Obscure Easter Eggs

ralphfan

Thank you based god
Do you know any cool Easter eggs in Mario games? My favorite is in Chapter 7 of TTYD. When you enter the space above Sublevel 2, if you enter the grate to the far right, you will land in the shower that Peach used after Chapter 1. When you leave the shower, Mario and his partners turn into 8-bit form. This lasts until you leave the room.

The music for the Gamecube menu is actually the Famicom start-up music slowed down 16 times.

Not specifically Mario, but related.

E-102 γ said:
The music for the Gamecube menu is actually the Famicom start-up music slowed down 16 times.

Not specifically Mario, but related.
Honestly, up until now, I had no idea. While we're on the subject, the Famicom Disk System start-up screen also appears on Grodus' computer in Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door.

In the Legend of Zelda: Link to the Past, there is a portrait of Mario in someone's house you can get rupees from. Its not in a Mario game, but related to Mario.

This isn't really an easter egg. More of a mistake. Look at the box cover for MK:DD!!. Look at Luigi's cap. The L on it is backwards. That's all I know.

EpicWaluigi said:
This isn't really an easter egg. More of a mistake. Look at the box cover for MK:DD!!. Look at Luigi's cap. The L on it is backwards. That's all I know.

Saw that already :P How could the artists screw up on that petty mistake?

Bumped because I just stumbled upon an awesome easter egg. Also, I think this should be moved to Video Games so we can talk about any kind of easter eggs instead of just Mario ones.

Solar Blaze said:
Honestly, up until now, I had no idea. While we're on the subject, the Famicom Disk System start-up screen also appears on Grodus' computer in Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door.

When you're in a certain room (forgot which one) in Luigi's Mansion and there is a lightning flash, Luigi's shadow is being hanged. Creepy huh?

I believe when you press certain buttons right when the Gamecube starts up, I think the L+R or the X+Y button it will make different sound effects.

In Super Mario 3D Land, there's a level where you are top view. When you light all the torches, the Legend of Zelda SFX is heard. Pretty sweet.

Baby Luigi said:
In Super Mario 3D Land, there's a level where you are top view. When you light all the torches, the Legend of Zelda SFX is heard. Pretty sweet.
Do you happen to know which game's version of the sound effect is used?

Lord Ghirahim said:
Baby Luigi said:
Do you happen to know which game's version of the sound effect is used?

No I don't. The only Legend of Zelda games I know a lot about are Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask.

Sounds like it might be from the original.

Mario4Ever said:
I was hoping it was the nice harp only one from Skyward Sword.

Lord Ghirahim said:
Mario4Ever said:
I was hoping it was the nice harp only one from Skyward Sword.
I don't think it was. Sounded OoT to me but I'm not sure, I only did it once and was like, "Sweet!"

The guy in the Poke Transfer Lab does a shout out to Homestuck, believe it or not.

Back