What Movies Have You Seen Recently?

Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer

I'd seen bits of this before but saw the full thing the other day. It was alright.

Die Hard With A Vengeance

Clair said:
I actually thought that Anna was going to marry Hans and that it would be Kristoff to get Elsa, but it seems Elsa remains unmarried.
I've heard some people thinking that. The thought personally never crossed my mind, but I'm glad they didn't go that route.

I don't particularly love it or the movies. The minions are entertaining, though.

ernesth100 said:
The minions are the mane reason people watch it?
yeah, sadly. the first one i thought was pretty good and actually sweet, but people only really care about the minions. cue the sequel where the minions are a central plot point, and the minion movie that's coming out next year

Elsa said:
ernesth100 said:
yeah, sadly. the first one i thought was pretty good and actually sweet, but people only really care about the minions. cue the sequel where the minions are a central plot point, and the minion movie that's coming out next year
they are pretty good, but I agree they are a bit too pivotal in the second movie, especially since they are getting there own :???:

hahaha
that might not be bad actually
I mean, I'm totally gonna go see the minion movie, and I bet it'll be epic
but still people seem to ignore all the other characters and just care about them

people reference them to the penguins in the Madagascar movies (which are the only worth while part of that entire series imo) which to me they aren't, despicable me has a lot of good characters, whereas Madagascar may as well have just been the penguins by the time the third movie came around

Elsa said:
ernesth100 said:
yeah, seriously.

while i admit that the minions were funny in the sequel, i didn't like how they took gru, my favorite character, and basically turned his entirely story (or at least in the second half of the movie) lucy-centric. there wasn't really much character development on his part other than that.

yeah but without character development, what's the point of the movie?

i feel like they could have devoted more time to gru trying to be a dad. i mean, they touched on it, but it could have been bigger, some sort of thing where he tries to empathize with the girls but can't because he's male. idk.

Dr. Javelin said:
yeah but without character development, what's the point of the movie?

i feel like they could have devoted more time to gru trying to be a dad. i mean, they touched on it, but it could have been bigger, some sort of thing where he tries to empathize with the girls but can't because he's male. idk.
^but that would end up reinforcing stereotypes

i honestly thought they just should have removed lucy completely from the movie, or at least removed the romantic plot. gru just didn't feel like a villain in the second movie, and i feel like they ended up going the shrek route with him where he's just a big grouch instead of a menacing figure. except gru barely even felt like a grouch in this movie

Elsa said:
i honestly thought they just should have removed lucy completely from the movie, or at least removed the romantic plot. gru just didn't feel like a villain in the second movie, and i feel like they ended up going the shrek route with him where he's just a big grouch instead of a menacing figure. except gru barely even felt like a grouch in this movie
i was looking forward to more moments like the part where he blasts one of the neighborhood ladies with a hose, but i didn't find many.

"I didn't see you there. *blasts again*. Or there."

classic

Despicable Me 2 several days ago. It was alright, but I liked the original more. These two posts generally sum up most of what I have to say.

Dr. Javelin said:
i was looking forward to more moments like the part where he blasts one of the neighborhood ladies with a hose, but i didn't find many.

Elsa said:

Additionally, considering there's apparently a minion movie in the works even though the second movie focused on them more, the overusing of them is really showing. I enjoyed them and all, but this just seems really unnecessary.

In English we recently watched of mice and men,alot of schools do it in year 10,it was good also I watched the wolverine...hasn't been finished yet

Back