What Movies Have You Seen Recently?

Ferris Beuller's Day Off

just curious, how does everyone know it's a remake? i don't recall the original being particularly famous

Nabber said:
just curious, how does everyone know it's a remake? i don't recall the original being particularly famous
I suspected there was another magnificent seven when there were a bunch of similarly titled movies came before it, like The Hateful Eight and The Ridiculous Six.

Nabber said:

a) because the original original (akira kurosawa's seven samurai) was so famous.

b) while the first magnificent seven wasn't spectacularly famous, it was a modest hit at the time and sported an all-star ensemble cast (it starred yul brynner, steve mcqueen, and eli wallach, all of whom were big stars at the time, and launched robert vaughn and james coburn's careers)

Toad Eightyfive said:
Nabber said:

a) because the original original (akira kurosawa's seven samurai) was so famous.

b) while the first magnificent seven wasn't spectacularly famous, it was a modest hit at the time and sported an all-star ensemble cast (it starred yul brynner, steve mcqueen, and eli wallach, all of whom were big stars at the time, and launched robert vaughn and james coburn's careers)
yeah i know that, but the general public usually doesn't know this stuff

case in point: the 2001: a mario odyssey topic

idk i think it'd be challenging to find someone in my age group who hasn't at least heard of 2001.

then again i don't have friends so what do i know

Split

It was really good, James McAvoy definitely nails the role(s)

the shyamalan twist is that the film was a sequel to Unbreakable the whole time and there may or may not be a third film

Back