What happened to Rosalina? **SMG AND SMG2 SPOILERS**

WaluigiWare

I'M NOT A PIMP!
So... obviously, the girl in the storybook is Rosalina. The Rosalina we see in this story seems to covney quite a lot of emotion. She smiles and laughs a lot over the course of the story, and then of course she has that emotional breakdown when she admits that her mother is dead.

So then, why does the Rosalina that we see in the actual game have a very monotone personality? If I recall correctly, you never see her smile in either game. She just has this one straight face that she keeps throughout the entirety of Galaxy 1 that makes it look like she applied botox just before the game started, even when she is implied to be sad about something. Although she seems to convey some slight happiness at the end of Galaxy 2, she STILL doesn't smile.

Did something happen to her in-between the end of the storybook and the start of Super Mario Galaxy that essentially drained her of her basic emotions?

Have you seen how many Lumas she's said to take care of? I bet she's exhausted.

Jesus Freak said:
Have you seen how many Lumas she's said to take care of? I bet she's exhausted.
Yeah, but that still doesn't explain why she doesn't smile when she's reunited with, I assume to be her favorite Luma.

Super WaluigiWare said:
So... obviously, the girl in the storybook is Rosalina. The Rosalina we see in this story seems to covney quite a lot of emotion. She smiles and laughs a lot over the course of the story, and then of course she has that emotional breakdown when she admits that her mother is dead.

So then, why does the Rosalina that we see in the actual game have a very monotone personality? If I recall correctly, you never see her smile in either game. She just has this one straight face that she keeps throughout the entirety of Galaxy 1 that makes it look like she applied botox just before the game started, even when she is implied to be sad about something. Although she seems to convey some slight happiness at the end of Galaxy 2, she STILL doesn't smile.

Did something happen to her in-between the end of the storybook and the start of Super Mario Galaxy that essentially drained her of her basic emotions?
That's part of her. She doesn't smile. If she smiled, she would seem less Rosalina-like in my opinion. I don't know, she's very majestic and stong yet graceful. She doesn't seem like the smiling type. Maybe a little grin or giggle, but not a full-fledged smile.

You know how it is suggested that she is immortal, well probably she lived a very long time that she learn how to overcome all those emotions in theory

If you look at Rosalina's Mario Kart Wii model, one of her face texture parts actually has her with a smile. Most likely used whenever she hits someone with an item. However, Mario Kart Wii is a spin-off title, so this information isn't canon.

Anyway, as the protector of the cosmos, Rosalina does have to show some seriousness in her duties. Of course, that doesn't mean that she has no sense of humor; she may actually smile at times, but it rarely happens on-screen (rare instances include the SMG 2 ending).

Basically, Rosalina does have a cheerful personality, but it's well-hidden during serious issues. However, she's way less hyperactive when compared to Peach and Daisy.

Villain11 said:
Super WaluigiWare said:

That's part of her. She doesn't smile. If she smiled, she would seem less Rosalina-like in my opinion. I don't know, she's very majestic and stong yet graceful. She doesn't seem like the smiling type. Maybe a little grin or giggle, but not a full-fledged smile.
But she smiles in the storybook, even laughing at times.

Super WaluigiWare said:
Villain11 said:
Super WaluigiWare said:

I don't remember that. And maybe because she is recalling childhood memories.

She probably has an extreme case of Post Traumatic Stress Disorder. Your parents dying when you're a kid must've been real stressful.

Why should she smile anyway? Too many people smile too much in Mushroom Kingdom anyway *cough* Toad *cough*

BabyLuigiOnFire said:
She probably has an extreme case of Post Traumatic Stress Disorder. Your parents dying when you're a kid must've been real stressful.

Why should she smile anyway? Too many people smile too much in Mushroom Kingdom anyway *cough* Toad *cough*
True and per

BabyLuigiOnFire said:

Even if Rosalina rarely does smile, she is a caring and trustworthy person.

MnSG said:
BabyLuigiOnFire said:

Even if Rosalina rarely does smile, she is a caring and trustworthy person.

You don't have to smile to be a caring and trustworthy person. You don't even have to be happy.

BabyLuigiOnFire said:
You don't have to smile to be a caring and trustworthy person. You don't even have to be happy.

Well, even so, Rosalina doesn't always have to act too serious. She has to at least have a good sense of humor.

MnSG said:
BabyLuigiOnFire said:

Well, even so, Rosalina doesn't always have to act too serious. She has to at least have a good sense of humor.

In Mario Kart Wii, whenever she slips on a banana or something similar, she says WHOO!! I think she is pretty funny in that game, but then again, it's Mario Kart Wii and it's not a spin-off.

Maybe she's not smiling with her mouth, but she might be smiling with her eyes. What I mean by that is that she rather give you a look with her eyes rather than smile.

Villain11 said:
Super WaluigiWare said:
Villain11 said:
Super WaluigiWare said:

Yeah, she laughs after the Luma brings out Star Bits for himself to (eat?).

She also smiles at the very end when they're getting ready to bake a Star Bit Cake, this being AFTER she admits her mother's dead.

Super WaluigiWare said:
Villain11 said:
Super WaluigiWare said:
Villain11 said:
Super WaluigiWare said:

Yeah, she laughs after the Luma brings out Star Bits for himself to (eat?).

She also smiles at the very end when they're getting ready to bake a Star Bit Cake, this being AFTER she admits her mother's dead.
Just because she laughs and smiles once in SMG and doesn't in SMG2 doesn't mean she's broken or anything. She just didn't....That's it.

I'm just wondering why seems so happy and emotional in the storybook, and then in SMG and SMG2, she doesn't seem to exhibit any emotion what-so-ever.

i remeber that on smg she giggles a bit when she mentions peach like she thinks mario and peach are full on bf+gf

Super WaluigiWare said:
I'm just wondering why seems so happy and emotional in the storybook, and then in SMG and SMG2, she doesn't seem to exhibit any emotion what-so-ever.
Maybe she is only happy when reading her storybook.

ever since losing her mother she maybe never felt truly happy like when she was with her mother, maybe she is happy sometimes but she dosent smile because she thinks about her mother whenever she is happy

Lily x said:
ever since losing her mother she maybe never felt truly happy like when she was with her mother, maybe she is happy sometimes but she dosent smile because she thinks about her mother whenever she is happy
or that

Back