What Movies Have You Seen Recently?

Just watched Godzilla, the original one from 1954, I think this was my first time watching it, actually. I thought it was quite enjoyable actually, albeit there were some moments where the special effects were quite obvious, but even then, to me, that has a bit of a charm to it.

Dr. Javelin said:
Frozen for the second time.

Eh, I still think it's good (could have been much better) but can we all please stop talking about this movie now and move on to something else? We've had other excellent movies come out in the meantime (Winter Soldier and The Lego Movie being my favorites) that we should be talking about instead.
Iet it go bro

also I watched The Empire Strikes Back today

Dr. Javelin said:

Eh, I still think it's good (could have been much better) but can we all please stop talking about this movie now and move on to something else? We've had other excellent movies come out in the meantime (Winter Soldier and The Lego Movie being my favorites) that we should be talking about instead.
tbh so many people like it that it's really gotten old for me

my teacher saw it this weekend and came into school saying "Have any of you seen Frozen?"

nah, it's only like the 6th best-selling movie of all time or something

No-Face said:
Dr. Javelin said:

tbh so many people like it that it's really gotten old for me

my teacher saw it this weekend and came into school saying "Have any of you seen Frozen?"

nah, it's only like the 6th best-selling movie of all time or something
*without adjusting for inflation

yeah, i know

it's annoying to say though so i just leave it out since i think it's generally understood that we're not account for inflation here

I liked it. The effects were better than I expected them to be, and I enjoyed the roar. I thought that Serizawa's experiment would realistically kill everything in the ocean (over time) instead of affecting a relatively small area, but other than that, not much suspension of disbelief was needed. I wouldn't say it was good enough to encourage me to watch the others (aside from the American one everyone except me hates, which I saw as a kid), but I might check out the new one for comparison.

If you're interested in watching more of the films, I recommend this box set.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/The-Godzilla-Collection-Full-Frame/8044441?action=product_interest&action_type=image&placement_id=WM_Home_IRS_Spot_1&strategy=PWVAV&visitor_id=68877314581&client_guid=333eefe8-657f-4cc5-8923-c06863c40cf1&config_id=6&parent_item_id=35240419&guid=00141e38-38cd-457d-9baf-2c9646c2dd9b&bucket_id=irsbucket011&findingMethod=p13n

It has some good ones like Mothra vs. Godzilla, Ghidorah the Three Headed Monster, Invasion of Astro Monster, and Terror of Mechagodzilla. And if you want some MST3K fun, it has All Monsters Attack.

Also, Serizawa's device does have some unforeseen consequences in Godzilla vs. Destoroyah.

The new film will be similar in tone to the original. The sequels aren't as dark, but they're enjoyable and a couple can get very serious at times.

..Yeah, no.
Brawl's cutscenes were lengthy, and could tell a story without the gameplay in-between. Sunshine? Not so much.

The Avengers

Would have been a lot better without Loki.

Spirited Away with Epic Nitwit, GutsehMan, and Icemario (partly with TheYoshiState and Rattmann)
NAMES FOR CHARACTERS:
Yubaba: Yuporpa (porplemontage)
No Face: Nabber
Water Spirit (apparently Junketsu?): Mario4Ever
Zeniba: Zenikazo (Walkazo)
Yubaba's baby: Yubaby

Back