What kind of new Mario game do you expect for the 3DS?

Uniju

Hazukashii serifu kinshi
MarioWiki
Uniju :D
Since the GBA had a whole host of remakes from the SNES and really no game of it's own, and the DS got a remake of SM64, I can't help but feel a remake of Sunshine is in order, but given the circumstances a new "gimmickier" game seems more likely(perhaps a gimmickier version of Sunshine? They did kind of do that for 64DS).

What do you guys think?

I don't think Sunshine would work on a handheld system because of how the camera is set up. I'm expecting maybe a new Mario & Luigi game though.

The camera in Sunshine wasn't that much different from 64's camera, and 64 worked(well enough to be released...).

There'll probably end up being another New Super Mario Bros. game.

EVERYONE WILL BE TALKING ABOUT THIS NEW DK PLATFORMER

BUT THEN IT'LL NEVER HAPPEN/BE A HUGE DISSAPOINTMENT

^ Lawl.

Anyway, I'll agree with Uniju. However, while the camera of SMS could be fine on a handheld I'm sure the rest of the game wouldn't work out too well...

Ha.

Maybe Newer Super Mario Bros. Wii: The 3DS Remake.

Maybe another handheld Mario Party...

Thankfully they'd keep it two dimensional and it'd be harder than the latest game in the series.

Time to make a Super Mario Galaxy remake! Yeah!

Fawfulfury65 said:
Yeah, I REALLY hopes there's a new Mario and Luigi game on the 3DS. :mario: :luigi:
Maybe you could use the tilt control to control the gravity in the overworld.

Man, that would be awesome.

Depends, will the 3-D be like a window, or like a hologram?

Dale Gribble said:
Maybe another handheld Mario Party...
Hopefully. Maybe we'll be seeing one Mario Party per console from now on?

Little Dude from Across the Street said:
Time to make a Super Mario Galaxy remake! Yeah!
The 3D would probably really help navigation between and around planets.

Uniju said:
Since the GBA had a whole host of remakes from the SNES and really no game of it's own, and the DS got a remake of SM64, I can't help but feel a remake of Sunshine is in order, but given the circumstances a new "gimmickier" game seems more likely(perhaps a gimmickier version of Sunshine? They did kind of do that for 64DS).

What do you guys think?
I can definitely see Super Mario Sunshine 3DS hitting shelves (and to be quite honest, I'd totally get the game).

Lyra said:
I don't think Sunshine would work on a handheld system because of how the camera is set up. I'm expecting maybe a new Mario & Luigi game though.
As Uniju said, the cameras between 64 and Sunshine were not extremely different from each other. In any case, the camera would probably end up being controlled by the L-button like it was in 64DS.

Bass said:
There'll probably end up being another New Super Mario Bros. game.
That would be a pretty good idea.

Fassad said:
Hopefully a PM64 remake.
I'd psyche over this. It would be the first on my list of games to get, dead serious.

T-REX said:
EVERYONE WILL BE TALKING ABOUT THIS NEW DK PLATFORMER

BUT THEN IT'LL NEVER HAPPEN/BE A HUGE DISSAPOINTMENT
A DK platformer would be awesome.

I would quote more, but I won't. In response to some other posts: a new Mario & Luigi game for the 3DS would be pretty neat. And I think that it would probably be best to limit one new Mario Party game per new system; it was acceptable for the N64 and early GameCube MP games to be released on the same system, considering that they added new elements as the next game rolled around. But the only thing that really changes these days are the mini-games and boards, as well as some characters switched around with others.

I bet they'll make a Mario Party...

They should make a whole new Paper Mario and you can fight online and it will become the biggest game in the WORLD. Yep, in the WORLD, all capitalized. Really, though battling online for Paper Mario would be cool.

Marcelagus said:
I bet they'll make a Mario Party...
I sure hope so.
matthewd0123 said:
They should make a whole new Paper Mario and you can fight online and it will become the biggest game in the WORLD. Yep, in the WORLD, all capitalized. Really, though battling online for Paper Mario would be cool.
That is a fantastic idea. As weird as it sounds, a Paper Mario game for Nintendo's first 3D-displayed system sounds like it would look really nice(I guess it's not THAT weird, since the first Paper Mario came out on Nintendo's first properly 3D-graphiced system...).

Bass said:
Am I the only one on this planet who hates Mario Party?
Are you being sarcastic? Do you have any friends that play video games, or do you go on any gaming forums other then this one? 99% of everyone ever absolutely despises Mario Party.

Oh, I go to tons of forums. For the most part, I usually hear positive things about it. Also, let's not forget the fact it's sold enough copies to spawn ten plus sequels (as well as a clone, which is even worse). I've played the first three Mario Party games for the Nintendo 64, and I didn't think they were anything special. I honestly do not understand their appear at all.

Back