The Official Subway Thread

Doctor Welfare

For your health!
Pronouns
he/him
MarioWiki
MegaBowser64
Well, here you can talk about your experiences with both the restaurant chain AND the public transit, I won't discriminate.

As for me, I'm looking forward to probably going to Subway (the restaurant) on Sunday and getting one of the new footlong pretzels. The subway (public transit) is slightly less relevant for me because public transit basically does not exist in my area, however the few times I have been on one it was cool

subway sucks.

go to publix instead and get a pub sub.

deadass i don't even know how subway stays in business here in florida.

i like tuna subs and at subway, a footlong tuna sub with provolone cheese, lettuce, tomatoes, onions, pickles, olives, and jalapeños costs $11.99. and making it a combo by getting a drink and a bag of chips brings the price up to $15.98

meanwhile at publix, i can get a footlong tuna sub with all the same toppings for $8.49 and a combo with a drink and chips brings the price to $10.77.

and the sub quality is like 1000 times better at publix too. you spending less money and you get a better sandwich.

oh and if you don't have a publix, go to like any other sandwich shop - guarantee it'll still be better than the schlop they serve at subway. honestly subway was only worth it when they were doing the $5 footlongs because the quality of their food is very much not worth the price they charge nowadays.

subway sucks.

go to publix instead and get a pub sub.

deadass i don't even know how subway stays in business here in florida.

i like tuna subs and at subway, a footlong tuna sub with provolone cheese, lettuce, tomatoes, onions, pickles, olives, and jalapeños costs $11.99. and making it a combo by getting a drink and a bag of chips brings the price up to $15.98

meanwhile at publix, i can get a footlong tuna sub with all the same toppings for $8.49 and a combo with a drink and chips brings the price to $10.77.

and the sub quality is like 1000 times better at publix too. you spending less money and you get a better sandwich.

oh and if you don't have a publix, go to like any other sandwich shop - guarantee it'll still be better than the schlop they serve at subway. honestly subway was only worth it when they were doing the $5 footlongs because the quality of their food is very much not worth the price they charge nowadays.
Those are some very specific prices you have there, do you save receipts from every transaction you make?

Anyway, the trick to Subway remaining accessible where I live is that they send out coupons every month or so, and they have some good deals, for instance a footlong for $7 or 3 footlongs for $18.

Imo Subway subs are pretty good but obviously that depends on the person, and also the actual kind of sub you're getting. Yeah there is no Publix where I live, but my neighbor owns a sandwich shop and I do enjoy those :P

I like Subway, lets me eat wraps with spinach and salami in it.

I like their sandwiches. Afraid I ain't gonna eat at them anytime soon, though, since they're """neutral""" (absolutely supportive) towards the Israeli gov and they apparently still operate in Russia as of January 2024.

(For the record: I'm aware boycotting corporations that fund Israel is kind of a fool's errand, but I'm ok with ridding myself of luxuries from the bigger players in favor of lesser known brands.)

Last edited:
Sadly I did not get to go to Subway today, but I'll let you know next time I get there (probably next Sunday). I instead went to McDonalds which is apparently going through another midlife crisis and theming everything after manga.

Back