What do you think/hope the new Mario game will be?

N

Noahp89

http://twitter.com/CharlesMartinet

On there a new Mario game is hinted, and if that really is Charles Martinet, it is probably true.

Discuss.

If it's true, I want a new Mario Golf, built ground-up for the Wii.

It's also on his Facebook page, so it's gotta be real.

I'm hoping it's a REAL Paper Mario game. Turn-based, not a piece of shit like SPM.

I like how he put random Mario quotes in his updates. Anyway, I kinda think it could be just a new kind of game or something, because I can't really think of what else it could be. Although there is the possibilty of it being Mario Party 9.

I don't get Twitter... And I'm not at all interested in it, but it's like they keep trying to shove it into our faces. MySpace and FaceBook sort of naturally grew, you know?

Anyway, what I'd like to see? More returning characters/enemies, namely Mouser, Wart, Tatanga, Big Bob-omb, and Goomboss.

OH, and how about the return of certain power-ups! Like the Hammer Suit!

Smashgoom202 said:
No.
Smashgoom202 said:
NO.
Smashgoom202 said:
Oh god no.
Smashgoom202 said:
Big Bob-omb
YES PLEASE.
Smashgoom202 said:
ASDSAFGPIOJEWDHIOWRJHIOWJRG HE'S CALLED FUCKING KING GOOMBA WHY THE FUCK DID THEY CALL HIM GOOMBOSS THAT'S SO FUCKING STUPID DOES NINTENDO HATE PAPER MARIO OR SOMETHING FIRST THEY DO THAT STUPID SHIT THAN THEY MADE SUPER PAPER MARIO GOD I HATE NINTENDO
Smashgoom202 said:
I don't get Twitter... And I'm not at all interested in it, but it's like they keep trying to shove it into our faces. MySpace and FaceBook sort of naturally grew, you know?
Twitter grew naturally, it just grew way faster than MySpace and Facebook.

Anywhay, if Martinet says it's gonna be crazy fun, I'm implied to believe him. And with how good it looks like NSMBWii and SMG2 are going to be, I'm not exactly in any position to be doubting Nintendo.

Piraka Wario said:
Smashgoom202 said:
Big Bob-omb
YES PLEASE.
Smashgoom202 said:
ASDSAFGPIOJEWDHIOWRJHIOWJRG HE'S CALLED *bleep*ING KING GOOMBA WHY THE *bleep* DID THEY CALL HIM GOOMBOSS THAT'S SO *bleep*ING STUPID DOES NINTENDO HATE PAPER MARIO OR SOMETHING FIRST THEY DO THAT STUPID *bleep* THAN THEY MADE SUPER PAPER MARIO GOD I HATE NINTENDO
Well, the call him Goomboss now, so whatever.

Oh well, at least you agree with me about Big Bob-omb. He rocks!

Oh, and also, the Carrot power-up from Super Mario Land 2: 6 Golden Coins! Floating around using bunny ears... crazy, fun stuff!

His slightly older updates say he's going to Seatile to record a new Mario game. Those were from one or two days ago. It seems like it might be some kinda surprise, or just some game people forgot about.

I really don't see why people hate Super Paper Mario so much. I thought it was awesome, one of the best games on the Wii for sure. I do agree that it isn't as good as the other two, but it's still awesome! It has the hilarious charm and sweet music the other games had, and the characters, while not as creative as the others (in my opinion) are still awesome.

Smashgoom202 said:
I really don't see why people hate Super Paper Mario so much. I thought it was awesome, one of the best games on the Wii for sure. I do agree that it isn't as good as the other two, but it's still awesome! It has the hilarious charm and sweet music the other games had, and the characters, while not as creative as the others (in my opinion) are still awesome.

Per.

I'd give it an 8 out of 10.

Kamek said:
Smashgoom202 said:

Per.

I'd give it an 8 out of 10.

Per as well. I actually would not mind if the next Paper Mario was like SPM.

Dr. Evil said:
I'm hoping it's a REAL Paper Mario game. Turn-based, not a piece of *bleep* like SPM.
So, let me get this straight: You're saying that just because Super Paper Mario didn't have turn-based battles, that it's a piece of crap? Now THAT'S what I call a stupid reason. Going by this logic, Super Mario Bros. 1-3, The Lost Levels, Super Mario World, and any other Mario platformer sucked, too, because THEY weren't turn-based.

SolarBlaze said:
Dr. Evil said:
I'm hoping it's a REAL Paper Mario game. Turn-based, not a piece of *bleep* like SPM.
So, let me get this straight: You're saying that just because Super Paper Mario didn't have turn-based battles, that it's a piece of crap? Now THAT'S what I call a stupid reason. Going by this logic, Super Mario Bros. 1-3, The Lost Levels, Super Mario World, and any other Mario platformer sucked, too, because THEY weren't turn-based.
I think ML meant he didn't think SPM lived up to the other games in the Paper Mario series because it didn't have turn based battles.

Smashgoom202 said:
I don't see why people like Super Paper Mario so much. The story wasn't as interesting as either of the other Paper Mario games(yeah, even the first one), and it had the absolute worst combination of RPG and platformer aspects. It had long, boring cutscenes and lots of unimaginative quests, and it had boring platforming and bland characters.

^Although I don't agree with your opinion, it's nice to see that someone's actually coming up with valid reasons for hating the game, other than "OMG IT'S NOT AN AR-PEE-GEE!!!!11ONEONE!!"

Personally, I didn't have much of a problem with the plot. But then again, maybe it's because I'm such a huge fan of games that involve some psychotic villain trying to destroy the world (which is one reason why I like Next-Gen Sonic/Sonic 2006 so much).

Count Bleck has the worst motive ever though. Who handles a breakup that badly?

Good point, but I was mainly referring to Dimentio when I mentioned a "psychotic villain".

Herr Shyguy said:
Have you heard of Romeo and Juliet or West Side Story? Romance can be a powerful thing...

As for the huge debate about SPM vs. the first two: SPM wasn't bad, I'm just itching for another turn based Paper Mario.

Waluigi said:
Herr Shyguy said:
Have you heard of Romeo and Juliet or West Side Story? Romance can be a powerful thing...
HE WANTED TO DESTROY EVERYTHING THAT EVER WAS AND WILL BE. BECAUSE HIS GIRLFRIEND BROKE UP WITH HIM. That's a little bit further than Romeo and Juliet went.

Herr Shyguy said:
I thought his motive was a bit sappy, but it works with the general "love" theme the whole game has.

Back