What Mario and Sonic games should be made?

Lindsay151

Cheep Cheep
Wiki Administrator
As you all know how Sega has made two Olympic Games starring Mario & Sonic. If Sega does make another game starring them, What game do you guys think should be and why?

I hope they don't make another one. :(

Same here, actually. Like I've said several times in the past, the first one was an overhyped piece of garbage, which didn't even deserve to sell as well as it did, and spawn its unnecessary sequel. In fact, the only reason why the first game did so good in the first place, is simply because of the fact that Mario and Sonic were in the same game. I hated the first one so much, that I didn't even bother with the second one. As much as I'd hate to admit it, the second one DID look slightly better than the first one, but I'm definitely not getting my hopes up.

I would like to see Mario and Sonic star in an adventure game together, against the combined forces of Bowser and doctor Eggman. That would be really awesome. What do you say about this.

Alisbet said:
I would like to see Mario and Sonic star in an adventure game together, against the combined forces of Bowser and doctor Eggman. That would be really awesome. What do you say about this.
Sorry but no. They're two completley diffrent series, and seeing Choas and Goombas together would be wired. But yeah, only Smash Nros was good.

Yeah, I want to see Mario and Sonic team up in a REAL platformer game as well.

That being said, I do very much like Olympic Winter Games.

Yeah, I agree that no one needs to make any more Mario and Sonic games. I mean, what's the point? They're two different series, made by two different people, and they don't go together very well. Honestly, I don't really care about Sonic at all. I'm just a Mario fan.

Well, they're rivals. In the 90's, Nintendo and SEGA were virtually in a war with each other. It was all about, "Mario's better! No, Sonic's better!"

Heck, Sonic was created in the first place to compete with Nintendo and their Mario character. So after SEGA quit the console business and just became a game publisher, speculation flared over a game featuring Mario and Sonic together.

I was not a big fan of the 2 games. I could care less if they did.

A good game?
A game that mixes Sonic's speed and branching paths with Mario's jumping, planet exploration and creativeness in order to make a GOTY?

I always thought of an idea where Mario and Sonic switch worlds. Sonic speeds his way through classic Mario stages and meets all of Mario's friends while Mario jumps and explores his way through classic Sonic stages and meets Sonic's friends.

And then Mario fights Eggman and Sonic fights Bowser Jr. until the two worlds merge and Mario and Sonic team up to take down Bowser and Eggman.

WaluigiWare said:
I always thought of an idea where Mario and Sonic switch worlds. Sonic speeds his way through classic Mario stages and meets all of Mario's friends while Mario jumps and explores his way through classic Sonic stages and meets Sonic's friends.
Terrible idea.

King Porky said:
WaluigiWare said:
Terrible idea.
Obviously, I'm referring to Mario using his traditional platforming skills and reliance on power-ups to ace Sonic's zones and such.

the only way that a mario and sonic at the olympic games-london 2012 would sell if they had at least 10 new character like rosalina,rouge,jet ect. and if they had more modes and wifi play, and better stats, noway is bowser faster than blaze!

Lack of at least Toad playable really disappoints me, that's why I didn't get the game. :toad:

Mario and Sonic have had their share of racing titles; Mario with Mario Kart, and Sonic with Sonic R, Sonic Riders, and the most recent Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing.

Maybe Nintendo and Sega should work together to make a Mario & Sonic racing title, which would feature various characters, tracks, and items from both franchises. There would be a balance for those things though; Ex.: Same number of Sonic characters as Mario characters.

If they are gonna add Baby Luigi along, then I'm all for it. It just shouldn't turn as crappy as the Mario & Sonic series, though.

I've always wanted to see a handful of Sonic characters in a Mario Kart game.

Yes, Mario Kart and Sonic. THAT is what I want.

FUN FACT: Mario was considered for the Wii version of Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing. SEGA removed him because they didn't want to "interfere" with the Mario and Sonic series, or some crap like that.

WaluigiWare said:
I've always wanted to see a handful of Sonic characters in a Mario Kart game.

Yes, Mario Kart and Sonic. THAT is what I want.

FUN FACT: Mario was considered for the Wii version of Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing. SEGA removed him because they didn't want to "interfere" with the Mario and Sonic series, or some crap like that.

Well, I did think this game idea up after getting hold of the Wii version of Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing the other day. I even built up a balanced roster (meaning that the total number of Mario characters and Sonic characters is exactly the same) during the process.

Mario and Sonic Kart.

DO IT NOW, NINTENDO. (Obviously, I want Nintendo to make the whole game and SEGA to just give them permission to use the Sonic characters, elements, and locales.)

Back