Create Your Own (Unofficial) Mario Kart 8 Deluxe Cup!

SonicMario

Star Spirit
With 96 tracks in all after the Booster Course Pass has finished. There's so many cups in the game already. But I thought it'd be fun to make a thread for perhaps making your own personal cups. The default is of course 4 tracks, but don't feel restricted if there's more that fit that sort of theme you named the cup. I would recommend trying to fit them all into the even numbers you can do in Vs. mode (4, 6, 8, 12, 16, 24, 32, 48)

Just for a few examples. I'll make one mostly based on the all the real world City locations.

Now there is no 14 option in Vs. mode for all the city tracks you can do in Tour. But what you could say is add travel options. Like an airport after New York Minute, and Daisy Cruiser after Sydney Sprint to indicate the long travel across the oceans.

World Tour Cup
New York Minute
Sunshine Airport*
Madrid Drive
London Loop
Paris Promenade
Amsterdam Drift
Rome Avanti
Berlin Byways
Athens Dash
Bangkok Rush
Singapore Speedway
Tokyo Blur
Sydney Sprint
Daisy Cruiser**
Vancouver Velocity
Los Angeles Laps

*(For traveling to Europe from a Plane)
**(For traveling to Canada from a cruise ship)

World Tour Cup Deluxe
New York Minute
Sunshine Airport***
3DS DK Jungle***
GCN DK Mountain***
Thwomp Ruins***
Daisy Cruiser***
Madrid Drive
London Loop
Paris Promenade
Amsterdam Drift
Rome Avanti
Berlin Byways
Athens Dash
GCN Dry Dry Desert***
Mount Wario***
Bangkok Rush
Singapore Speedway
Tokyo Blur
Ninja Hideaway***
Sydney Sprint
Vancouver Velocity
Los Angeles Laps
N64 Kalimari Desert***
GBA Sunset Wilds***

***(Some more for a worldwide spread DK Jungle, DK Mountain, and Thwomp Ruins for South America, Sunset Wilds and Kalimari Desert for North America, Dry Dry Desert for Egypt, Mount Wario for any cold mountain of your choosing, Ninja Hideaway for another Japanese track)

You could also decide to choose which city you're closest to as the starting point rather then New York. (That's just the nearest location wise for me)

Could also split some these tour locations into their own 4-track cups.

North America Cup
Vancouver Velocity
Los Angeles Laps
Sunset Wilds OR Kalimari Desert
New York Minute

Western Europe Cup
Madrid Drive
London Loop
Paris Promenade
Amsterdam Drift

Eastern Europe Cup
Rome Avanti
Merry Mountain*
Berlin Byways
Athens Dash

*(It was Germany that began the tradition of Christmas trees, so to cheat a bit. Pretend Merry Mountain is near the Ardennes)

Pacific Ocean Cup
Bangkok Rush
Singapore Speedway
Tokyo Blur
Sydney Sprint

Rainbow Cup
Rainbow Road (SNES)
Rainbow Road (N64)
Rainbow Road (Wii)
Rainbow Road (3DS)

Honestly, the Spiny Cup is the perfect cup aside from Rosalina's Ice World. I still think there can be better cups than that. I call this the 1UP Cup, just showcasing my four favorites.
- Tour Vancouver Velocity
- Wii Moonview Highway
- SNES Bowser Castle 3
- DS Waluigi Pinball

Vancouver Velocity is my #1 favorite track and music in Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, more than worthy of this cup.
Moonview is my favorite Wii track, always loved it as a kid and now has a fire song remake.
Couldn't be more happier Bowser Castle 3 made it, all my friends hate me now!
Waluigi Pinball is Waluigi Pinball, that's the end of that discussion.

Now, I know I have Singapore Speedway as my profile pic, but that was during the time when Singapore was my favorite city track. Those feelings are obviously gone now, seeing Vancouver's the new city W!
Yeah, this is the ultimate cup.

Back