What control scheme do you use to play Brawl?

Which control scheme do you prefer to use?

• Wii Remote on side

Votes: 4 11.8%
  • Wii Remote + Nunchuk

Votes: 7 20.6%
  • GameCube controller

Votes: 17 50.0%
  • Classic controller

Votes: 6 17.6%

• Total voters
Junior Troopa said:
Try a second-hand shop like EA games. they sell old stuff like that.

Ok. I'll think about it.

On topic, which scheme do you use the SECOND most? Me.....GCN. That's the only option I'll ever use. I'll NEVER EVER use any other option, unless my GCN controllers disappeared or broke down.

BabyLuigiOnFire said:
Junior Troopa said:
Try a second-hand shop like EA games. they sell old stuff like that.

Ok. I'll think about it.

On topic, which scheme do you use the SECOND most? Me.....GCN. That's the only option I'll ever use. I'll NEVER EVER use any other option, unless my GCN controllers disappeared or broke down.

Per.

Wii Classic Controller on my end. Easier than the other control schemes, especially since the shields aren't pressure sensitive. Of course, this control scheme works better when you set the controls to the following...

Tap Jump: Disabled

a: Jump
b: Attack
y: Special
x: Shield
L: Shield
ZL: Shield
R: Grab
ZR: Grab
Right Control Stick: Smash Attack
Control Pad /\: Up Taunt
Control Pad <>: Side Taunt
Control Pad \/: Down Taunt

If you're wondering why there are three Shield buttons, it's kind of related to the Classic Controller Pro. If you hit ZL instead of L, at least you'll still get your shield.

Gamecube

I would use a Gamecube controller, but my brother sold them. So I use the Wiimote and Nunchuck.

Attack- A
Special- B
Taunts- Control Pad/1 or 2
Shield- Z
Grab- C

I also disable the shake to smash. That just gets too annoying when I reach up to fix my hair and my character is made vulnerable because I smashed in the wrong direction.

I'm thinking of buying a Gamecube controller off of my friend once I get some birthday money. I want the fancy gold controller :)

ParaSky said:
I use the Gamecube controller because of how used to it I am.

Exactly, I've only used one other control scheme for this game, the remote sideways, and I only used that about 2 times.

Personally, I don't see how anyone uses the sideways scheme. There don't seem to be enough buttons. And the Control Pad makes it difficult to dash.

Gamecube controller.

schmutz said:
Personally, I don't see how anyone uses the sideways scheme. There don't seem to be enough buttons. And the Control Pad makes it difficult to dash.

Tap twice to dash isn't too complicated. Most Kirby games utilize that command, especially Kirby Super Star.

MnSG said:
schmutz said:

Tap twice to dash isn't too complicated. Most Kirby games utilize that command, especially Kirby Super Star.

I think it's okay for Kirby games, but since Super Smash Bros. is more fast-paced, I prefer a Control Stick. I suppose it just depends on what one is most comfortable using. Since all the fighting games I've played have been on a home console with a Control Stick, I'm more used to playing like that.

schmutz said:
MnSG said:
schmutz said:

I think it's okay for Kirby games, but since Super Smash Bros. is more fast-paced, I prefer a Control Stick. I suppose it just depends on what one is most comfortable using. Since all the fighting games I've played have been on a home console with a Control Stick, I'm more used to playing like that.
i'm good with both, but seems easier with a Pad. Anyways i prefer gamecube controller.

I wasn't surprised most people use GameCube. People played Melee a lot and I guess they don't wanna adapt (or use batteries) for the other schemes.

I use the Classic Controller, though I started playing Brawl with the Wiimote+Nunchuk combo.

Back