What Movies Have You Seen Recently?

9 to 5

If you were in chat yesterday, you would already know this.

Mad Max: Fury Road - Great movie. Unabashedly over-the-top, yet also serious and gritty, and somehow it works perfectly (except a couple tacked-in 3D-pop-out moments, but ah well).

I was surprised 4/5 of the wives survived: after the first died, I figured at least one more would join her, rather than the women being introduced later becoming all the red-shirts. I realized right away that Nux was far too likeable to survive, but was pleasantly surprised he survived Act I to become a central character, and sad to see him go when it inevitably did happen.

Man of Steel

holy shit this movie got even more and more stupid as it went on, yet it's such a glorious audio/visual feast im not sure how much i care

i lost my shit as "he's kinda hot"

jesus, who wrote this movie

Nabber said:
Man of Steel

holy shit this movie got even more and more stupid as it went on, yet it's such a glorious audio/visual feast im not sure how much i care

i lost my shit as "he's kinda hot"

jesus, who wrote this movie
You're going to love/hate Batman v Superman.

All I had to hear was that Batman kills people in BvS. That immediately puts the film at below average for me. If you can't get one of the key aspects of the character right, then you have a problem.

GalacticPetey said:
All I had to hear was that Batman kills people in BvS. That immediately puts the film at below average for me. If you can't get one of the key aspects of the character right, then you have a problem.
okay yeah just go ahead and spoil the movie for me

Bats v Supes

lowered my expectations going into it because of the bad reviews and the spoilers above, it was alright.

first hour or so felt super fuckin slow tho

Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Justice

the critics are being overly harsh on this, it's messy but still enjoyable

going into the movie i heard people talking about avoiding info and i thought about jokingly saying "superman dies at the end" since obviously that wouldn't happen but

it's a good thing i didn't say it

Nabber said:
Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Justice

the critics are being overly harsh on this, it's messy but still enjoyable

going into the movie i heard people talking about avoiding info and i thought about jokingly saying "superman dies at the end" since obviously that wouldn't happen but

it's a good thing i didn't say it
I suppose it depends on whether or not you want a bombastic action movie or a plot-driven thriller. I think a lot of people were hoping less for the action.

The Lord of the Rings: Return of the King

"shit, i resolved it too quickly. let's add an extra 20 minutes of absolutely nothing" - peter jackson

there's a difference between being a movie person and seeing star wars

i mean

it's fucking star wars

Boaty McBoatface said:
The Emperor's New Groove

One of Disney's best films.
That movie was absolutely hilarious.

Street Fighter The Legend of Chun-Li. Let's just say that it earns its 6% rating on Rotten Tomatoes. They fail on every level they can possibly fail on and manages to make the original 1994 film look better by comparison. Even with the limited knowledge I have of the games (I only played three, and one of them was the game tie-in to the old movie) I was still angry at the misrepresentation of the characters.

The Hallow

For a film that got fairly positive reviews, I was actually quite disappointed with it

X-Men Days of Future Past (or whatever that was called dont bother looking it up)

i really like the fact that theyve retconned most of x-men 3 but

i didnt quite get why xavier was alive again but jean grey was still dead

i mean it sounded like hed explain it at the end of the wolverine but then they appearently time jumped or whatever to the start of dotfp so uh

idk help

else it was a good movie though cant say many bad things.

10 Cloverfield Lane

tbh this was slightly disappointing

idk the start was good but like

the entire bunker part was too predictable for my tastes

it was a good horror part or whatever but idk

like you could tell right from the start that howard was insane.

however i guess he managed to convince you that the aliens or whatever attacking was fake

well it wasnt

but tbh the ending also reminded me of the movie skyline (which is awful btw)

in which she kind of wins but in the end she basically drives into the alien trap

so idk it was okay but i feel a little disappointed because from the trailer i thought there was less emphasis on the whole bunker thing and that the movie would be less predictable.

a+ chills though.

Midnight Special

holy shit that's adam driver

also i highly recommend people see this. there weren't many people in my theater (then again it was a 10:45 showing) but it's a very good movie

Back