Did you like Partners in Time?

N

Noahp89

For me, it was okay.. It didn't nearly compare to Saga, though.

Fawful said:
Per. I thought it could have been longer and maybe harder. Anyway, Nintendo is making it up to us with M&L3, so it's all good.

Noah89 said:
Fawful said:
Per. I thought it could have been longer and maybe harder. Anyway, Nintendo is making it up to us with M&L3, so it's all good.

Yeah.

Partners in Time was just as funny I'd say as the original, but the gameplay was sort of annoying. I was annoyed at how the bosses had so much HP. I still cannot wait for BIS though, as it is supposed to as good as Saga if not better.

Fawful said:
Noah89 said:
Fawful said:

Yeah.

Partners in Time was just as funny I'd say as the original, but the gameplay was sort of annoying. I was annoyed at how the bosses had so much HP. I still cannot wait for BIS though, as it is supposed to as good as Saga if not better.
All the enemies' HP was reduced in the European and Japanesse versions of PiT.

I'm pretty sure in the new one, instead of having so much HP the difficulty of the actual boss is harder, and the HP lower.

I think that, while inferior to SSsaga, PiT has been overly-bashed. If you compare a game deserving an 8 and another deserving a 9, technically the "8" one is worse, but that doesn´t mean it´s bad.

PiT was very linear and it didn´t explore in depth the time travelling, as you never get to any are aoutisde Peach´s castle in thepresent, making the present just the "hub" and the past, the worlds themselves.

But it had great music, had as many funny bits as the first one, the character co-operation was extended (now you have 4), and the battle system is superior to SSsaga in which you have just a few attacks and bros attacks, while in the second one, despite using "ammo" instead of bro points, you had a wider selection of bro attacks, which also had variations depending if you had the complete party or just one duo.

Worse than SSsaga? yes. Bad game? Hell no, Partners in Time rocks.

I agree about good music and stuff. For some reason, it just doesn't have as much suspense or whatever to keep me into it like SS did.

For me, yes. I do like PiT though, it just doesn't stand up to the original in my opinion. I do love the l33t Hammer Broz. though.

I've never played SS and i probably wont. why? because the beanbean people look retarded, the bosses look way too quick and easy to fight and Bowser with pink boobs (GROSS!). the "going to another kingdom" idea was crap too me, and the "going in time" is way better. now, read this carefully, "This is MY Opinion"

Crackin355 said:
I've never played SS and i probably wont. why? because the beanbean people look retarded,
Yes, but just because thier skin is green isn't a reason not play the game.

the bosses look way too quick and easy to fight
Only if you've played before, first time around they're kinda hard.

and Bowser with pink boobs (GROSS!).
XD

Sorry, but that's a funny quote to me.

the "going to another kingdom" idea was crap too me, and the "going in time" is way better.
Plots don't matter, it's the fun of the game.

now, read this carefully, "This is MY Opinion"
That it is, but I'm just saying my opinion on your opinion.

No.

It's the worst game ever IMO. :mad:

DoctorWho_1995 said:
No.

It has some faults, but it's pretty good. Not as good as it's predesescor, but pretty good. There's been worse. (e.g. Superman 64)

Jeff said:
DoctorWho_1995 said:
No.

It has some faults, but it's pretty good. Not as good as it's predesescor, but pretty good. There's been worse. (e.g. Superman 64)

The fact that you had to put such an obvious example dissapoints me.

Save for the well known abominations (Hotel Mario, Mario is Missing etc) there´s no such thing as a bad Mario game. Some ones are better than others, but the vast majority of them are good games at least.

PiT was a good game, people...

Jeff said:
Crackin355 said:
I've never played SS and i probably wont. why? because the beanbean people look retarded,

XD

the "going to another kingdom" idea was crap too me, and the "going in time" is way better.

That's what I do, and he makes me say "mean" things after that. I put my opinion, he bugs me, I bug him back, then he makes a new topic and the cycle repeats.
Gravity Antonion said:
Jeff said:

"Movie plots don't matter, guys, all that matters are the explosions and Megan Fox."
Megan Fox is enough for me!

OMimistasia said:
Jeff said:
Crackin355 said:

XD

That's what I do, and he makes me say "mean" things after that. I put my opinion, he bugs me, I bug him back, then he makes a new topic and the cycle repeats.
That's because the way you do it, it sounds like you are attacking him, they way I do it, I just try to put nicely how I feel.

Jeff said:
OMimistasia said:
Jeff said:
Crackin355 said:

XD

That's because the way you do it, it sounds like you are attacking him, they way I do it, I just try to put nicely how I feel.
I'll try to be more like you, Jeff. (Wow, that's weird. I have a role model I never met.) But that's also because I was mad at him. I can put something nicely when I'm not mad at someone.

Seriously, though, Nerdy Guy, the plot of a game can mean just as much as the gameplay.

Take great game series like Professor Layton and Phoenix Wright, which are 75% plot. Are you just going to disregard that?

Back