What Movies Have You Seen Recently?

Yup, who doesn't, they are mentioned so much in the film!

Lily said:
Magus said:
I, Robot.
That film is badass, badass robots with badass Will Smith wearing badass shoes.

Right, if you ignore the fact that it basically crushed the original (awesome) book into generic blockbuster format.

There's nothing wrong with generic blockbusters but considering that the book was an anthology of interconnected stories set over a period of thirty-some years detailing the gradual invention, use, and integration into society of robots in an alternate future, it just seems a little underwhelming.

Rango.

As far as I know, Depp's first voice acting role. Was fairly nice, a lot better then I expected.

I just saw that new Captain America. I have to say, it was acually a really good movie. It starts out strange, but gets better. And it has not alot to do with super heroes..

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 1, and then I saw Part 2 of it.

I just saw Bully. It's a documentary, so unlike most movies, it sacrifices entertainment in lieu of shoving a message in your face. In this case, I recommend that EVERYONE see this movie, because bullying is an issue that STILL needs resolution.

Blue said:
Smashgoom202 said:
bullying is an issue that STILL needs resolution.
That will never happen, bro.
It won't happen until someone grabs society by the horns and MAKES it happen. Sure, it won't happen overnight, but people NEED to keep up the good fight.

Smashgoom202 said:
Blue said:
Smashgoom202 said:
It won't happen until someone grabs society by the horns and MAKES it happen. Sure, it won't happen overnight, but people NEED to keep up the good fight.
No, I'm being quite literal with you. That will never happen. If people want to stop being bullied, they need to stand up for themselves. In addition, parents need to be more responsible to ensure that their children don't turn out to be fucking assholes, and teachers need to actually make an effort to stop shit like that from going down.

But no, it'll never stop. You can't ban posses and cliques, you can't ban social levels on the ladder.

There will always be outcasts. Always.

Blue said:
Smashgoom202 said:
Blue said:
Smashgoom202 said:
No, I'm being quite literal with you. That will never happen. If people want to stop being bullied, they need to stand up for themselves. In addition, parents need to be more responsible to ensure that their children don't turn out to be *bleep*ing *bleep*s, and teachers need to actually make an effort to stop *bleep* like that from going down.

But no, it'll never stop. You can't ban posses and cliques, you can't ban social levels on the ladder.

There will always be outcasts. Always.
It is THAT kind of pessimistic attitude I want to see change. Saying "it's never going to change", I feel, is just an excuse for some people not to do anything about it, because it doesn't effect them personally. And I think that's bullshit. These kids, they NEED people to fall back on, and just telling them they need to "man up" and defend themselves is NOT HELPING and, in my eyes, completely unsympathetic.

Maybe there always will be outcasts, or people who just won't associate with certain kinds of people... but at the very least, we can TRY to make school a better place to go to and NOT be the one play children hate going to, and NOT just because of schoolwork!

Like I said, this isn't going to happen all at once, but the reason why civil rights and women's rights worked was because people took a stand against what was the social norm and changed it for themselves, and the world is better off for it. Yes, it IS better off, no matter WHAT anyone has to say negatively on the matter. The fact that kids and teens are actually KILLING themselves because of this, that's just wrong, it's terrible, it's horrible, this sort of thing SHOULDN'T be okay or shrugged off as something that can't be helped.

Well I say it CAN be helped, and it starts with people actually making a difference. Not just sitting around saying "nothing's going to change". That's the easy way out. That's weak. Even if it might be a realistic point of view on society right now, it'll only stay that way if people truly believe it and just give up. And I'm NOT giving up.

Back