Paper Mario 3DS

ShyGuy27

The Cardinal is dead -- long live The Cardinal!
I have a few simple demands:

• Keep the story as simple as possible. I cannot stress this enough. If you try to hard you will ruin this game and I will hate you forever.
  • If Bowser isn't the main villain, more of those sidescrolling Bowser segments from TTYD. There were not nearly enough of those.
  • Don't go overboard with the action commands like in TTYD.
  • Bring back the Star Spirits and add a plot point where Twink died.

I agree with all of those but the last. Not because I wouldn't like to see it, but because I know whatever they did I would end up thinking that it ruined them. Also, I think it should have multiplayer. I cannot overstate how much I wish it will have multiplayer.

Mr. Doctor Professor Assistant-Governor General Shyguy said:
Bring back the Star Spirits and add a plot point where Twink died.
I seriously doubt they would use the same plotpoint twice, if it doesn't involve Peach getting kidnapped in some way, shape, or form.

Yeah the last one was a joke. I never want to see the Star Spirits in a new game because Nintendo will ruin them.

Like in Mario Party 5?

• Keep the story as simple as possible. I cannot stress this enough. If you try to hard you will ruin this game and I will hate you forever.
You mean the overall story? Yeah, I suppose that would be best. The other Paper Mario stories are simple, yet thrive on the small, individual stories within each chapter, and the character you meet in each chapter.

• If Bowser isn't the main villain, more of those sidescrolling Bowser segments from TTYD. There were not nearly enough of those.
LOL, yeah.

I didn't think there was anything wrong with the action commands with The Thousand-Year Door.

• Bring back the Star Spirits and add a plot point where Twink died.
Uh, no. Just... No.

Wow, you're demands suck. My demands are much more reasonable:

-Make the Chain Chomp partner more interesting; give it some distinguishable characteristics, like the other Paper Mario partners.
-Have the partners follow you, so they can react to situations. Those were some of my favorite parts of the past games, because it really felt like you were traveling as a group rather than an individual.

One last thing: Shouldn't this be in "The Marioverse" section?

Smashgoom202 said:
I didn't think there was anything wrong with the action commands with The Thousand-Year Door.
They put action commands on everything. Star powers should not be action commanded.

Smashgoom202 said:
They put action commands on everything. Star powers should not be action commanded.
Whatever. Personally, I found the audience's involvement in the fight a bit more annoying than the action commands. Especially when they start throwing things at you.

I really must concur with Smashgoom202's statement. Action commands served to create a more active and involving battle, while a bunch of assholes throwing shit at you serves only to make you hurry. Hurrying isn't what you should need to do in turn-based games(or in this case, modes). I hope that the audience makes no return in such a guise in Paper Mario 3DS.

I'm happy from what I see so far. Although I liked Super Paper Mario, I do think that it was a good decision to actually go back to the turn-based style battles. This looks promising.

Hmm, I wonder what storyline this game is going to have? The storyline would always get significantly darker after each installment, but I just can't imagine it getting any darker after Super Paper Mario.

Good reason to buy a 3DS.

SolarBlaze said:
Hmm, I wonder what storyline this game is going to have? The storyline would always get significantly darker after each installment, but I just can't imagine it getting any darker after Super Paper Mario.
I'm hoping for a story like the original's.

I'll leave everything to Nintendo's hands, because I really hope they know what they're doing. I'm just happy that they announced that an RPG Paper Mario game is being made (I liked Super Paper Mario, but I prefer the RPGs).

I'm only begging for a great soundtrack. Even though the soundtrack of the past three games was made of MIDIs, they were all very good.

Actually, judging from the battle stages, I'm guessing there won't be any audience this time around. Everything reminds me of the first Paper Mario game, but it remains to be seen just how "dark" this new installment is.

They'd better not go for a dark storyline again. TTYD was good but I doubt they could pull it off these days.

I think dark storylines are awesome, too. I'm also hoping that Bowser's not the main villain in this one. I think this game needs yet ANOTHER villain that's more cunning, evil, and psychotic than he is.

LOL

What you mean to say is that you hope that Bowser is the villain and that the portray him as he was in the old games like Super Mario Bros. and Super Mario Bros. 3, as cunning evil and psychotic instead of fucking him up like they have in most of the other RPGs.

Well, it's what I wanted to say, so.

No, it isn't. Like I said before, I do NOT think Bowser's that great of a villain. All he mostly does in a nutshell, is kidnap Princess Peach because of his crush on her. Big whoop. That's nothing compared to trying to reserrect an ancient demon, whose powers were capable of destroying the world.

No, I mean that I wanted to say that Bowser should be the villain and go back to being evil and cunning as he was portrayed in earlier games. Also, kidnapping someone because you want to fuck them > Destroying the universe because your girlfriend broke up with you.

'Specially when you raid heaven and steal the powers of the gods first.

Back