does yoshi have a shell or saddle

shell or saddle

• shell

Votes: 7 36.8%
  • saddle

Votes: 12 63.2%

• Total voters
Oh, that question...

So, Yoshi never goes into the shell on his back, so it must be a saddle, right? But wait... aren't there other things that don't go into ther shells?

Hmm....
ClubbaPM.png

Based on that theory, Clubbas have saddles on their backs as well.

TubbaBlubba.jpg

Looks like Mario is in for a rough ride.

For those who don't get the irony:

I'm pretty sure it is a shell. Nintendo just loves to put shells on everything that moves. Just like they do with shoes. M&S and SSB can be disregarded as valid sources, since the former wasn't developed by Nintendo and the latter has been shown to be wrong on occasion, and to make up stuff for their own canon.

Clubbas aren't turtles either, and you can't argue with the fact that their shells look almost identical to those of the Yoshies.

Face it. Nintendo doesn't give a shit whether placing a shell on a dinosaur makes sense or not.

Clubba's look more like a bony ridge coming out of their back =/

I wonder if Nintendo will ever make up there mind and stop changing details about things it's annoying

Mr bones said:
Seems like Edo gave enough proofs.Look carefully at this pic http://www.mariowiki.com/File:YoshiMP8art.png. It attached to its body. And if tubba blubba has a saddle on its back...I wonder who can ride it, a Thwomp maybe?definitely a shell. I know yoshi isn't a turtle, but we saw weirder things on the Marioverse. Such as touching a leaf and turning into a racoon.

Yet Yoshi's older (and better) artwork from Super Mario World looks like as if he had a saddle and not some stupid, useless shell.

Mr bones said:
According to Mario & Sonic at the olympic winter games, it's a shell. If you go to sparkleton look for the sheet of papers hidden inside jars...etc. One of them will say Yoshi has a red shell on his back. So it's a shell, used as a saddle

Sports games are non-canonical. Of course the saddle is attached to his back, it would just fall off. Its supposed to be a bony ridge that allows Mario and Luigi to sit on it.

Kracko said:
Mr bones said:
According to Mario & Sonic at the olympic winter games, it's a shell. If you go to sparkleton look for the sheet of papers hidden inside jars...etc. One of them will say Yoshi has a red shell on his back. So it's a shell, used as a saddle

Sports games are non-canonical. Of course the saddle is attached to his back, it would just fall off. Its supposed to be a bony ridge that allows Mario and Luigi to sit on it.
EXACTLY! I mean it's not like they are going to make the saddle fall of to make it difficult to play. So they attached it to it's boy.
DOES it really look like a shell? DOES IT REALLY bit of a difference there guys ergh

If you own Mario & Sonic 2, you'll see that the sheet of papers are used to solve some hidden mysteries, such as wario and waluigi aren't brothers, yoshi's saddle or shell thing...etc And you're telling me Tubba Blubba has a saddle? And SSBB and M&S2 are considered an official source.

Back