Starfy and Friends - Members of Mushroom World

NealP

Goomba
Of all Nintendo franchises, I've mostly played the 'Mushroom World games' - Mario/Donkey Kong/Wario/Yoshi/Peach/Luigi games that we know take place in the same world.

Now, disregarding 'party titles' (i.e. Smash Bros., Kart, Party, Sports) - as these feature many cross-overs (both Nintendo characters and not) that are not in keeping with a Mario 'canon' (Smash Bros. especially but also Pac-Man characters being in Mario Kart GP or Final Fantasy characters in Mario Hoops) - which Nintendo franchise characters appear in other games in a 'living fashion.'

By this I mean NOT like Kirby's poster appearing in Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga. That's just a reference. I mean like Wario appearing in Densetsu No Stafy 3. Or Starfy appearing in Super Princess Peach.

I ask this because I have never come across another crossover like this in adventure/platforming/RPG Mushroom Kingdom games.

Kirby, Star Fox, Pikmin, Animal Crossing, Pokemon, Zelda, Metroid - unless I'm totally missing something I don't recall one Nintendo character appearing in another's franchise 'in the flesh' outside of a party-based title.

Is this correct? Am I missing a cameo/appearance? If not, I ask this long-winded question because would that make Starfy and Pufftop Palace a character/place within Mushroom Kingdom?

What do you think of this? Is Starfy able to be considered a 'Mushroom World' cast member?

Mason - In what capacity? I only just began playing SMRPG and am in Forest Maze

Villain11 - well, you wasted your life making a pointless snide comment. Good for you!

I am a comics geek as well as a Nintendo geek, and I have had this theory that the Nintendo franchises(Mario, LoZ, Metroid, Pokemon, Kirby, Starfy, etc.) are in the same continuity like DC and Marvel. Some of the stuff here has made me have this theory. I even made a map(well, started one) of different places in Nintendo franchises(Mushroom World, Zebes, Earth, Venom, Pokemon world, etc)in a universe together. I should remake it and upload to my userpage on the vwiki and here as well.
:dk: Scorpion999 :bowser:

NealP said:
:posh: Congratulations on the classic middle school comeback.
Congratulations on turning my kidding around into a full blown arguement. And using :posh: for no reason. And my post had a point, and it was to annoy you.

And guess what? It worked!

Guys, stop the arguing. It's not getting you anywhere, other than a possible report to a moderator.

Despite the fact that Wario appeared in one of the Starfy titles, Starfy is not a Mario Universe character by any means.

Back