Super Smash Bros. Brawl Discussion

brawlcentral.com said:
Link tried to FS an opponent who had a Starman and it failed. One time during Kirby's FS, Starmen were launched from the pot. The enemies used the Starmen and ended up KO'ing Kirby.
Waddle Dees are better than turnips in terms of knockback and damage. Dedede's Suction spits out fast, but not very far and has low damage.
Samus cannot missle cancel. Peach can float cancel.
More reports of Dedede being very slow with fast atacks, but a conflicting report of his Waddle Dees being useful and spammable.
More PT Impressions: Charizard's has multiple jumps and his Fly is powerful. He flies straight up and burns anything around him. His flamethrower is identical to Bowser's Fire Breath. Squirtle's Water Gun is chargable. Ivysaur is immobile while using Bullet Seed. PT's FInal Smash is very powerful.
The PictoChat stage sometimes has impenetrable walls and can trap you on a side of the stage.
DK's Final Smash used correctly can take up 90% of a stage. His FS was originally thought to be ineffective.
Some people worry that the Smash Ball occurs too much.
Rumors of Black Charizard. Some suggest a very dark Chrarizard that is near-black.
PT Impressions: Squirtle has fast attacks, but no reach. Ivysaur is the more balanced of the Pokemon. Charizard is heavy, medium speed, and attacks using claws and tail mostly.
Pokemon trainer's starting Pokemon is random. So far, it's unconfirmed if the starter can be selectable like Shiek was for Zelda in Melee.
Dragoon does 42% damage. It KO'd Mario at 0%.
Lots of Invincibility frames when switching Pokemon.
Dedede's Suction is beastly because of it's force and strength.
Ike is being called a noob killer. His Side Special charged can KO Kirby and Meta Knight at 35%. He is being called "too powerful".
Meta Knight is a good beginner character.
Ike Impressions: Eruption has a lot of range and can be used in the air. His Final Smash has more range if you "charge it up"?
Ashley Deconfirmed! She appears in the WarioWare stage. So does 9-Volt and Jimmy.
Kirby Impressions: Final Cutter has been changed once again. More confirmation of Kirby sucking up items.
Attendee's Opinion: Pictochat music was bothering.
Dedede Impressions: Attacks are fast, but hammer is sluggish. As stated before, his Up SPecial has good knockback, but is completely vertical, like Ike's.
Pokemon Trainer Impressions: Takes about three seconds to change Pokemon. Colors: Red, Green, Blue, and Black & White (original GB version). PT's Pokemon do not have accessories like hats, glasses, ect.
First reports of an attendee: He writes about Samus, but adds nothing new to what we already knew. You can't turn into ZSamus at the start of the match at all.
Now that the event is over, expect lots of media, and some new info to be posted from attendees.
We have the Stage Select Screen image posted on the homepage.
Conflicting News: Apparently, a Nintendo rep has confirmed that Brawl is coming out on the 24th in Japan, however the Brawl pamphlets handed out show the price of the game, but no release date. (According to the Japanese blog, this seems to frighten him, but I doubt it means a thing.)
Muddy Mole is an assist trophy. (Not Monty Mole) Muddy Mole is a character from "Mole Mania", a GB game that Sakurai adores.
People are under the impression that Meta Knight is very good and Dedede is not. (This is only first impressions that are hours old and opinions, keep in mind)
King Dedede has the same voice as his anime counterpart. (Japanese voice. Not 4kids voice)
70-80 minute wait to play a match.
UPDATE: Female Pokemon Trainer news is confirmed FALSE.

King Boo said:
brawlcentral.com said:
Link tried to FS an opponent who had a Starman and it failed. One time during Kirby's FS, Starmen were launched from the pot. The enemies used the Starmen and ended up KO'ing Kirby.
Waddle Dees are better than turnips in terms of knockback and damage. Dedede's Suction spits out fast, but not very far and has low damage.
Samus cannot missle cancel. Peach can float cancel.
More reports of Dedede being very slow with fast atacks, but a conflicting report of his Waddle Dees being useful and spammable.
More PT Impressions: Charizard's has multiple jumps and his Fly is powerful. He flies straight up and burns anything around him. His flamethrower is identical to Bowser's Fire Breath. Squirtle's Water Gun is chargable. Ivysaur is immobile while using Bullet Seed. PT's FInal Smash is very powerful.
The PictoChat stage sometimes has impenetrable walls and can trap you on a side of the stage.
DK's Final Smash used correctly can take up 90% of a stage. His FS was originally thought to be ineffective.
Some people worry that the Smash Ball occurs too much.
Rumors of Black Charizard. Some suggest a very dark Chrarizard that is near-black.
PT Impressions: Squirtle has fast attacks, but no reach. Ivysaur is the more balanced of the Pokemon. Charizard is heavy, medium speed, and attacks using claws and tail mostly.
Pokemon trainer's starting Pokemon is random. So far, it's unconfirmed if the starter can be selectable like Shiek was for Zelda in Melee.
Dragoon does 42% damage. It KO'd Mario at 0%.
Lots of Invincibility frames when switching Pokemon.
Dedede's Suction is beastly because of it's force and strength.
Ike is being called a noob killer. His Side Special charged can KO Kirby and Meta Knight at 35%. He is being called "too powerful".
Meta Knight is a good beginner character.
Ike Impressions: Eruption has a lot of range and can be used in the air. His Final Smash has more range if you "charge it up"?
Ashley Deconfirmed! She appears in the WarioWare stage. So does 9-Volt and Jimmy.
Kirby Impressions: Final Cutter has been changed once again. More confirmation of Kirby sucking up items.
Attendee's Opinion: Pictochat music was bothering.
Dedede Impressions: Attacks are fast, but hammer is sluggish. As stated before, his Up SPecial has good knockback, but is completely vertical, like Ike's.
Pokemon Trainer Impressions: Takes about three seconds to change Pokemon. Colors: Red, Green, Blue, and Black & White (original GB version). PT's Pokemon do not have accessories like hats, glasses, ect.
First reports of an attendee: He writes about Samus, but adds nothing new to what we already knew. You can't turn into ZSamus at the start of the match at all.
Now that the event is over, expect lots of media, and some new info to be posted from attendees.
We have the Stage Select Screen image posted on the homepage.
Conflicting News: Apparently, a Nintendo rep has confirmed that Brawl is coming out on the 24th in Japan, however the Brawl pamphlets handed out show the price of the game, but no release date. (According to the Japanese blog, this seems to frighten him, but I doubt it means a thing.)
Muddy Mole is an assist trophy. (Not Monty Mole) Muddy Mole is a character from "Mole Mania", a GB game that Sakurai adores.
People are under the impression that Meta Knight is very good and Dedede is not. (This is only first impressions that are hours old and opinions, keep in mind)
King Dedede has the same voice as his anime counterpart. (Japanese voice. Not 4kids voice)
70-80 minute wait to play a match.
UPDATE: Female Pokemon Trainer news is confirmed FALSE.
You know that theres more info right?

She doesn't really have many attack possibilities. :|

SmashBrother said:
That's what I thought with Peach and Zelda, and now look at them! :shock:
Zelda's moves are ripoffs of Link's. Mona will not imitate Wario.

Peach's attacks seem normal to me. >_>

Most WarioWare characters (other than Wario) are minor. Peach and Zelda are both MAJOR. In fact, ALL the current characters are major characters in the games the come from.

Has Brawl Central updated recently? I'd check, but that's too hard. >_>

They have, and they say that their site on moveset's a little off, they can't respond to e-mails right now, and they are still gonna switch severs. That is all.

I'd still like to see Mona in...

SmashBrother said:
They have, and they say that their site on moveset's a little off, they can't respond to e-mails right now, and they are still gonna switch severs. That is all.

I'd still like to see Mona in...
she would be a as at the most but anyway did anyone go to e for all a while ago it was ok the wait for brawl was huge like hour and a half per game unless you were chosen to go into the tourneyment. metaknight=fast striker i recomend trying him first to get used to sonic and fox

Brawl central is a load of bullcrap.

SmashBrother said:
Bravenet says I'm not allowed to view the site, and Challenge Mode looks pretty nice!
challange mode is just like the one in kirby air ride but with stickers and trophies thats all

Sakurai created Kirby, and the Smash Bros. series gameplay is based on that of Kirby Super Star. And Brawl's menus are based on the Kirby Air Ride menu.

Brawlcentral.com said:
PT Impressions: Ivysaur's jumps are quick, but short. Squirtle's Side Special (Withdraw) is useful and quick, but easy to SD with. Charizard is not good for FFA according to one person.
The Beam sword is much longer than expected.

Challenges is a lot like the Collection in MPDS.

i know no one cares on this forum including me but brawl central got a forum by popular demand( the 5 fans of the site :P )

SmashBrother said:
I noticed, but I'll probably justuse the Wiki's Forums. It covers more than just Brawl, which is perfect for me. :P
I know me to but i did make a account to see how good there forums were. they suck. really really slow loading, and no avatars!!!omg no avatars why do they have to be so mean*crys*jking about the crying

Sakurai said:
Due to delays in the completion of Super Smash Bros. Brawl, we’ve had to change the release date of the game to Sunday, March 9th.

I deeply apologize to the people who have looked forward to playing the game for so long and ask that you hold on just a little longer. Thank you for your patience.

God damn it. Sakurai this is fucking ridiculous. YOU DELAYED THE GAME AGAIN! TO MARCH 9TH. Sakurai you have dissapointed your fans. And this isn't just the US version. ALL versions of the game are delayed. So now, Japan gets it on Jan 31, and America gets it March 9th. Sorry DP, but seems you have to wait EVEN LONGER now.

But this brings up an idea for a comic. The Smash Bros. fans of the Wiki attack Sakurai's HQ enraged at him for delaying the game.

King Boo said:
Sakurai said:
Due to delays in the completion of Super Smash Bros. Brawl, we’ve had to change the release date of the game to Sunday, March 9th.

I deeply apologize to the people who have looked forward to playing the game for so long and ask that you hold on just a little longer. Thank you for your patience.

God damn it. Sakurai this is *bleep* ridiculous. YOU DELAYED THE GAME AGAIN! TO MARCH 9TH. Sakurai you have dissapointed your fans. And this isn't just the US version. ALL versions of the game are delayed. So now, Japan gets it on Jan 31, and America gets it March 9th. Sorry DP, but seems you have to wait EVEN LONGER now.

But this brings up an idea for a comic. The Smash Bros. fans of the Wiki attack Sakurai's HQ enraged at him for delaying the game.
If the game gets delayed one more time im gonna..im gonna blow up japan.

Dodoman said:
Challenges is a lot like the Collection in MPDS.

I like the Challenges.

And the Challenges like me.

Brawl delayed again, wot? I foresee regrettable language ahead...

Back