New characters in the next SSB (version 2)

Who should be in?

• Little Mac

Votes: 16 27.1%
  • 1 Earthbound/MOTHER character of your choice. (specify)

Votes: 9 15.3%
  • Ridley

Votes: 7 11.9%
  • Dark Samus

Votes: 5 8.5%
  • King K. Rool

Votes: 12 20.3%
  • Bowser Jr.

Votes: 20 33.9%
  • Knuckles the Echidna

Votes: 6 10.2%
  • Gray Fox

Votes: 1 1.7%
  • Mega Man

Votes: 22 37.3%
  • Rayman

Votes: 3 5.1%
  • Pac-Man

Votes: 9 15.3%
  • Black Shadow

Votes: 1 1.7%
  • Samurai Goroh

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • That God-forsaken Waluigi

Votes: 19 32.2%
  • Good ol' Other (specify)

Votes: 18 30.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not a fan of the Metroid series, so I'm gonna ask, would we expect any differences between Samus and Dark Samus in a SSB game, like different attacks or anything?

'Cause if not, I don't see any reason why Dark Samus should be anything more than an alt. costume for Samus.

Yeah Dark Samus wouldn't be a good idea, it will be a better idea to replace it with Ridley

I can't imagine Ridley as a playable character, either. Why does everyone want him so bad? He works best as a boss like in Brawl.

WaluigiWare said:
Bowser Jr., Waluigi, Shadow (from Sonic), and... Sora, maybe?

Then, you could put in other characters like MegaMan, Pac-Man, or Rayman as Assist Trophies.
Why does everyone want so many 3rd party characters in the next SSB game? It's meant to be a Nintendo game, not a Capcom vs. replica; two non-Nintendo characters is enough (although I will admit, I'd like to see Mega Man as a playable character).

Mega Man is worthy of being in the next Samsh Bros game.

PacMan, Shadow, and Sora. Not so much.

WaluigiWare said:
I can't imagine Ridley as a playable character, either. Why does everyone want him so bad? He works best as a boss like in Brawl.
Are you serious, he was WAY TOO easy as a boss and he has been with Samus from the start so why can't he be in the next SSB, he deserves to be in the next SSB, as my reasoning why

Ridley is way too big to be a brawler, he's better suited as a boss or assist trophy.

The Mother 3 character Fassad, on the other hand....

Actually not really his original design he is actually twice the size of Samus. His size in Brawl is based off his appearence in Metroid Prime

If I could put any two in the next SSB it'd be...

The Koopa Bros and Waluigi

Waluigi is awesome, he deserves it.

The Koopa Bros. could work like the Ice Climbers, possibly. Or you can select which color to use via alternate costumes. Thier final smash would be thier Spinning Tower thing, they would fly across the screen and hit other characters for damage, while invincible, like Super Sonic. Their home stage coul be the Koopa Bros. Fortress, with things like the ocasional Bullet Bill flying across the screen, and traps opening up in the ground occasionally, as well.

Toad :toad: would be my number one pick. Aside from being a Toad fan, I just see that his chance to become a playable character should be in the next smash game. We got most of the standard Mario mainstream characters so Toad should be next. He and his species (considering how he represents his species like Yoshi and the pokemon) starred in the various games such as Mario 2, Mario galaxy games, Wario's Woods and even in the recent NSMB Wii (this game also gave him new refreshed moves to use such as the propeller mushroom). What he also brings to the table as a new Mario rep is that he would likely be unique being a mushroom like character. The only other Mario series character that I see gives him competition would be Jr. (though he has a higher risk of becoming a clone as he used the same moves as his dad in various games -breathe fire, use his shell spikes as defence). However seeing the both of them would be excellent as it completes the Mario roster (also considering that we did not get a true Mario rep for brawl and even lost one during the move from melee to brawl). Also if Toad became playable, they can easily change Peach's special move to something else like one of her powers from SPP or even change Toad to Toadsworth.

I can't see Birdo as a playable character, but she would make a good Assist Trophy. She would probably walk around and shoot eggs like in SSBM's MKII.

Some playable characters I would like to see:
Daisy (DUH! And why did you leave her out of the poll?! :mad: )
Krystal
Midna
Dark Link
Any WarioWare Character
Dixie Kong
Bowser Jr.
Maybe Baby Mario (but no other babies, although Baby Mario/Baby Luigi could work like an Ice Climbers team)
Pretty much any character that can be somewhat played as by recoloring

WE NEED MORE FEMALE FIGHTERS, SAKURAI!

Dry Bone is not a specific character in the series so it can't be a character, but it could an assist trophy and those attacks can be used

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back