Switch 2 Name

berrypeachy

"'Love' What is...'love'? I cannot compute this."
Poll Committee
Pronouns
She/Her
MarioWiki
Peachao
What do you guys want the successor to the Switch to be called? I think Switch Attack would be a cool name.

How about the Extreme Slightly Better Than Last Generation Switch

But to be serious, I think Switch 2 is a perfectly acceptable name
Switch 2 is a nice name but if they name it "Switch Attach" it'll be Wii U situation part 2 only that this time people will think that you have to attach it to the Switch or something.

Switch 2 is a nice name but if they name it "Switch Attach" it'll be Wii U situation part 2 only that this time people will think that you have to attach it to the Switch or something.
oh lol, in your op you said Switch Attack. Switch Attach makes much more sense, I like that name

oh lol, in your op you said Switch Attack. Switch Attach makes much more sense, I like that name
"Switch Attack" is what GameXplain said it would be called.

Calling it literally anything other than the Switch 2 would be utterly stupid and just lead to the same market confusion that the Wii U faced.

So naturally, knowing Nintendo, they will do something stupid and call it the Super Switch or some other dumb shit that makes people think it's just like an upgraded version of the original Switch and not an actual new platform.

Calling it literally anything other than the Switch 2 would be utterly stupid and just lead to the same market confusion that the Wii U faced.

So naturally, knowing Nintendo, they will do something stupid and call it the Super Switch or some other dumb shit that makes people think it's just like an upgraded version of the original Switch and not an actual new platform.
You know what. Fair point.

The Switch Out

The problem with that name is that it implies that it's just an upgraded version of the original Switch and not a whole new console.
Well, at least then they'd be being honest :dry:

The problem with that name is that it implies that it's just an upgraded version of the original Switch and not a whole new console.
🤔 Hmm...personally myself I'm not really sure if it will be an upgraded more modern Switch or a whole new console unless Nintendo has announced it will be a completely new console. If it is, be sure to please send me the link to an article if there is one-I would very much be interested in reading it.

🤔 Hmm...personally myself I'm not really sure if it will be an upgraded more modern Switch or a whole new console unless Nintendo has announced it will be a completely new console. If it is, be sure to please send me the link to an article if there is one-I would very much be interested in reading it.
Literally every single leak from credible leakers are that this is a whole new console, one that will be backwards compatible and a continuation of the concept of the Switch, yes (because no shit, Nintendo is going to continue on this path that's given them the third-best selling console of all time), but not just an upgraded version of the original system any more than the Nintendo 3DS was just an upgraded version of the DS because it was a continuation of the concept.

I mean we already know thanks to internet sleuths who've done investigating into hardware shipments and other leaks that the Switch 2 (or whatever calls it) will have:
- 1536 CUDA cores, 48 tensor cores, and 12 RT cores for its graphics
- The architecture for the GPU will be Ampere, with some features having been backported from its successor architecture of Ada Lovelace (the Ampere architecture was launched in 2020 and Lovelace was launched in 2022)
- 8x ARM A78C cores for the CPU
- 12 GB LPDDR5X RAM
- 256 GB UFS 3.1 for the internal storage

Meanwhile for comparison, the Switch 1 has:
- 256 CUDA cores for its graphics
- Its GPU architecture is Maxwell-based, which came out in 2014
- It has 4x ARM Cortex-A57 cores for the CPU
- 4 GB LPDDR4 RAM
- 32 GB of eMMC flash memory in the non-OLED models and 64 GB of eMMC flash memory in the OLED Switch

It is going to be a completely new piece of hardware, not just the Switch but a bit better.

And before you say 'Oh well you can't trust leakers', these are once again coming from people who are credible and have a track record of being correct in what information they are able to sus out and leak. Not just talking like random dipshits on Twitter posting wild guesses and saying they're 'leaks' here, y'know?

Back