X-Scissor
Surf

Krookodile
Earthquake
Crunch
Shadow Claw
Strength (?)

Cof agrigus
Night Shade (Yeah, I should get rid of this ASAP)
Shadow Ball
Psychic
Energy Ball

Unfenzant
Fly
Aerial Ace
Featherdance
Facade

Eelektross
Thunderbolt
Brick Break
Crunch
Flash

Darmanitan (Sheer Force)
Fire Punch
Hammer Arm

Darmanitan's at level 36. The rest of my Pokemon are in their 60's. Eelektross might be at level 70. They all seem to some common problems. Whenever they hit an opponent with a super-effective move, they only take out approxmately half of their HP. But when they get attacked, it's a OHKO, two hits if I'm lucky.
I'll tell you, it's an extremely mediocre team.

Here's what I would recommend:
Maractus Lv. 74 @Dark Gem
-Acupressure
-Sucker Punch
-Hamm-

OH WAIT, THAT'S MY WHITE HACK~

But seriously, Krookodile needs improvement, Braviary is better than Unfezant, Eelektross i personally would love to try out, nothing on Cofy, and get rid of Samurott.

Pyro said:

Krookodile needs improvement

Such as?

Pyro said:
Braviary is better than Unfezant

Actually, Unfenzant's the most durable Pokemon I have.

Pyro said:
and get rid of Samurott.

I'd expect this from Javelin, but come on! We're Wott brothers!

Oh and those problems only occur when I'm in Nimbasa's Stadium and Court.

Buster Baxter said:
Pyro said:

Krookodile needs improvement

Such as?
For one thing, make sure his ability is Intimidate. That Attack lower ability is quite handy, actually. Though some people prefer Moxie, Indimidate is more useful overall.
Buster Baxter said:
Pyro said:
Braviary is better than Unfezant

Actually, Unfenzant's the most durable Pokemon I have.
Braviary is better, he's got a better movepool, good HP and Attack, and decent Speed.
Buster Baxter said:
Pyro said:
and get rid of Samurott.

I'd expect this from Javelin, but come on! We're Wott brothers!

Oh and those problems only occur when I'm in Nimbasa's Stadium and Court.
Actually, no. Samurott is the best starter competitively. He's actually rather good, just outclassed by other Water types. But using him in-game is fine.

Jellicent is better, though. And I still would pick Snivy because he's the coolest and I don't even train my starters anymore.

In both my Diamond and my White versions, I stopped training my starter because they just weren't that useful. In fact, my Servine sat in my box until after I beat the game, then I finally decided to evolve him. I think he's sitting in my Grass-type box at Level 36 right now, actually.

: O

Thanks for the info, Mewtwo is my favorite legendary bar Deoxys and Kyogre. I'll have to take advantage of this somehow.

Buster Baxter said:
My Krookodile does have Intimidate. I suppose it's the 2nd most durable Pokemon I have.
If you're calling Krookodile durable then you have some serious defense issues.

I use Pokemon like Escavalier and Jellicent who can tank super effective hits well. My Jellicent always beat out Cheren's Emboar even though it knew Wild Charge thanks to how bulky it was.

Escavalier may not be surviving any Fire-type attacks well but he tanks pretty much everything else.

You might also want to try Ferrothorn, who along with a great Defense stat has Iron Barbs, which added to a Rocky Helmet takes about 30% of an opponent's health when they make contact.

Mario4Ever said:
I'll have this soon.
Dammit I really wish I had Nintendo WFC on my DS. I hate missing stuff like this. Also, I picked out a Sandile that specifically had Moxie. Now my Krookodile goes on rampages, especially against Psychic-types. I have it holding the BlackGlasses for maximum Dark-type power. The only downside is that a faster Fighting-type can really pummel it quickly.

Buster Baxter said:
I guess I could use Ferrothorn even though I've given up on Grass-types.
Never just give up on a type. There are excellent Pokemon of every type.

Anyways, my LeafGreen party (facing the Elite Four) is

Patton the Blastoise - Lv 58 - Surf/Ice Beam/Protect/Rain Dance
Chuck the Hitmonlee - Lv 52 - Hi Jump Kick/Brick Break/Mega Kick/Bulk Up
Menace the Aerodactyl - Lv 53 - Rock Slide/Wing Attack/Ancientpower/Hyper Beam
Felix the Jolteon - Lv 59 - Thunderbolt/Shock Wave/Thunder/Thunder Wave

And then two decoys.

Reaper the Haunter - Lv 31 - Hypnosis/Shadow Punch/Night Shade/Confuse Ray
CH'DING the Farfetch'd - Lv 15 - Cut/Sand-Attack/Leer/Fly

Believe it or not, those two are actually useful sometimes. Haunter can come in on Lance's Dragonite's or Aerodactyl's Hyper Beams, and gain me a free switch. And Farfetch'd actually started messing up Blue's Venusaur after I used Sand-Attack which caused his Solarbeam to miss.

OK guys, I need help.

I'm in Ecruteak City in HeartGold, and I'm having a bit of trouble with the gym leader, who uses ghost types. (But technically, it's Ghost/Poison because Morty only uses the Ghastly line.)

Any suggestions for this?

EDIT: Ohwait, I just remembered about the Togepi you get in the beginning that knows Extrasensory. Oops, I forgot. Back to grinding the hell outta that thing then...

Team for the Opelucid Gym:

-Surf
-Scald
-Return
-Slash
-Psychic
-Psybeam
-Thunderbolt
-Grass Knot
-Shadow Ball
-Hex
-Flame Burst
-Will-O-Wisp
-Brick Break
-Low Sweep
-Bulk Up
-Retaliate
-Earthquake
-Rock Slide
-Slash
-Swords Dance
-Rock Slide
-Acrobatics
-Crunch
-Fly

(Also, yes, all Pokémon had their names changed except Lumos.)

Shiny Celebi said:
Can't wait for the Mewtwo event tomorrow~
:posh:
Holy shet I totally forgot about it until now. Thanks.

Also, I will now have two Mewtwo. My brother was dumb enough to let me have the SS Mewtwo over PokeTransfer.

Team after the Pokémon League and some of the optional places:

-Surf
-Waterfall
-Return
-X-Scissor
-Psychic
-Psybeam
-Thunderbolt
-Thunder Wave
-Shadow Ball
-Hex
-Flamethrower
-Will-O-Wisp
-Brick Break
-Close Combat
-Bulk Up
-Strength
-Earthquake
-Rock Slide
-Sandstorm
-Swords Dance
-Rock Slide
-Acrobatics
-Crunch
-Fly

Alright, be prepared for the biggest and stupidest level jump you will ever see.

My advice is to travel to White Forest/Black City, and head to the Route above. Right above the entrance to the forest/city, there's a patch of grass that's perfect for Audino hunting.

Trust me, levelgrinding here is very helpful.

Dr. Javelin said:
Alright, be prepared for the biggest and stupidest level jump you will ever see.

My advice is to travel to White Forest/Black City, and head to the Route above. Right above the entrance to the forest/city, there's a patch of grass that's perfect for Audino hunting.

Dude, what? It's much quicker to use the Lucky Egg and beat all the Trainers who lurk in Nimbasa's sports domes each day. You can get about 4-2 levels and a load of money each day that way.

Bec Noir said:
Dr. Javelin said:

Dude, what? It's much quicker to use the Lucky Egg and beat all the Trainers who lurk in Nimbasa's sports domes each day. You can get about 4-2 levels and a load of money each day that way.
Killing one of those Audino at level 1 with the Lucky Egg will get you about 25 levels.

Yoshiwalker said:
Bec Noir said:
Dr. Javelin said:

Killing one of those Audino at level 1 with the Lucky Egg will get you about 25 levels.
Oh. But that's level 1 though. And you'd still have to switch to a stronger pokemon.

Bec Noir said:
Yoshiwalker said:
Oh. But that's level 1 though. And you'd still have to switch to a stronger pokemon.
No, actually if you can find the TMs Substitute, Toxic, and Protect (which can be learned by pretty much every Pokemon), you solo them with any Pokemon.

And with Ghost types, you don't even have to bother with Substitute and Protect.

I just looked at the White Forest page on Bulbapedia and after seeing the kind of Pokemon that are available there, I'm thinking I should replace my current team (except for Samurott of course) with Pokemon I've used before (Mareep, Magby, Starly, etc.).

Although you need patience, carefulness, and another DS to fill up White Forest.

Dr. Javelin said:

I went to that route to grind for E4 #2 and I got all my Pokemon in the 70's WITHOUT Audino!!

Although, one day, I'm going to give my team a makeover and take advantage of Audino to make an unstoppable team. I mean seriously I am really getting tired of Kyurem being a placeholder and I STILL have no official sixth member. I've had the same team for so long, my Volcarona is at level 96.

Updated team after other optional side quests:

-Surf
-Waterfall
-Return
-X-Scissor
-Shadow Ball
-Hex
-Flamethrower
-Toxic
-Psychic
-Psybeam
-Thunderbolt
-Energy Ball
-Brick Break
-Close Combat
-Bulk Up
-Strength
-Earthquake
-Rock Slide
-Sandstorm
-Swords Dance
-Rock Slide
-Acrobatics
-Crunch
-Fly
-Bug Buzz
-Flamethrower
-Quiver Dance
-Psychic

I will most likely replace Chandelure with Volcarona and vice versa as I battle the remaining trainers.

Back