Disappointing Mario Games

Garlic Man

Name-change free since 2018
Ever had a game that you finally bought, hoping for great things, pop it in, and find yourself playing a game worse than expected? This doesn't have to mean "The Worst Game Ever" or anything. Just something that you weren't expecting. Discuss.

Mine is probably Mario Party 8. It wasn't bad, but not what I had quite expected.

Re: Most Disappointing Mario Game

Mario Kart Wii was te most disappointing Mario game I ever got, although I've come to enjoy it after my initial "omg dis sux!!!!11!1oeneon".

Uniju said:
Mario Kart Wii was te most disappointing Mario game I ever got, although I've come to enjoy it after my initial "omg dis sux!!!!11!1oeneon".
Isn't that sentence an oxymoron? :/

I never really was disapointed with any Mario game. I'm normally pretty much neutral when it comes to things like this.

Disappointment is what you feel when you see something initially, not over the course of every time you ever use it. :-\

It looked stupid before it came out, and as such I could not have been disappointed.

I'm sorry, but I haven't played enough Mario games to be disappointed.

Super Mario 64 DS. I probably wasn't expecting a whole lot, but the controls are just so bad compared to the original. Can't play platformer games without a joy stick, sorry.

Re: Most Disappointing Mario Games

^ Well, sometimes the gameplay was annoying at certain points of the game.

Muigi said:
^ Well, sometimes the gameplay was annoying at certain points of the game.
That too.

I remember one time I played Mario is Missing. Before I actually knew what it was.

Couldn't figure out how to do a damn thing.

And another thing with gameplay: Galaxy had an occasional annoying camera angle here and there.

Muigi said:
And another thing with gameplay: Galaxy had an occasional annoying camera angle here and there.
Like, upside-down and such? Or what

Jackie Chan said:
Muigi said:
Like, upside-down and such? Or what
Don't forget when you move to the opposite side of a planetoid, but in most cases, it's harmless.

SMG is an utter failure. you'd think it would've been better.

The Grinch said:
SMG is an utter failure. You'd think it would've been better.
Alot of people liked that game. I don't really think dubbing it as a "utter failure" is fair just because you didn't like it. Besides, instead of complaining about how it could've been better, why can't you be happy it wasn't worse? :/

I'm going to be hated for this, but Donkey Kong. When I first played it, I was expecting something else, I guess.

Onto the topic itself, PiT was somewhat disappointing, especially with the plotholes.

Super Smash Bros. Brawl. Still one of the best games out there, but I expected more from the SSE.

I'd say Mario Strikers Charged.

I expected much more out of it.

I think we should allow other series mentions in this topic...

Anyway, Mario Kart Wii was disappointing with some of it's characters...

Muigi said:
I think we should allow other series mentions in this topic...

Anyway, Mario Kart Wii was disappointing with some of it's characters...
Baby Daisy. Arrgh. They need to hold back on babies.

Back