Upcoming "NDS 2"

http://bulbanews.bulbagarden.net/wiki/DS_successor_development_kits_reportedly_distributed_to_several_development_studios

http://www.tgdaily.com/games-and-entertainment-features/48477-can-nintendos-ds2-out-tilt-apples-iphone#close

So much for Wario Ware Twisted.

I have mixed feelings about this.

This could turn out good, what with the tilt and all. And Nintendo might have something else in store.

On the other hand, isn't it a little early for a new handheld? Especially since this is called "DS 2."

Jesus Freak said:
I have mixed feelings about this.

This could turn out good, what with the tilt and all. And Nintendo might have something else in store.

On the other hand, isn't it a little early for a new handheld? Especially since this is called "DS 2."
It's been 6 years. I hardly doubt it's too early.

Asbel said:
Hey, the Game Boy and Game Boy Color were like ten years apart.

Uniju said:
Asbel said:
9 years, but I see your point. (Also, between the releases of the Game Boy and GBC, the Game Boy "Play it Loud!", Game Boy Pocket, Game Boy Light (yeah nobody remembers that thing) were released.)

Two years after GBC, GBA was released, with GBASP another 2 years after.

And then the DS came along with its three variations.

I believe it's time for a new one.

Asbel said:
Uniju said:
Asbel said:
Game Boy Light (yeah nobody remembers that thing)
I remember the Game Boy Light. (Wasn't that also the first one to be truly in black and white, instead of the pea soup color of the regular Game Boy, or is that the Pocket?)

Asbel said:
Uniju said:
Asbel said:
9 years, but I see your point. (Also, between the releases of the Game Boy and GBC, the Game Boy "Play it Loud!", Game Boy Pocket, Game Boy Light (yeah nobody remembers that thing) were released.)

Two years after GBC, GBA was released, with GBASP another 2 years after.

And then the DS came along with its three variations.

I believe it's time for a new one.
Point taken.

They better come up with a better name than "DS 2."

I think the average console's lifespan is 7 years - 10 at best :P

Now I've got latest news via Eurogamer. Nintendo has updated an old patent on a rumble-feedback feature to employ in handheld devices. This means that the new NDS' successor (NDS2 or whatever you like to call XD) might include this.

apostlebird said:
Sounds about right... Except for the N64 :( But still, it sounds about right.

Coincollector said:
Now I've got latest news via Eurogamer. Nintendo has updated an old patent on a rumble-feedback feature to employ in handheld devices. This means that the new NDS' successor (NDS2 or whatever you like to call XD) might include this.
Awesome. ;D

SMB said:
apostlebird said:
Sounds about right... Except for the N64 :( But still, it sounds about right.
Consoles and Handhelds have different lifespans; consoles are just about 5 years apart from each other.

(N64 = 1996, GCN = 2001, Wii = 2006)

Sheep Man said:
Consoles and Handhelds have different lifespans; consoles are just about 5 years apart from each other.

I never wanted to be specific on this matter.

However, Any company would give their home consoles a pair of years more, for example see now PS3 and XBOX 360, trying to "resurrect" with their new motion-capture accessories XP. In general, none console's (either home or handheld) lifespan is constant.

apostlebird said:
Sheep Man said:

However, Any company would give their home consoles a pair of years more, for example see now PS3 and XBOX 360, trying to "resurrect" with their new motion-capture accessories XP. In general, none console's (either home or handheld) lifespan is constant.
Oh, I was talking just about Nintendo. :P

apostlebird said:
Splash Woman said:
Do you think the DS 2 needs a better name?

It's just an unofficial name that I made it myself ;D Nintendo hasn't revealed a name for its project yet.
Ah, ok.

What do you think the official name is going to be?

The Nintendo DSi XL Lite Ultra II Deluxe

apostlebird said:
Sheep Man said:

I see what you are saying.

Sheep Man said:
The Nintendo DSi XL Lite Ultra II Deluxe
New Nintendo DSi XL Lite Ultra II Deluxe... Wii.

Back