The Official NIWA Thread

Zero777

Middle Eastern Federation
self explanatory, just talk anything NIWA.

To start off, yes I know NIWA it's a community where we help each other, but I think it just lost it['s point] when the StrategyWiki and Pikmin Fanon joined. I thought it's only for Nintendo theme wikis and StrategyWiki isn't entirely Nintendo, only partially and the Pikmin Fanon, anybody can pull any idea out of their butt and slap it on an article.
 

Seteth

I have something to ask of you...
Chat Administrator
Core 'Shroom Staff
Awards Committee
Retired Wiki Staff
Rolo Lamperouge said:
To start off, yes I know NIWA it's a community where we help each other, but I think it just lost it['s point] when the StrategyWiki and Pikmin Fanon joined. I thought it's only for Nintendo theme wikis and StrategyWiki isn't entirely Nintendo, only partially and the Pikmin Fanon, anybody can pull any idea out of their butt and slap it on an article.
NIWA has lost its point, yes, but for reasons entirely unrelated to those two wikis.
 

Gamefreak75

"The hated boss who beats you down..."
Chat Administrator
Core 'Shroom Staff
Retired Forum Mod
Retired Wiki Staff
Rolo Lamperouge said:
and the Pikmin Fanon, anybody can pull any idea out of their butt and slap it on an article.
Woah woah WOAH!

Haters gonna fuckin' hate. I edit there.

Pikmin Fanon is the only reason why Pikmin Wiki joined, ya know?
 

Garlic Man

Name-change free since 2018
So we finally went in the fanon direction, did we... I was hoping we wouldn't.

Fantendo was trying to shove its way into this, and I'm glad they didn't. I'm just hoping this Pikmin Fanon isn't going to start off a trend of fanon wikis joining.
 

ralphfan

Thank you based god
Fanon wikis shouldn't be in NIWA at all, and StrategyWiki isn't related to a specific game or series.
 

Garlic Man

Name-change free since 2018
Wha-- Strategy Wiki joined too? Shit man that's not even Nintendo anymore.
 

ralphfan

Thank you based god
Honestly, I have also been catching wind that the MW staff isn't too active in NIWA. I think we could make a stand against this if we frequented the NIWA Forums more.
 

Garlic Man

Name-change free since 2018
The ZeldaWiki bastards (no offense) are trying to ostracize outside opinion and they're going after the balls of the place. That's why I left Metroid Wiki.

We and the guys at Bulba are chill.
 

ralphfan

Thank you based god
We should certainly do something about it. I'd be happy to help. Just give me the info and I can write something up.
 

Seteth

I have something to ask of you...
Chat Administrator
Core 'Shroom Staff
Awards Committee
Retired Wiki Staff
NIWA has stopped being an alliance, and therefore lost it's identity. This happened way before any fanon wikis joined, and is the result of a failed infrastructure, as well as a heavily divided administration. There are only a few people who hold power inside the organization (none of them are from our staff by the way). The rest of the staff team is composed of expendable pawns, who may or may not eventually realize they don't have a say in anything, at which point they leave and nobody cares. Although, there are a few people there who do care genuinely about the NIWA and want to help, but nobody gives a shit about them. I feel really bad for those people, and I'm sorry that they have to waste their effort in a way like this.

This is what is actually wrong with NIWA. The fanon wikis are not the problem, the high dysfunctionality is. Bashing those wikis won't do anything besides distracting everyone from the real problem. Also: You can stop trying to improve things, since there is pretty much nothing left that can be saved at this point, and you won't be heard anyway. God knows how often people tried to appeal to NIWA's senses, always with the same result. It won't change.

The solution I've found for myself is to think of the NIWA less as an alliance, and more as a fancy affiliation page. This actually goes quite easy on your nerves, since an affiliation page doesn't need a functional infrastructure. Cue less headache. :)

Great, now I wrote another huge angry rant about that crap. I can put it to the thousand others. >_> Well, thank you for letting me waste your time I guess.
 

Garlic Man

Name-change free since 2018
Edofenrir said:
NIWA has stopped being an alliance, and therefore lost it's identity. This happened way before any fanon wikis joined, and is the result of a failed infrastructure, as well as a heavily divided administration. There are only a few people who hold power inside the organization (none of them are from our staff by the way). The rest of the staff team is composed of expendable pawns, who may or may not eventually realize they don't have a say in anything, at which point they leave and nobody cares. Although, there are a few people there who do care genuinely about the NIWA and want to help, but nobody gives a shit about them. I feel really bad for those people, and I'm sorry that they have to waste their effort in a way like this.

This is what is actually wrong with NIWA. The fanon wikis are not the problem, the high dysfunctionality is. Bashing those wikis won't do anything besides distracting everyone from the real problem. Also: You can stop trying to improve things, since there is pretty much nothing left that can be saved at this point, and you won't be heard anyway. God knows how often people tried to appeal to NIWA's senses, always with the same result. It won't change.

The solution I've found for myself is to think of the NIWA less as an alliance, and more as a fancy affiliation page. This actually goes quite easy on your nerves, since an affiliation page doesn't need a functional infrastructure. Cue less headache. :)

Great, now I wrote another huge angry rant about that crap. I can put it to the thousand others. >_> Well, thank you for letting me waste your time I guess.
This is true. And the fanon wikis are not the reason of NIWA losing its integrity; rather, the other way around. The fanon wikis are a result of the "Alliance" not functioning as it was supposed to.
 

Super Mario Bros.

Oh boy! Haha!
Core 'Shroom Staff
Retired Wiki Staff
President Iwata said:
Edofenrir said:
NIWA has stopped being an alliance, and therefore lost it's identity. This happened way before any fanon wikis joined, and is the result of a failed infrastructure, as well as a heavily divided administration. There are only a few people who hold power inside the organization (none of them are from our staff by the way). The rest of the staff team is composed of expendable pawns, who may or may not eventually realize they don't have a say in anything, at which point they leave and nobody cares. Although, there are a few people there who do care genuinely about the NIWA and want to help, but nobody gives a *bleep* about them. I feel really bad for those people, and I'm sorry that they have to waste their effort in a way like this.

This is what is actually wrong with NIWA. The fanon wikis are not the problem, the high dysfunctionality is. Bashing those wikis won't do anything besides distracting everyone from the real problem. Also: You can stop trying to improve things, since there is pretty much nothing left that can be saved at this point, and you won't be heard anyway. God knows how often people tried to appeal to NIWA's senses, always with the same result. It won't change.

The solution I've found for myself is to think of the NIWA less as an alliance, and more as a fancy affiliation page. This actually goes quite easy on your nerves, since an affiliation page doesn't need a functional infrastructure. Cue less headache. :)

Great, now I wrote another huge angry rant about that crap. I can put it to the thousand others. >_> Well, thank you for letting me waste your time I guess.
This is true. And the fanon wikis are not the reason of NIWA losing its integrity;
I'd agree with this, but:

rather, the other way around. The fanon wikis are a result of the "Alliance" not functioning as it was supposed to.
I don't quite agree with this. Simply put, I feel the Nintendo Independent Wiki Alliance is there to help out all Nintendo independent wikis... If it covers fan fiction, why not? As long as none of it is linked from the mainspace articles on the other wikis (like, the Captain Olimar article here linking to Pikmin Fanon wiki...), then it's fine to have the interwiki linking and allowing their admins to discuss NIWA business and carry out their function.

In any case, I suppose this discussion really shouldn't be made into an argument, as you, me, and Edo all agree on one thing: NIWA has turned corrupt and has lost its original purpose.
 

Seteth

I have something to ask of you...
Chat Administrator
Core 'Shroom Staff
Awards Committee
Retired Wiki Staff
Guys, guys, you don't need to argue about this. It's basically like standing in front of a fresh train wreck and arguing about whether the conductor had his hat on or not when the crash happened. It doesn't matter anymore, just focus on what is left and try to somehow make the best of the situation.

Sharks Territory said:
Well, why is our Wiki a part of it then? Publicity?
We joined because we believed in the original ideal of the NIWA: A wiki alliance. We are still in it because, while the whole thing has gotten out of control, there are still a few benefits that are arguably worth clinging to. Don't quote me on this though, it's likely that I'm misinformed here.
 

Garlic Man

Name-change free since 2018
If a metal train is a mile long and a lightning bolt struck the back of the train, how long until it reaches and kills the driver, provided that he's a good conductor?
 

Not A

Ronnie mother****er and I'm back from the dead.
Don't mean to start anything or something like that, but NIWA is trying to reform. I don't know how, but it's trying to.
 

Zero777

Middle Eastern Federation
Not to sound repetitive or anything but, from the outside, looking at NIWA it looked like it was going swell but the minute I saw the StrategyWiki and the PikminFanon in NIWA I was just thinking to myself that these two wikis are barely related to anything about Nintendo and that probably any wiki can join with the smallest relation to anything Nintendo (let's not make an argument out of this), like for example my Code Geass Wiki can join NIWA because there was a Code Geass video game for the DS. In my opinion I think we should remove those two wikis and any related ones or change it to HIWA (Haphazard Independent Wiki Alliance) or UIWA (Unaimed Independent Wiki Alliance).

EDIT: Just wondering, should this be stickied?
 

Zero777

Middle Eastern Federation
DID. YOU. NOT. READ. THE. PART. OF. MY. POST. THAT. SAID. "NOT. TO. BE. REPETITIVE..... IN. MY. OPINION."!!?
 

Seteth

I have something to ask of you...
Chat Administrator
Core 'Shroom Staff
Awards Committee
Retired Wiki Staff
Rolo Lamperouge said:
Not to sound repetitive or anything but, from the outside, looking at NIWA it looked like it was going swell but the minute I saw the StrategyWiki and the PikminFanon in NIWA I was just thinking to myself that these two wikis are barely related to anything about Nintendo and that probably any wiki can join with the smallest relation to anything Nintendo (let's not make an argument out of this), like for example my Code Geass Wiki can join NIWA because there was a Code Geass video game for the DS. In my opinion I think we should remove those two wikis and any related ones or change it to HIWA (Haphazard Independent Wiki Alliance) or UIWA (Unaimed Independent Wiki Alliance).

EDIT: Just wondering, should this be stickied?
I find it amusing how you say "we" should remove anything.

And no, there is no reason to sticky this. As I and others said: Discussions about NIWA are pointless. Let's waste our time by discussing something more worthwhile instead, like pretty flowers.



Aaahhhh... So refreshing...
 

Garlic Man

Name-change free since 2018
Edofenrir said:
And no, there is no reason to sticky this. As I and others said: Discussions about NIWA are pointless. Let's waste our time by discussing something more worthwhile instead, like pretty flowers.



Aaahhhh... So refreshing...
ON-TOPIC NAZI DISAPPROVES
 

Seteth

I have something to ask of you...
Chat Administrator
Core 'Shroom Staff
Awards Committee
Retired Wiki Staff
Why sir, there is no need for an "on-topic nazi", for discussing pretty flowers is perfectly on topic. If we all think about what NIWA actually means, we will come to the conclusion that pretty flowers belong in a garden. Garden --> NIWA --> Pretty flowers.

Also, pretty flowers are pretty. They will make us happy, whereas other things will just make us sad. :(
 
Top