• No

Votes: 5 11.9%
  • Whatever

Votes: 2 4.8%
  • Okay if specified for examples in this topic

Votes: 6 14.3%

• Total voters
Ultramariologan said:
I prefer individual characters and species playable in a game.
You mean like not 2 toads the only difference being one is yellow and one is blue? If so then for me definitely

Ms Mowz! said:
You mean like not 2 toads the only difference being one is yellow and one is blue? If so then for me definitely
apparently that Toad and Toadette weren't playable makes the game unreasonable

Why did you just bump a topic that has not been posted in for 6 mouths.

Some species like Koopa, Boo, Hammer Bro etc are fine but others like Goomber, Chain Chomp etc just don't fit.

New Super Yoshi said:

Some species like Koopa, Boo, Hammer Bro etc are fine but others like Goomber, Chain Chomp etc just don't fit.

Same opinion

New Super Yoshi said:

Well, I think she's the TC. I don't think that qualifies for an excuse, but that's what I think

SuperMario25 said:
New Super Yoshi said:

Same opinion
Wait. You are asking why they bumped something while you yourself bump it? IRONY

Baby Luigi said:
MnSG said:
BabyLuigiOnFire said:
Donkey always got burnt by Bowser in MP4. I liked that.

The stupidest time where they made a species a playable character was in Mario Kart DS. Seriously? Dry Bones over Bowser Jr., Diddy Kong, Toadette, Koopa Troopa, etc?

Hate to burst your bubble, but Koopa Troopa is also a generic character, like Dry Bones.

I understand Koopa Troopa, but I don't understand Dry Bones. I STILL don't understand. That is one of the most stupid decisions Nintendo made.

And then people complain about "lack of imagination" for the babies...

i agree with this,its so weird that i agree with everything that baby luigi says

I agree that you shouldn't have species over confirmed characters, but I'm against abolishing them completely. If that were the case, then the Mario Baseball and Mario Strikers Football games would not have enough players, the Mario Kart and Mario Tennis series would suffer a withdrawl (though not outright lack), and the RPGs would be a wreck. Generic characters fill in when other characters can't, and, in the case of Lakitu and Birdo, sometimes becomes a character in their own right.

About MSMBW, I am apalled that they did not have the original Toad or Toadette playable, only "Brainy" Toad and "Sleepy" Toad from Sunshine and Galaxy.

Toad85 said:
I agree that you shouldn't have species over confirmed characters, but I'm against abolishing them completely. If that were the case, then the Mario Baseball and Mario Strikers Football games would not have enough players, the Mario Kart and Mario Tennis series would suffer a withdrawl (though not outright lack), and the RPGs would be a wreck. Generic characters fill in when other characters can't, and, in the case of Lakitu and Birdo, sometimes becomes a character in their own right.

About MSMBW, I am apalled that they did not have the original Toad or Toadette playable, only "Brainy" Toad and "Sleepy" Toad from Sunshine and Galaxy.

No one said about abolishing them completely. Just leave generic goons to sport with bigger rosters.

And I liked Blue Toad D:

Baby Luigi said:
Toad85 said:

No one said about abolishing them completely. Just leave generic goons to sport with bigger rosters.

And I liked Blue Toad D:

I understand your feelings about Blue Toad (i actually prefer his colouration to that of the original), but I would have prefered actual characters like Toad (character) and Toadette.

Toadette would have been nice.

Vlad Plasmius said:
I agree that you shouldn't have species over confirmed characters, but I'm against abolishing them completely. If that were the case, then the Mario Baseball and Mario Strikers Football games.

so I mentioned it in this topic, also they're replaceable by representive character as another choice
it's apparent that the previous footballs isn't making as large as baseball....

Please burn this thread, I hate in more than any other.

Depends on the game. I don't mind having generic characters in Mario Kart, but I LOATHE the fact that we have generic playable characters in Mario Party. In Mario Party, we should have only unique characters.

Meh. Maybe at least 2-5 generic characters on Mario Party. Some generic characters are pretty cool to have in Mario Party like Boo.

Pandapowah said:
Meh. Maybe at least 2-5 generic characters on Mario Party. Some generic characters are pretty cool to have in Mario Party like Boo.
FMGBASKFH said:
Depends on the game. I don't mind having generic characters in Mario Kart, but I LOATHE the fact that we have generic playable characters in Mario Party. In Mario Party, we should have only unique characters.
judging with the representivity among the games
I think Olympics and Party are not suitable for specie players, others are okay
also the size of roster may relate to the scale of tournaments

I stressed on that representive such as King Boo who can easily replace his minions

Back