Yoshi's Island for Virtual Console

:yoshi: So far Nintendo released some of the games we want, but mostly junk that no one really knows or cares about. I personally never got a chance to play this game, but loved the ds sequel. Does anybody know if Nintendo plans to rerelease this game? ( Not including the gameboy advance version)

Not up to my knowledge. I definitely do agree with you, though. Ever since late 2008, they've hardly been adding anything worthwhile. They used to release tons of good games, but nowadays, it's just a bunch of garbage. Now, it's down to only one Virtual Console game per week (if that), plus three or four random WiiWare titles, which people probably couldn't care less about.

Now, going back to the Yoshi's Island subject, I agree that it should get a Virtual Console release. If it does come out, I won't be purchasing it myself, of course, since I already own the Game Boy Advance version (which is pretty much an exact port of the SNES game, anyway, with a few extras added).

Bass said:
Not up to my knowledge. I definitely do agree with you, though. Ever since late 2008, they've hardly been adding anything worthwhile. They used to release tons of good games, but nowadays, it's just a bunch of garbage. Now, it's down to only one Virtual Console game per week (if that), plus three or four random WiiWare titles, which people probably couldn't care less about.
You must've not been checking on the thing in a while then. They've been releasing Virtual Console stuff like Street Fighter II: Championship Edition, Master Blaster, A Boy and His Blob, Final Fantasy II, etc. There's always a virtual console release or two at a time.

I don't think Yoshi's Island will get a VC release anytime soon. They already have the GBA remake and the DS sequal.

Lyra said:
I don't think Yoshi's Island will get a VC release anytime soon. They already have the GBA remake and the DS sequal.

That's true, but how many times has Zelda: Ocarina of Time been released? They still virtual consoled it. Of course, that was probably because it was one of the greatest games of it's time. Maybe Nintendo thinks that it's not worthwhille to release Yoshi's Island on VC.

Bass said:
Ever since late 2008, they've hardly been adding anything worthwhile. They used to release tons of good games, but nowadays, it's just a bunch of garbage.

Super Smash Bros.? Hello?

Mama_Luigi said:
Lyra said:
That's true, but how many times has Zelda: Ocarina of Time been released? They still virtual consoled it. Of course, that was probably because it was one of the greatest games of it's time. Maybe Nintendo thinks that it's not worthwhille to release Yoshi's Island on VC.
Actually, the OoT remake was only released via a special limited-time only collectors disc, iirc. Nintendo probably knew most people didn't have that release. On the other hand, Yoshi's Island had a best selling, easily obtained GBA remake. It would've been slightly redundent to add it to the VC.

@SolarBlaze: "Used to" and "now a bunch of garbage" kinda canceled out the "hardly". :P

Lyra: Yeah. I've got that disc. 8)
Also, I would buy Yoshi's Island again(after the GBA version) if it came out on VC. Since it's so awesome.

Has anyone found a pattern in when Nintendo releases these? Because I haven't found any, except that they normally release the game I want on the week that I don't bother checking.

Lyra said:
That didn't stop them from releasing Super Mario 64 on the Virtual console.

Gogol Bordello said:
Lyra said:
Heck, it didn't even stop them from releasing Super Mario Bros., which has been rereleased at least a few times.

Lyra said:
@SolarBlaze: "Used to" and "now a bunch of garbage" kinda canceled out the "hardly". :P
Not exactly. If I had said "nothing but garbage", THAT would've cancelled it out.

Little Dude From Across the Street said:
Gogol Bordello said:
Lyra said:
Heck, it didn't even stop them from releasing Super Mario Bros., which has been rereleased at least a few times.
Why don't we add Super Mario Bros. 2, Super Mario Bros: The Lost Levels, Super Mario Bros. 3, Super Mario World, and the Donkey Kong Country ports to the list? Each and every one of these got Game Boy Advance ports (even The Lost Levels, but even that version was only released in Japan), and a few of them were also on the Game Boy Color, but that didn't stop any of these games from getting released on the Shop Channel.

Bass said:
They used to release tons of good games, but nowadays, it's just a bunch of garbage.
You didn't use the word "hardly" in the second sentence, and since this is a separate sentence from the first one, it's considered as a separate thought as well.

, it's just a bunch of garbage.

Yeah, Castlevania:Rondo of Blood, Shadow Dancer (aka Shinobi 2), IronClad and Earthworm Jim 2 are such worthless pile of shits.

Okay, this is SERIOUSLY getting annoying, now. Let me go ahead and emphasize this one more time:

Bass said:
Ever since late 2008, they've hardly been adding anything worthwhile. They used to release tons of good games, but nowadays, it's just a bunch of garbage.
You see the word "hardly" in that first sentence? Yes, "hardly", meaning "not very often", rather than "not at all". Also, yes, I DID say there was a bunch of garbage being added to the Virtual Console, but once again, I did NOT say anything along the lines of "nothing but garbage". HOW many times do I have to say this, exactly?

The way the sentences are worded, they sound overly negative. Besides, angry guys are funny. :P

Bass said:

Okay, this is SERIOUSLY getting annoying, now. Let me go ahead and emphasize this one more time:

Bass said:
You see the word "hardly" in that first sentence? Yes, "hardly", meaning "not very often", rather than "not at all". Also, yes, I DID say there was a bunch of garbage being added to the Virtual Console, but once again, I did NOT say anything along the lines of "nothing but garbage". HOW many times do I have to say this, exactly?
But you did say "just garbage," which excludes anything else.

...Alright, fine. Let me rephrase that, then: There's mainly a bunch of garbage that's been getting added to the Shop Channel.

Back