The saddest movie you have seen

WigglerWhoopinWarrior said:
Toy Story 3, at the end when
Andy gave Woody, Buzz and all the other toys to the little girl before heading to college.
Nearly cried then.

That was sad.

Also the Boy in the Striped Pyjamas made me cry.

And at end of Van Helsing when
Van Helsing kills Anna as a werewolf when she comes with the cure
was sad but didn't make me cry.

Casablanca, It's a Wonderful Life, To Kill A Mockingbird and oddly Treasure of the Sierra Madre get me real good, but I don't think they're primarily supposed to be tragedies.

Of Mice and Men, A Streetcar Named Desire, East of Eden, and Citizen Kane do make me very sad.

These movies go even farther and just kick you when you're down, especially the last one:
Bridge to Terabithia
Schindler's List
The 400 Blows

But hands down I gotta say the saddest movie I have ever seen is Life is Beautiful. It is also one of the funniest movies I have ever seen... in the first half.

Oh, and Titanic was sad in the awful sense :posh:

The Secret Life of Bees. Even though it's one of my favorite movies, I always have to leave the room when (spoiler; highlight to read) May drowns herself and when the family reads her suicide note.

Forrest Gump, or the Green Mile... Both Star Tom Hanks.

Fawfulfury65 said:
Where the Red Fern Grows
Win.

We watched that in fifth grade after reading the book. I decided to watch it a few years later but I need to see it again. Masterpiece (both the movie and book.)

Just remembered another one. I don't think this is a very well-known movie: Simon Birch. The movie had some pretty funny moments, but this scene was very sad:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWj6xS7fvuI

The woman is the mother of the boy who stands up before she gets hit. When we watched this in school, about half the class laughed at this, which kind of disgusted me. I mean, imagine if you were in either kid's shoes; seeing your own mother getting killed with a ball that your best friend hit, or unintentionally killing your best friend's mother. If I did that, I would flee the state, but even so, I would still be scarred for life.

Towards the end of the movie, all the kids are on a school bus. The driver swerves to avoid a deer, and they end up in the lake. All the kids get out safely, except for one, and Simon goes back in to save him, and nearly drowns. This is one of the last scenes in the movie, which is even sadder than the other scene:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GGpty7I4_EA

This was definitely the saddest move I've seen to date. :'(

DaisyCrazy14 said:
Just remembered another one. I don't think this is a very well-known movie: Simon Birch. The movie had some pretty funny moments, but this scene was very sad:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWj6xS7fvuI

The woman is the mother of the boy who stands up before she gets hit. When we watched this in school, about half the class laughed at this, which kind of disgusted me. I mean, imagine if you were in either kid's shoes; seeing your own mother getting killed with a ball that your best friend hit, or unintentionally killing your best friend's mother. If I did that, I would flee the state, but even so, I would still be scarred for life.

Towards the end of the movie, all the kids are on a school bus. The driver swerves to avoid a deer, and they end up in the lake. All the kids get out safely, except for one, and Simon goes back in to save him, and nearly drowns. This is one of the last scenes in the movie, which is even sadder than the other scene:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GGpty7I4_EA

This was definitely the saddest move I've seen to date. :'(
I've seen that movie. It was sad...

pokemon the FIRST movie

i always cry when pikachu says pika :'(

Up was pretty sad in my opinion. I also agree with Plumber about Of Mice and Men. It's a sad, yet brilliant film. Forrest Gump was also sad in my opinion.

Bridge to Terabithia is probably hands-down the saddest movie I have ever seen. Coming in at close second, Where the Wild Things are. It's not hugely sad, but it's really depressing and makes me want to kill myself.

Some Pokémon movies do a good job at being sad as well, especially the first and the fourth.

Tangled was sad until...

It pulled a Pokémon the First Movie with the tear drops near the end. I thought Disney characters stayed dead!

Nope, Toy Story 3 was the saddest movie. It was one of two(the other being Pokemon the First Movie) that has made me cry.

Shrek Forever After, just the scene before the final. And in my opinion, you have to be fan of all the film series to get that scene to be sad, not depressing, but sad.

Plumber said:
These movies go even farther and just kick you when you're down, especially the last one:
Bridge to Terabithia
That one, as I said before, was really sad for me.

I agree it kicks you while you're down very much.

Back