Which version of the DS do you prefer?

Which version of the DS do you prefer?

• Total voters
Y'know it had a Backlight, right?

Phat all the way. It's sturdy and easy enough to hold on to.

I certainly would buy the other ones if I didn't have this one. Usually, I buy one and stick with it for a while.

So I will keep my original DS until the 3DS is released.

Uniju said:
DS Phat. It does everything the Lite does, except for be a *bleep*ty conformist "omg everything must be small and look like an apple product otherwise it won't be hip" thing or have those ridiculously *bleep*ed up buttons that you would expect to see on something out of Hong Kong, not Nintendo. And the DSi is... Bleh. A slightly better Lite, with a few gimmicks.

With a few gimmicks!? it trumps them both in every way!

And the DS Phat was the original DS, they just called it the phat to sell more and hope to make it new again.

They failed.

The DSXL is just a larger version of the DS with 3 educational games built into it. Hello blurry games!

The DSi XL is just Nintendo trying to shut up all the whiny nerds who kept complaining about how the DSi's screen is slightly smaller than the Lite's.

And why are they emphasizing its portability? If I recall correctly, doesn't a larger size make it less portable than the original smaller model?

Why do they call it the DS phat, why not the original DS? Anyway, I play the DS Phat still and it works fine, though I think the battery life is getting shorter and shorter.

DS lite is my preference since my mom accidentally cracked my PHAT's screen. Now, the hinge on it is...nearly broken. Not to mention the few times the Phat had to be repaired because BabyLuigiOnFire BROKE it.

LeftyGreenMario said:
DS lite is my preference since my mom accidentally cracked my PHAT's screen. Now, the hinge on it is...nearly broken. Not to mention the few times the Phat had to be repaired because BabyLuigiOnFire BROKE it.

:evilgrin: :evilgrin: :evilgrin: :evilgrin: :evilgrin: :evilgrin: :evilgrin: :evilgrin: :evilgrin:

Lol, my DS Phat's screen cracked too. That's why I had to get it replaced with a DS Lite.

'Except now, my DS Lite is having red screen problems and it freezes occasionally, so I've replaced it with a DSi.

But now, my DSi's L and R buttons are starting to get wonky. Lol, 3DS time?

The 3DS cannot come soon enough. I just hope they've made the L and R buttons more durable, those things haven't been able to last a year since the DS Phat.

My R button is almost completely broken, and I can no longer play two of my games (SM64DS and KH358/2 Days) because of it.

well my opinon:
ds phat: i had this first, its ok but quite large and chunky and easy to get power confused wth start.
ds lite:i got this when the screen went on my ds phat, more portable and comes in more coulours,but if you drop it too much the hindge breaks, that happened to me
dsi:the best so far with its new features, it comes in lots of coulours and is even smaller and slimmer than the ds lite but has a bigger screen, i own one currently
dsi xl: i have never owned one but one of my friends has one, they are even wider than the ds phat what makes them unportable and only comes in too(rather boring) coulours, i think it designed more for adults, imo i prefer the normal dsi

From what I've read in this thread, you guys go through more systems then I do. I've had three ds lites and none of them broke, accept one the L button went to crap, I sold one and another was stolen. I currently have another ds lite and it is the best one of the best systems I've ever owned.

Metal slug 7 is awesome on the DS,

just thought I'd throw that in there.

the dsi xl is designed for adults who like to play proffeser layton together

dsi is for young people/some adlts who play lots of different games

thats the theory of audiances

Back