What Movies Have You Seen Recently?

Javelin said:
yes, we shall be forever divided by our taste in one random movie

basically this

Third Fincher movie, actually. And I thought that you couldn't go much more disturbing than Gone Girl, but here we are. Very well made. I'm not sure how much I like the plot twist though.

Annabelle, which is about some haunted doll. Like most horror movies, it was pretty lame, but not on "garbage" levels like Crocodile or Crocodile 2.

Da_Bob-omb said:
Annabelle, which is about some haunted doll. Like most horror movies, it was pretty lame, but not on "garbage" levels like Crocodile or Crocodile 2.

Watch The Conjuring, which is it's prequel.

It's pretty decent I'd say.

Freakworld said:
Da_Bob-omb said:

Watch The Conjuring, which is it's prequel.

It's pretty decent I'd say.
Cool, I'll check it out. So The Conjuring is better than Annabelle?

Dawn of the Planet of the Apes (finally)

It was glorious.

Mario4Ever said:
Dawn of the Planet of the Apes (finally)

It was glorious.

Also one of my favorite movies.

first one was good but damn the second one is even better.

GalacticPetey said:
supermariofan said:
Les Miserables

The ending still makes me cry and this is Hugh Jackman's best role
Nowhere near as good as the stage show. Saw it in New York. An amazing musical.
the movie left out dog eat dog and i will never forgive them for that

i get that they were going for a sillier thenardier and a serious song would have been out of place but COME ON that's one of the best songs in the musical

Juno

Certainly a very good movie, though I'm not sure I understand why it wound up as Ebert's #1 movie of the year.

Nabber said:
Juno

Certainly a very good movie, though I'm not sure I understand why it wound up as Ebert's #1 movie of the year.
I see what you mean. I thought Juno was somewhere between "OK" and "good", personally. Incidentally, I have no idea how it wound up being nominated for an Academy award alongside No Country for Old Men (the winner, and rightfully so) and There Will Be Blood. Both are much, much better movies... but that's just my opinion. People have touted Diablo Cody as some kind of great newfound talent, but her only really notable work thus far is Juno. I wonder if it's a fluke? I hear that Young Adult is the next best thing of hers, and my pals who really liked Juno also enjoyed Young Adult.

Honestly, I didn't like No Country For Old Men that much either. Not that it's a bad movie, but I never found it to be as amazing as everyone makes it out to be.

Greg Lestrade said:
The Nightmare Before Christmas

nnngh this movie
the feels

I still havent seen this movie.

Heard its damn good though.

Back