The Official NIWA Thread

Again what is NIWA

BaseballYoshi24 said:
Again what is NIWA
It is basically an alliance between Nintendo themed wikis coming together to not get taken by wiki farms like Wikia, because they force stuff like skins on them. Though StrategyWiki, which doesn't only have Nintendo series, joined.

I don't get the idea behind "exclusive Nintendo franchises only" anyway. The purpose of NIWA is to provide support for independent wikis, so being too picky should be a no-no. Personally, if there was a promising wiki that has titles on Nintendo consoles and a few on others, I would call it "close enough" and welcome it.

I mean, it is the content that makes a title. Who cares on which consoles you can play the stuff?

Edofenrir said:
I don't get the idea behind "exclusive Nintendo franchises only" anyway. The purpose of NIWA is to provide support for independent wikis, so being too picky should be a no-no. Personally, if there was a promising wiki that has titles on Nintendo consoles and a few on others, I would call it "close enough" and welcome it.

I mean, it is the content that makes a title. Who cares on which consoles you can play the stuff?
I think it was just for a small start. Going all-inclusive from the beginning could've overwhelmed NIWA from the beginning.

I have a few pumpkins growing in a garden in my front yard.

I have many empty flowering "pots" too.

President Iwata said:
I have a few pumpkins growing in a garden in my front yard.

Is this supposed to have some sort of double meaning, or does it have nothing to do with NIWA at all?

"Niwa" means garden in Japanese, as Edo mentioned. So I thought it'd be nice to discuss gardens.

I once had a very huge lilac plant in my garden and it was awesome. It attracted a ton of butterflies. Now the garden isn't mine anymore, and the jerk who owns it now has probably cut it down. Unfortunately it was too huge when we moved, so I couldn't take it with me. :(

Other plants that are made of win are cacti. I am very fond of them; they are somewhat cute. Anyone here who owns a cactus?

We do have aloe plants which aren't quite cactuses but are somewhat similar.

Ouch...one time I had a cactus and someone decided to chuck it at me when I wasn't looking. Hit me right in the back, not fun having pricks sticking out of you.

Ouch....

Since NIWA (not garden) lost its point, does that mean any wiki can join?

I was the one who defended the interests of the MW the most at NIWA, but I retired now from there. Apparently I was more lvoed than I thought

Oh, it was not supposed to. But, to answer your question, nope, there are still some restrictions, but certainly way fewer

Arthur said:
Since NIWA (not garden) lost its point, does that mean any wiki can join?

It means that NIWA is a giant bureaucratic limbo, and no, not every wiki can join. A few decide who can join and who not, all while the rest moves in circles for weeks.

Don't try to understand it. It hurts.

Back