa

smg2 is alright though, but space elsa will always be better than discount patrick star

Super Mario Galaxy 1 is my favorite, though mario galaxy 2 is great too but it feels less original. But both are must-play games that's for sure.

I love them all equally. Galaxy 2 did kinda establish 2D Mario elements in to the 3D Mario platformers to make it lead to 3D Land and 3D World. The World map does give you branching paths and it does remind me a little bit of Rockman and Forte and Castlevania Rondo of Blood in this aspect where you can make choices on which path should you take to beat the game.

Back