The Official NIWA Thread

Not A

Ronnie mother****er and I'm back from the dead.
BaseballYoshi24 said:
Again what is NIWA
It is basically an alliance between Nintendo themed wikis coming together to not get taken by wiki farms like Wikia, because they force stuff like skins on them. Though StrategyWiki, which doesn't only have Nintendo series, joined.

Kazooie

Red-crested Breegull
Chat Administrator
Core 'Shroom Staff
Awards Committee
Retired Wiki Staff
I don't get the idea behind "exclusive Nintendo franchises only" anyway. The purpose of NIWA is to provide support for independent wikis, so being too picky should be a no-no. Personally, if there was a promising wiki that has titles on Nintendo consoles and a few on others, I would call it "close enough" and welcome it.

I mean, it is the content that makes a title. Who cares on which consoles you can play the stuff?

Not A

Ronnie mother****er and I'm back from the dead.
Edofenrir said:
I don't get the idea behind "exclusive Nintendo franchises only" anyway. The purpose of NIWA is to provide support for independent wikis, so being too picky should be a no-no. Personally, if there was a promising wiki that has titles on Nintendo consoles and a few on others, I would call it "close enough" and welcome it.

I mean, it is the content that makes a title. Who cares on which consoles you can play the stuff?
I think it was just for a small start. Going all-inclusive from the beginning could've overwhelmed NIWA from the beginning.

Garlic Man

Name-change free since 2018
Pronouns
He/him
I have a few pumpkins growing in a garden in my front yard.

Tyrell Badd

"The hated boss who beats you down..."
Chat Administrator
Retired Forum Mod
Retired Wiki Staff
Former 'Shroom Staff
Pronouns
He/him
I have...special plants...growing in my backyard...

Garlic Man

Pronouns
He/him
I have many empty flowering "pots" too.

ralphfan

Thank you based god
Pronouns
He/him
President Iwata said:
I have a few pumpkins growing in a garden in my front yard.
Is this supposed to have some sort of double meaning, or does it have nothing to do with NIWA at all?

Garlic Man

Pronouns
He/him
"Niwa" means garden in Japanese, as Edo mentioned. So I thought it'd be nice to discuss gardens.

Kazooie

Red-crested Breegull
Chat Administrator
Core 'Shroom Staff
Awards Committee
Retired Wiki Staff
I once had a very huge lilac plant in my garden and it was awesome. It attracted a ton of butterflies. Now the garden isn't mine anymore, and the jerk who owns it now has probably cut it down. Unfortunately it was too huge when we moved, so I couldn't take it with me. :(

Other plants that are made of win are cacti. I am very fond of them; they are somewhat cute. Anyone here who owns a cactus?

Garlic Man

Pronouns
He/him
We do have aloe plants which aren't quite cactuses but are somewhat similar.

Zero777

Middle Eastern Federation
Pronouns
He/him
Aries said:
My grandmother owns a cactus. She's trying to kill it but it's a survivor.
Nice, cactus will not go down without a fight

Pronouns
He/him
Ouch...one time I had a cactus and someone decided to chuck it at me when I wasn't looking. Hit me right in the back, not fun having pricks sticking out of you.

Zero777

Pronouns
He/him
Ouch....

Since NIWA (not garden) lost its point, does that mean any wiki can join?

Hobbes

Star Spirit
Retired Wiki Staff
Former 'Shroom Staff
Pronouns
He/him
MarioWiki
Henry Tucayo Clay
I was the one who defended the interests of the MW the most at NIWA, but I retired now from there. Apparently I was more lvoed than I thought

Zero777

Pronouns
He/him
Well I'm not sure if that answered my question or not

Hobbes

Star Spirit
Retired Wiki Staff
Former 'Shroom Staff
Pronouns
He/him
MarioWiki
Henry Tucayo Clay
Oh, it was not supposed to. But, to answer your question, nope, there are still some restrictions, but certainly way fewer

Kazooie

Red-crested Breegull
Chat Administrator
Core 'Shroom Staff
Awards Committee
Retired Wiki Staff
Arthur said:
Since NIWA (not garden) lost its point, does that mean any wiki can join?
It means that NIWA is a giant bureaucratic limbo, and no, not every wiki can join. A few decide who can join and who not, all while the rest moves in circles for weeks.

Don't try to understand it. It hurts.