Sign petition to prevent video game restriction and control

Smashgoom202

Dry Bowser
Retired Wiki Staff
Have you heard about "Schwarzenegger v. EMA"? You probably have, as it's known as the infamous "violent video games case", and now the Supreme Court has agreed to hear it! IF they agree with the lower federal courts, that means that video games will continue to be protected under the First Amendment, and thus will be free to express itself like books, movies, and music. If not, it means what we've been fearing; bills and laws curtailing video game access across the nation.

This is it, this is probably THE most important moment in video game history!

Sign this petition, and show that you do NOT want the Supreme Court to disagree with the lower federal courts:

http://action.theeca.com/p/dia/action/public/?action_KEY=1781

This isn't some silly regular internet petition that never works out, this petition with be include with a amicus brief, which will be included with other documents related to the case. In other words, EVERY PERSON COUNTS! IF you live in America (like me), and if you care about your gaming rights, show your support and be counted!

((BTW, I realize most of what I said was pretty much copied and pasted from the link, but who cares, I had a hard time getting across how important this is!))

Wait, so we have to enter all that personal info to sign?

I mean, I'm all for freedom in video games, but...

I googled the situation and got info about it. I actually don't think it affects me if it passes or not. I doubt I'm buying the kinds of games that would be barred.

This is it, this is probably THE most important moment in video game history!

Because, clearly, America is the only place that matter.

Mijzelffan said:
I don't live in America, so I'm not signing :P
Yeah, it's not your freedom that's being curtailed needlessly, so why should you care?

Frank Sinatra said:
Mijzelffan said:
I don't live in America, so I'm not signing :P
Yeah, it's not your freedom that's being curtailed needlessly, so why should you care?
No, there's not option on the form for other countries.

There are way too many kids in my school that has M-rated games. I'm all for restricting M-rated games to minors.

Why isn't it? What's so terrible about a 10-year-old seeing a little blood?

Well there is lots of green goop everywhere that spawns from aliens when you shoot them, so i guess that counts as blood, right?

either way, it's still M-rated!

Man i really hope this isn't gonna be a flamewar...

It's just wrong! they don't need to see that! And what about they're parents? if they let them play that, who knows what else they're alowed to see!?

unit4545 said:
they don't need to see that!
They don't need to see what? Guns? Aliens? I'm sure they've gotten a cut or something and seen blood before.

If you got a papercut, would your room fill with blood? no! that's less blood that most M-rated games have!

Lots of shooting, lots of aliens, lots of blood. It should be worth noting that the person i watched play was a 10-year-old.

Back