The most annoying level

Alisbet

The Brave
What is the most annoying level that you have ever encountered in a video game? That is the question of this thread.

The entireity of Gate's Lab in Mega Man X6.

Prince Bowser Jr. said:
The entireity of Gate's Lab in Mega Man X6.
This.

Also, Strike Man's stage in Mega Man 10, while playing on Hard Mode.

Anything involving flying Cheep-Cheeps in a Mario game. Super Mario World's "Tubular" also left me with a distinct "I never ever want to do this again" feeling.

Also, too many to name in Rayman, though Eat at Joe's stood out in particular. So fair and easy! It contains nothing like navigating through an entire completely dark section with only a tiny spotlight, enemies appearing out of nowhere or billions of instant death situations by drowning, bottomless pits or losing the platform you're supposed to ride on. <3

Vellidragon said:
Anything involving flying Cheep-Cheeps in a Mario game. Super Mario World's "Tubular" also left me with a distinct "I never ever want to do this again" feeling.

Also, too many to name in Rayman, though Eat at Joe's stood out in particular. So fair and easy! It contains nothing like navigating through an entire completely dark section with only a tiny spotlight, enemies appearing out of nowhere or billions of instant death situations by drowning, bottomless pits or losing the platform you're supposed to ride on. <3

You completely explained crash bandicoot 1 in a nutshell, especialy the part about the bottomless pits and pitch black corridors.

Level 9-7 in NSMBW made me wanna rip Wario's guts out and eat them. Same with Luigi's Purple Coins, Slingpod Galaxy, and The Perfect Run.

let me think i have heaps,

u know I can't remember sling pod galaxy as being a difficult galaxy for me!?
I'm sure I past that one alright! (which is wierd cos I'm not a champion gamer)

I didn't think Sling Pod was all that bad, I just used it to harvest Star Bits so I could get watermelons.

Luigi's Purple Coins and most of the Cosmic Luigi races were pure hell, especially the Sea Slide race, because if you didn't get the initial boost, it was literally impossible to win.

I haven't fully completed SMG2 yet, but I'm sure The Perfect Run will make me go crackers.

One of the secret gates in SMW, I forget which... You had to fly under the first gate, but I could never pull up in time.

First Sirena Beach level. Those manta rays will haunt me for the rest of my life. Also in SMS, the final boss level. Not the actual fight, but steering that Godforsaken jackwagon of a boat across the lava. D'':

Can't believe nobody said this, but...

The Submerged Castle and the Dream Den from Pikmin 2.

If you've played it, you'd know why.

If you haven't, watch a run through of it.

Back