Upcoming "NDS 2"

Aiko Heiwa

Power Star
Banned User
http://kotaku.com/5381257/nvidia-chip-to-power-new-nintendo-ds

Graphic chip maker has apparently been awarded a contract to provide its mobile-centric system-on-a-chip, Tegra, to a new Nintendo DS, which will be announced in late 2010.

Insiders tell IT news outlet BSN that a single chip Tegra will supposedly power the new DS; the Tegra was developed for use in mobile devices like Microsoft's Zune HD as well as smartphones.

If true, this could explain why Nvidia CEO Jen-Hsun Huang declared that the Tegra account will account for half of Nvidia's revenues in the next couple of years. It would also be the first time Nintendo and Nvidia have partnered.

We are following up with Nintendo and if update if the company comments.

Finally, they've gone through two versions of the original DS, and yet, this is a successor to it.

Re: New DS on its way

A new one allready? Wow, the already made the DS, DSLite, DSi, the original DS successor that was possibly scrapped due to DSi sales, and now this. Technology is advancing to fast! QUICK, EVERYONE OUT OF THE UNIVERSE!

Smashgoom202 said:
...Seriously? They just made the DSi, why make another one so soon?
They probilly didn't feel like waiting to make it. They must've wanted to keep the idea fresh in thier minds.

When a game system is released, that's no permission for the devs of said system to go on vacation. The next Xbox has been in development since 360 was out. PS4 has been in development since PS3 was launched. Wii 2 has been in development since Wii flew off shelves.

The handheld market is no exception. The day DS came out, DSLite was under production. Same for DSi. And same for the next handheld.

The production rate is just getting much faster.

Smashgoom202 said:
You do realize that the DS Lite and the DSi are just revisions of the original DS?

This is a successor to the DS. Like how the Game Boy Color is a successor to the Game Boy.

Remember guys, just because it is announced now does not mean anything. It could be 2-3 years before this actually hits the shelves. More details aren't coming until the end of 2010, and it's not even December of 2009 yet.

"Nintendo's next generation of video game consoles is on it's way!"

Super Happy Nerd Time said:
Smashgoom202 said:
They probilly didn't feel like waiting to make it. They must've wanted to keep the idea fresh in thier minds.
They could've written it down, you know.

Togepi said:
Smashgoom202 said:
You do realize that the DS Lite and the DSi are just revisions of the original DS?

This is a successor to the DS. Like how the Game Boy Color is a successor to the Game Boy.
To me, the DSi is the next big advance, since you can download games onto it.

You could download games onto computers twenty years ago.

Piraka Wario said:
Can YOU carry around computers into your pocket? Was your computer made by Nintendo?

Okay, lame comeback, but my point is, that's a stupid thing to say, IMO. This is a Nintendo DS that can download games, that's the next big advance as far as the Nintendo DS is concerned, that's what I meant.

The DS isn't concerned. It's just a DS.
(fine, I'll shut up)

Smashgoom202 said:
Piraka Wario said:
Can YOU carry around computers into your pocket? Was your computer made by Nintendo?

Okay, lame comeback, but my point is, that's a stupid thing to say, IMO. This is a Nintendo DS that can download games, that's the next big advance as far as the Nintendo DS is concerned, that's what I meant.
Besides improving the graphics, better internet, AND A POPCORN MAKER?

Togepi said:
Smashgoom202 said:
Piraka Wario said:

Does the DSi have better internet? I forget...

Smashgoom202 said:
Togepi said:
Smashgoom202 said:
Piraka Wario said:

It's better than the DS Browser, but still no Flash, and you probably should turn off images so it doesn't drain the memory.

Togepi said:
Smashgoom202 said:
Togepi said:
Smashgoom202 said:
Piraka Wario said:

It's better than the DS Browser, but still no Flash, and you probably should turn off images so it doesn't drain the memory.
Does the DSi browser have a built in IRC client? The regular Opera does.

Yoshario said:
Togepi said:
Smashgoom202 said:
Togepi said:
Smashgoom202 said:
Piraka Wario said:

Does the DSi browser have a built in IRC client? The regular Opera does.
DS Organize has an IRC Client.

Well, recently I've posted http://forum.mariowiki.com/index.php?topic=7185.0 that Nintendo has been seemingly developing a new hardware and many blogs just started to speculate that the new device would be the sucessor of the NDS.

This new NDS 2 (or whatever you'd like to call) will have a motion sensor and possibly be more powerful than the wii. As if this was not enough evidence, Gamefreak is the (only) developer to support the idea of the new hardware. :eek:

Back