What do you think/hope the new Mario game will be?

Herr Shyguy said:
That "love" theme is what makes the game so unbearably corny.
I can see how it does, but who plays a Mario game for the plot? :-\

What else would you play an RPG for?
Fun and involving gameplay? :lol:

Well maybe not the involving game play, but I do play them for fun. :)

Herr Shyguy said:
Waluigi said:
Herr Shyguy said:
Count Bleck has the worst motive ever though. Who handles a breakup that badly?
Have you heard of Romeo and Juliet or West Side Story? Romance can be a powerful thing...
HE WANTED TO DESTROY EVERYTHING THAT EVER WAS AND WILL BE. BECAUSE HIS GIRLFRIEND BROKE UP WITH HIM.
No, that's not it.

It all started when his dad put a curse on Tippi, which would make her wander through dimensions, until she eventually died (or something like that). Count Bleck assumed that she was dead after his dad told him what he did, which caused him to snap (to the point where he killed him, and destroyed that entire dimension). Then, he began secretly devising a plan to kill himself (most likely to be reunited with Tippi in the afterlife), and take those dimensions with him (since he didn't think anything of them anymore, other than the fact that it was something that took his love away from him).

SolarBlaze said:
Herr Shyguy said:
Waluigi said:
Herr Shyguy said:
Count Bleck has the worst motive ever though. Who handles a breakup that badly?
Have you heard of Romeo and Juliet or West Side Story? Romance can be a powerful thing...
HE WANTED TO DESTROY EVERYTHING THAT EVER WAS AND WILL BE. BECAUSE HIS GIRLFRIEND BROKE UP WITH HIM.
No, that's not it. It all started when his dad put a curse on Tippi, which would make her wander through dimensions, until she eventually died (or something like that). Count Bleck assumed that she was dead after his dad told him what he did, which caused him to snap (to the point where he killed him, and destroyed that entire dimension). Then, he began secretly devising a plan to kill himself (most likely to be reunited with Tippi in the afterlife), and take those dimensions with him (since he didn't think anything of them anymore, other than the fact that it was something that took his love away from him).
That's alot of plot in one post. :O

On-topic:
I think the new game could be Mario Party 9.

Off topic: Whoops, I didn't realize that a spoiler tag even even existed on this forum.

On topic: I sure hope it isn't a nineth Mario Party game, since I happen to hate that series with a passion. I think I could safely say that it's the worst Mario spin-off series there is (followed by Mario & Sonic).

Super Happy Nerd Time said:
Herr Shyguy said:
That "love" theme is what makes the game so unbearably corny.
I can see how it does, but who plays a Mario game for the plot? :-\
Ahh, but this is a Mario RPG, in which the plot is one of the most essential parts of the game.

Also, on a small sidebar, part of me wants to dwell on Count Bleck having a sappy motivation for what he does, while other RPG villains seems to have little motivation behind what they do besides power-lust.

But whatever. Back on topic: a new Mario Party? Sure, I'd get it I suppose.

Smashgoom202 said:
a new Mario Party? Sure, I'd get it I suppose.
It's not confirmed yet, but that is the biggest possibilty. There's not really any other things that I can think of that could be it. :-\

Back