What Movies Have You Seen Recently?

Fawfulfury65 said:
I was babysitting yesterday, and the kid wanted to watch a movie called "Spooky Buddies" (one of those movies about the five little dogs). I thought it was pretty stupid.
Rule of Thumb: If it's not if theaters, it's guranteed to be stupid.

DragonFreak said:
Fawfulfury65 said:
I was babysitting yesterday, and the kid wanted to watch a movie called "Spooky Buddies" (one of those movies about the five little dogs). I thought it was pretty stupid.

Not necessarily. Mirrors 2 wasn't stupid (given its source material).

Mario4Ever said:
DragonFreak said:
Fawfulfury65 said:

Not necessarily. Mirrors 2 wasn't stupid (given its source material).
And there is always an exception to every rule, unless it's like the Quadratic Formula, which there isn't.

Mario4Ever said:
Smashgoom202 said:
Just came back from seeing John Carter with my dad. He said it wasn't particularly "deep", but it was a good action movie with good effects and such. I guess that's what I thought, too. It may seem cliche at the time, but then again, people seem to eat up all kinds of movies that are just "okay", so I highly recommend it to people who'd like a good 3D experience... Just be prepared to take down a lot of science fiction mumbo jumbo and alien names.

Why is it being advertised as being before Star Wars and Avatar (I don't quite get that vibe from the trailer)?
Because it was. John Carter is based on a book series getting it's start WAY back in 1912.

That's right, this movie is based on a book that's a CENTURY OLD!

Specifically "A Princess From Mars" by Edgar Rice Burroughs, who you may recall also wrote the Tarzan books, among others.

Just to drive the point home, the stuff Star Wars ripped off, like Flash Gordon and Buck Rogers, ripped off John Carter. But here's another example:

John Carter is an ordinary guy from Earth, who goes to a strange new world, where he saves a princess, by using his amazing jumping skills.

Sound familiar? :mario:

Smashgoom202 said:
Mario4Ever said:
Smashgoom202 said:
Just came back from seeing John Carter with my dad. He said it wasn't particularly "deep", but it was a good action movie with good effects and such. I guess that's what I thought, too. It may seem cliche at the time, but then again, people seem to eat up all kinds of movies that are just "okay", so I highly recommend it to people who'd like a good 3D experience... Just be prepared to take down a lot of science fiction mumbo jumbo and alien names.

Why is it being advertised as being before Star Wars and Avatar (I don't quite get that vibe from the trailer)?
Because it was. John Carter is based on a book series getting it's start WAY back in 1912.

That's right, this movie is based on a book that's a CENTURY OLD!

Specifically "A Princess From Mars" by Edgar Rice Burroughs, who you may recall also wrote the Tarzan books, among others.

Just to drive the point home, the stuff Star Wars ripped off, like Flash Gordon and Buck Rogers, ripped off John Carter. But here's another example:

John Carter is an ordinary guy from Earth, who goes to a strange new world, where he saves a princess, by using his amazing jumping skills.

Sound familiar? :mario:

Holy shit.

Smashgoom202 said:
Fawfulfury65 said:
I saw The Lorax yesterday.

The Once-ler mentioned Donkey Kong about halfway through. :O
That pretty much says it all, really.

Yeah I recalled hearing that myself. Quite an amusing Easter Egg, to say the least.

So Green Lantern was on HBO a few nights ago and I and the whole family watched it... All I can say is, I watched it, so now I can see for myself why everyone hated it. :-\

The Matrix, The Matrix: Reloaded, and The Matrix: Revolutions (this one pissed me off)

You should have stopped after the first one.

Seriously.

Lord of the Rings: Fellowship of the Ring, and Night at the Museum 2: Battle for (of?) the Smithsonian.

Both on Blu-Ray, but I still can't really tell the difference.

It's Battle of the Smithsonian, I think.

Anyway, I liked the second Matrix film (mainly because of Smith), though the first is my favorite.

I, Robot.

Came back from The Three Stooges, again at the MJR Southgate Digital Cinema 20. To be exact, the 10:30 AM showing in auditorium #2. The entire auditorium (including me) laughed at some parts of the movie. At the end, the stars explained that the tools that were used were actually fake.

I also took my Snivy backpack and my camera. Took three photos of the lobby, then two more as I was leaving. I came in really late, during one of the trailers! That's because I decided to see where one of the satellite concession stands used to be (it has been walled over). I liked the movie.

The Court Jester

This movie is cliched in almost every way possible straight out the gate, but since its plot isn't the main selling point, I greatly enjoy watching it.

Back