Do you think Fawful will make another comeback?

N

Noahp89

I personally think he's done. Why? I doubt he even lived through Bowser's Inside Story. What do you think?

I think he might. You'd be surprised by how many Mario characters come back from the dead. :-\

I feel the same way, Angry Sasquatch, but at the same time, I get the feeling that they'll end up retconning what happened at the end of Bowser's Inside Story, saying that he survived somehow. The same thing happened with the Shroob princesses in Partners in Time;
the two of them were CLEARLY dead (where they exploded, and everything), and yet they were apparently alive in the next game, frozen in that cryogenic chamber in Bowser's Castle.

MOD EDIT: Like ShyGuy said, spoiler tags were needed. ;)

I've never beat Partners in Time, but that does seem like a good point, SolarBlaze. However, Princess Shroob was only fightable in 1 game. Fawful was in two. Maybe since Fawful was beaten a few times, maybe he's done. I'd like to see him at least one more time, though.

If he truly is done, then the only way he'll appear in the next Mario & Luigi game is through a small cameo (like an image in the background, or something). I think the Shroobs are more likely to return than he is, though. In fact, I get the feeling that their appearance in Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story was supposed to foreshadow that.

That's actually a good point.

Maybe Fawful would be a mini-boss or something, but I doubt he'll have any more roles as the final boss.

SolarBlaze said:
I feel the same way, Angry Sasquatch, but at the same time, I get the feeling that they'll end up retconning what happened at the end of Bowser's Inside Story, saying that he survived somehow. The same thing happened with the Shroob princesses in Partners in Time;
the two of them were CLEARLY dead (where they exploded, and everything), and yet they were apparently alive in the next game, frozen in that cryogenic chamber in Bowser's Castle.
Those could be copies Fawful made.

But anyway, the Mario series is mostly a cartoony and comedic series, so, despite we have seen Bowser fall to the lava 9000 times, Petey explode in a wave of chocolate, the Wario Bros get caught in tons of explosions and so on... it never counts as death unless the creator want to. Amusing injuries FTW.

What I mean is that Fawful will come back if nintendo wants to, taking his ending in BiS as another "amusing injury" (see tv tropers if you don´t know what I mean).

However, nintendo barely uses any secondary character aside from the main crew we know for years, so, as much as I like Fawful, I think nintendo´s done with him, which saddens me.

I hope I´m wrong but... :/

MOD EDIT: Mind as well add spoiler tags to everyone who quoted him while I'm at it.

SolarBlaze said:
The same thing happened with the Shroob princesses in Partners in Time; the two of them were CLEARLY dead (where they exploded, and everything), and yet they were apparently alive in the next game, frozen in that cryogenic chamber in Bowser's Castle.
This is an example of when spoiler tags should be used.

MOD EDIT: As you say, Mr. ShyGuy. ;)

^He's right.

I wouldn't be surprised if Fawful makes another appearance. Mario characters never seem to actually die.

Stooben Rooben said:
^He's right.

I wouldn't be surprised if Fawful makes another appearance. Mario characters never seem to actually die.
Cackletta, the Shadow Queen, and Super Dimentio would like to have a word. :P

Unfortunately, he will not return. If you look at his last quote of BIS we can see that he clearly knows he will die.

Grácovitz said:
Unfortunately, he will not return. If you look at his last quote of BIS we can see that he clearly knows he will die.
Even though he thought he will die, he could've always been wrong. Remember, Nintendo has randomly brought back characters that were thought to be dead. They've been doing that alot lately. Though we'll just have to wait to find out. ;)

I highly doubt it, I don't really think that he'll return. but, in the remote chance that he returns, he's always welcome :D

He and cackletta need to come back and the koopalings again

I highly doubt it, and if they did try to bring him back, it would be stupid. The only reason to do so would be to please the fans, but really, how is he supposed to come back after he exploded?

Smashgoom202 said:
I highly doubt it, and if they did try to bring him back, it would be stupid. The only reason to do so would be to please the fans, but really, how is he supposed to come back after he exploded?
Good point. I actually didn't finish BiS. (I got to the final boss, though.)

So yeah, he's probably done..

oh he will make a come back if people like him i am shure nintendo would bring him back besides he has been in bean in every game in the M&L series so i think theres a huge chance of him comeing back but that is just me

Smashgoom202 said:
nintendo will find a good reason why/if he is in the next M&L game.
M&L whould'nt be the same without fawful

He will be back obviously i mean look at bowser he has been melted in lava blown up and somehow come's back everytime.

Back