Super Smash Bros. Brawl Discussion

Pokemon DP said:
GOSH DARNIT! For God's sakes, guys, Mr. L will NEVER re-appear! He was a product of Nastasia when she hypnotised Luigi! (I think, I've never played the game. XP) Nastasia ain't here anymore, so he no longer has the means of turning into Mr. L again. >_> Face it! Mr. L being awesome doesn't justify his return - he is basically worthless now. Sorry, I like Mr. L too, but he just has no chance of appearing again.

Bowser was only able to transform into Giga Bowser when Master Hand sent a drak volt of energy through him, but now a Smash Ball can do that. So if it can bring out Bowser's innner evil, why not have it do the same for Luigi? M. L has always been inside of him, he just needed a little help getting out. 8)

Dodoman said:
King Boo said:
I'm maining Waluigi.

I don't care if he's playable or not.
>_> Do you even know what "maining" means?

And, YAY DP'S BACK!!

Maybe he's going to hack the game and edit Wario into Waluigi, and make Wario an assist trophy.

U R 1€£+ H@X()R

Alright, I've got some new info. Kirby seems to have gone back to his Smash Bros. 64 self, meaning he is back to being good, and not crappy like his Melee form.

Kirby's Final Smash does about 35% damage.
The Soccer Ball bursts into flames when used. It cannot be countered or caught.
The clock SLOWS DOWN time. It does not FREEZE time. Your oppnents are slowed down, but sometimes it can have a "dud" effect like the hammer, and slow you down also.
Lucas's PK Freeze is much more mobile than Ness's old PK Flash
Snakes's Landmine attack is REMOTE, not PROXIMITY.
New FE Music: "The Kingdom of Bern". I don't know much about FE, but I guess there's a city in FE called Bern and it has a battle of some sort.
Regigigas, Metagross, Onix and Garchomp are Poke Ball Pokemon. Metagross does Earthquake, Onix does the same from Smash 64, and Regigigas turns red and uses what is thought ot be Crush Grip.
New info on Rosalina's AT: She hovers around and throws star pieces, which can be picked up and used to recover damage. A Luma also come sout with her.
Pit and Pokemon Trainer both speak during their Final Smashes. PT's english version of his speaking part seems to be the same as the text that appears on screen, "Take That! Triple Finish!"
Kirby is more powerful this time around, as we have mentioned previously.
Wario is powerful, but has a lot of start-up lag.
Pegasus Knight from the Fire Emblem series as an AT
Zelda's Din's Fire has been Nefred a bit. <-- Personally, I have a had time believing that.

Kirby Has a New Attack!
This may be old news to you, but Kirby's dash attack was changed. he no long has the fireball attack and now does some sort of "skull bash" and then spins his body while upside down. It's break-dancing Kirby!

It seems that if you "pass" a mini-game on the WarioWare stage, you heal slightly. <--Seems a bit odd to me, personally.
Wario had his original overalls as a costume at Jump Festa.
Meta Knight has a Kirby (pink) colored costume.
Sothe, from Fire Emblem I believe, is an assist trophy. I guess he's supposed to use knives in the game, but doesn't in Brawl. Instead he does a somersault kick.
NEW MUSIC! Animal Crossing Main Theme, Balloon Fight's Balloon Trip music, and WarioWare Main Theme. I have no idea what WarioWare's main theme is, unless they mean Ashley's theme?
When you start a match, the background music is displyed.
As seen on the Dojo, Wario-Man's bike is very fast and it's easy to SD with it.
More info on Sandbag Item: You beat him up, and items come out as you hit him.
The WarioWare stage features over 8 minigames, including "Don't Move".
Level 9 computers are still weak, according to some people.
Bowser and Kirby seem to be getting more and more praise for how much they have improved over their Melee forms.
MORE MUSIC CONFIRMED: Yoshi's Island has songs called "Ending BGM" and "Athletic". Norfair has "Brinstar BGM", "Samus's Theme", and "Metroid Ending Theme". Bridge of Eldin has "Great Bay".
Snake's Remote Mine (Down Smash) varies in damage from 10-20%.
Kirby's new Dash Move is named "Break Spin". It's being refered to as the yo-yo attack, but does not involve a yo-yo of any kind
Kirby's Final Smash sucks in any nearby items also, and when it tosses the opponents out, it transforms all the items sucked in into Kirby items. Thanks to David G. for pointing out that the Superspicy Curry is a Kirby item.

Wario's Standard B move is the Bite attack we have seen in so many screen shots. Just like Yoshi's standard special, you press the button once to eat them, and then again to spit them out. Projectiles can be eaten by Wario, as seen in one of the videos on the Dojo. If a projectile stays in Wario's mouth, it will be swallowed and then recovers damage. The projectile can be spit back at your opponent is the button is pressed again. If not, Wario eats it.

Birdo Assist Trophy confirmed.
I have had this news for a dew days, but was waiting to post it until it had more proof. It seems now that the news was true, and there is a Birdo Assist Trophy that shoots eggs out. The Birdo AT is fully rendered in nice, 3-D graphics, unlike the Birdo in Melee. Once of the people who originally claimed Birdo to be an AT also claimed Tingle to have a "Goldeen" attack, of just spinning around and chanting his trademark words. This is not 100% confirmed, but it HAS come from a few sources and seems that it is most likely real.

Kirby can copy the powers of items.
There are reports that Kirby was able to eat certain items and gain the ability. Of cours,e he can only use one at a time, just like when he gains the powers of players. Firby eating a Fire Flower= fire breathing Kirby, ect.

If you wanna see it for yourself, go here. http://www.brawlcentral.com/

I'll say...

And KB, I didn't find any of the info you mentioned on that site...

King Boo said:
(ridiculously long quote)
Birdo: Yes!
Tingle: Aw, I wanted him to be playable. D:
Kirby eats items: Cooleroni.
Rosalina: So she flies around? Well, let's hope she doesn't have a certain... "Easter egg"... that Peach did in Melee...

Dodoman said:
King Boo said:
Rosalina: So she flies around? Well, let's hope she doesn't have a certain... "Easter egg"... that Peach did in Melee...

You mean the easter egg where you can look up her dress?

King Boo said:
Dodoman said:
King Boo said:

You mean the easter egg where you can look up her dress?
(shudder) Yes...

Yeah, I'm sure they'll get rid of that.

Now, I'm hearing that Lucario has indeed taken Mewtwo's spot. The new demo has given us new info and more rumors. ChaosZero put alot of info on GameFaqs. ChaosZero, this info better be true. If it isn't, I'll.... do what Sonic did to defeat you!

Chili Dog for Brawl!

http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=131326

SmashBoards have really outdone themselves now. I am now a proud supporter of Chili Dog.

King Boo said:
Now, I'm hearing that Lucario has indeed taken Mewtwo's spot. The new demo has given us new info and more rumors. ChaosZero put alot of info on GameFaqs. ChaosZero, this info better be true. If it isn't, I'll.... do what Sonic did to defeat you!

Where did you find that on GameFAQs? I can't seem to find that info, much less the previously mentioned new demo.

There was a demo at JumpFesta. Recording was not allowed, and not many people were able to sneak in a camera. So information is scarce. All we can rely on is what http://brawlcentral.com says.

Also:

Roster.png

T'is my roster.

Dodoman said:
And, YAY DP'S BACK!!
Had no idea I was missed so much.

Rosalina? An Assist Trophy? Ridiculous! Well, so long as it ain't a mainstream game, or a complete Mario game, for that matter. Sorry, I don't hate Rosalina, but I'm sick of people saying she will appear in another Mario game! The same with Mr. L!

I wouldn't trust Gamefaqs if I were you... They said Silver and Donkey Kong are unlockable in Mario & Sonic, but are they? No. So, don't trust them...

King Boo said:
There was a demo at JumpFesta. Recording was not allowed, and not many people were able to sneak in a camera. So information is scarce. All we can rely on is what http://brawlcentral.com says.

Also:

Roster.png

T'is my roster.
I wonder why there are GC-controllers at the bottom of the picture. :koopa:

PaperStriker said:
King Boo said:

Also:

Roster.png

T'is my roster.

Because they are using GameCube controllers.
Duh.

Smiddle said:
PaperStriker said:
King Boo said:

Also:

Roster.png

T'is my roster.

Because they are using GameCube controllers.
Duh.
I'm a n00b. :3
With Magikoopa-rank. :3

Only one more day till updates start to happen again!!! I hated waiting but now i can go out of hibernation.

Kirby can only copies certain items. Fire Flower gives him Fire Breathing powers. I hope he can copy Pokemon and Assist Trophies though.

SmashBrother said:
Well, whoever runs Smash Dash isn't getting my Brawl copy. Yayz.
What?

Anyway, more Melee stages is very win.

YAYz! Onett! =D It better have that awesome music from Melee. =3

BTW, does anyone find it wierd how Mother 2/EarthBound and Mother 3 are getting a lot of emphasis in SSB, while Mother isn't? =|

Back