What Movies Have You Seen Recently?

Dr. Javelin said:
No-Face said:
The Muppets, The Hunger Games, and The Last Airbender
don't tell me you don't have time for the lord of the rings when you watched THE LAST AIRBENDER INSTEAD

WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU
if it makes you feel better, i downloaded saving private ryan today

LOTR is a priority #1 and there is no excuse in Entish, Elvish, or the tongues of men for not watching it

excuse: i had the last airbender downloaded on my computer. i didn't have the lord of the rings downloaded on my computer

Yuzu & Kaede said:
LOTR is a priority #1 and there is no excuse in Entish, Elvish, or the tongues of men for not watching it
*good excuse

No-Face said:
Dr. Javelin said:
No-Face said:
The Muppets, The Hunger Games, and The Last Airbender
don't tell me you don't have time for the lord of the rings when you watched THE LAST AIRBENDER INSTEAD

WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU
if it makes you feel better, i downloaded saving private ryan today
oh okay, i guess that isn't too bad then
No-Face said:
excuse: i had the last airbender downloaded on my computer. i didn't have the lord of the rings downloaded on my computer
sure, but you have no excuse for downloading the last airbender in the first place

I had enough trouble finishing that thing once
also, last airbender movie is racist, no really it is

Dr. Javelin said:
No-Face said:
sure, but you have no excuse for downloading the last airbender in the first place
well, i can't really say a movie is bad unless i've seen it for myself
Michell said:
correction: hollywood in general is racist

No-Face said:
Dr. Javelin said:
No-Face said:
well, i can't really say a movie is bad unless i've seen it for myself
Michell said:
correction: hollywood in general is racist
true and true
but you still should watch LOTR
I'm not in the slightest bit into the middle ages/medieval type fantasy stuff
and I still recommend it

I just saw Wreck-it Ralph, it's an amazing film. Plus it was in 3D, so that turned up the coolness factor a little more.
Saw Rio 2 on Monday.
So tomorrow is Easter! Whose excited?

that's nice but that doesn't really have anything to do with the topic
SuperQueenChrysalis said:
I just saw Wreck-it Ralph, it's an amazing film. Plus it was in 3D, so that turned up the coolness factor a little more.
i don't remember the 3d that well but i don't think it was that significant

or maybe i didn't see it in 3d at all

Ok just wondering here what is so bad about The Last Airbender? I haven't seen it so I'm not going to defend it or anything but I'm just curious as to why it gets so much hate.

Because it tries to cram about 20 episodes of the show into about two hours and gets it pretty much all wrong (this isn't Super Mario Bros., which is a decent film that doesn't follow the source material very closely. TLA is just bad).

Yoshidude99 said:
Ok just wondering here what is so bad about The Last Airbender? I haven't seen it so I'm going to defend it or anything but I'm just curious as to why it gets so much hate.
-the main characters are white
-most of the movie is exposition
-the screenplay is awful
-the special effects look impressive, but how come no one gets wet when they water-bend? and other questions like that
-the storytelling just sucks. there's no suspense, the plot is a mess, etc
-the acting is also pretty awful, though it's hard to tell whether that's because the actors are untalented or they just have a sucky script
-other things

It's because the script is bad. The person who plays Yue is pretty good in Falling Skies (fun fact, she voices Asami in The Legend of Korra now).

Yoshidude99 said:
Ok just wondering here what is so bad about The Last Airbender? I haven't seen it so I'm going to defend it or anything but I'm just curious as to why it gets so much hate.

Back