Will Super Mario Galaxy 2 exceed Super Mario Galaxy?

What do you think?

• SMG2 will be better than SMG

Votes: 7 41.2%
  • SMG2 will be worse than SMG

Votes: 3 17.6%
  • They will be equally great

Votes: 7 41.2%

• Total voters
Sharks Territory said:
I hope the bosses are a bit more mature. And the soundtrack needs to be less baby-ish. And those bunnies were seriously fruity.
The only true sign of immaturity is when you want to be mature. But I'm not an immature elitist, so I don't mind...
After all, maturity is simply a product of our cultural standards, and the very definition of such a vague concept is all but unknown in some other cultures. Although the concept is by no means unknown to the Japanese culture, the Japanese culture does not see maturity in the same way you do(that being dark/edgey = mature), that is an almost exclusively American idea. So if you were to tell Nintendo to make Galaxy 2 more mature, they would have no idea what you are talking about.

Because maturity is a cultural thing, and they are part of another culture. That said, I believe that orchestrated music is generally considered a bit of a "mature" thing in both western and Japanese culture(since naturally, Japanese culture has had little opportunity to gain it's own stance on such a western art form).

It was fitting as hell.

Uniju said:
the Japanese culture does not see maturity in the same way you do(that being dark/edgey = mature), that is an almost exclusively American idea.
Lay off on the stereotypes, man. Not every Japanese person has the exact same opinion on every single thing, you know.

Sharks Territory said:
The Baron Brr music. Tell me it doesn't suck.

Well since you told me to, "it doesn't suck."

But anyway, you need to be Ice Mario/Luigi to beat Baron Brrr anyway, so unless you're bad at the game, most of the music you hear should be the Ice Mario theme, not the Baron Brrr theme.

I think Uniju was saying that lame music is fitting for a lame boss.

No use in wasting epic music for stupid mini-bosses.

Sheep Man said:
But anyway, you need to be Ice Mario/Luigi to beat Baron Brrr anyway, so unless you're bad at the game, most of the music you hear should be the Ice Mario theme, not the Baron Brrr theme.
No, I'm pretty sure it's possible to defeat him without the Ice Flower. I've done it quite a bit of times.

Sheep Man said:
I think Uniju was saying that lame music is fitting for a lame boss.
I was not.

Solar Man said:
Sheep Man said:
No, I'm pretty sure it's possible to defeat him without the Ice Flower. I've done it quite a bit of times.
Oh. Well I haven't played the game in years, so I may be thinking of something else. :P

Didn't they have the same theme song? Well, at least they did when the blue mole appeared at Gold Leaf Galaxy and Toy Time Galaxy. Or were you talking about the song that plays when he showed up at Deep Dark Galaxy, which is the same as Baron Brr's?

Mario fights a Chinese dragon.

Mg4.png

‘Nuff said.

I know story isn´t vital in a Mario game, but it adds to the atmosphere of the game, to get the player feel that the whole thing has a point. Why am I saying this? Because SMG2 lacks Rosalina. And that CAN´T BE.

Also, I think that this game will be worse than the first one, as it is a merely "Lost Levels" (or lost galaxies for that matter), but not that this is a bad thing... smg2 will still bw good; it only means that it will have less impacgt on us.

Easmo said:
I know story isn´t vital in a Mario game, but it adds to the atmosphere of the game, to get the player feel that the whole thing has a point. Why am I saying this? Because SMG2 lacks Rosalina. And that CAN´T BE.
I disagree. In like every way. Mario games should never try for any more than the most basic of plotlines.

What's so great about SMG anyway? Once you beat it, the game becomes horribly boring. I have low expectations for SMG2, it just doesn't look as good as it did at E3.

Fawfulfury65 said:
What's so great about SMG anyway? Once you beat it, the game becomes horribly boring. I have low expectations for SMG2, it just doesn't look as good as it did at E3.
You should see a psychiatrist.

Fawfulfury65 said:
What's so great about SMG anyway?
You get to play as Mario in space.

Fawfulfury65 said:
Once you beat it, the game becomes horribly boring.
If your definition of "boring" is "fun" then it sure does! I've probably played SMG accumulatively fifty times now, and it's never gotten boing.

Fawfulfury65 said:
I have low expectations for SMG2, it just doesn't look as good as it did at E3.
Tsundere~

As underrated as Super Mario Sunshine is, I still like the fact that Super Mario Galaxy actually had an attack command.

Uniju said:
Well let's just look at the facts;
*Super Mario 64 was the first mainstream 3D Mario game. It was great. The only appearance of Yoshi was minor.
*Super Mario Sunshine was the second mainstream 3D Mario game. It was OK. You could ride Yoshi.
*Super Mario Galaxy was the third mainstream 3D Mario game. It was great. The only appearance of Yoshi was minor.
*Super Mario Galaxy 2 will be the fourth mainstream 3D Mario game. You will be able to ride Yoshi.

Also, Gobbleguts acts similarly to The Wiggler boss from Super Mario Sunshine, getting angrier and making train noises every time it gets hit.

Back