Criticize some Shows or whatever here.

Which, you know, is the entire point of the thing.

Naruto takes itself too seriously to be a parody/aware of being retarded, as you seem to claim.

Glowsquid said:
Naruto takes itself too seriously to be a parody/aware of being retarded, as you seem to claim.

No, I meant that the plot is the entire point of the show and it's retarded, not that it was meant to be retarded.

ScarecrowPerson said:
Stooben Rooben said:
I don't get why so many people seem to like Family Guy. Sure, the show is funny on occasion, but most episodes I've seen have virtually no plot and contain idiotic humor (rather that smartly-written comedy). It's just...not that good.
If you want clever humor, watch a Joss Whedon show. Any Joss Whedon show (Firefly, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, etc.)

They have some pretty dark themes and such, but they're hilarious too.
I own the entire series of Buffy the Vampire Slayer on DVD. That show is so awesome. :D

Stooben Rooben said:
ScarecrowPerson said:
Stooben Rooben said:
I don't get why so many people seem to like Family Guy. Sure, the show is funny on occasion, but most episodes I've seen have virtually no plot and contain idiotic humor (rather that smartly-written comedy). It's just...not that good.
If you want clever humor, watch a Joss Whedon show. Any Joss Whedon show (Firefly, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, etc.)

They have some pretty dark themes and such, but they're hilarious too.
I own the entire series of Buffy the Vampire Slayer on DVD. That show is so awesome. :D
I've got a theory! BUNNIES! BUNNIES! IT MUST BE BUNNIES!

I'm going to say Are You Smarter Than a 5th Grader. It's a trivia game show, and some of the kids are brats; calling people dumb and stuff. It's also one of those shows that gets boring after not that long.

And the questions on that show are not elementary school questions. Either that or my elementary school sucked.

Moonside27 said:
And the questions on that show are not elementary school questions. Either that or my elementary school sucked.
Seriously. I wasn't learning algebra in elementary school.

Moonside27 said:

Oh yeah, that too. If they were elementary school questions, there would've been lots of millionares.

Moonside27 said:
Per. I went to an Gate school for 5th grade (Gate=gifted and talented education) and we didn't learn any of that stuff.

Lavos said:
Moonside27 said:
Per. I went to an Gate school for 5th grade (Gate=gifted and talented education) and we didn't learn any of that stuff.
I learned alot of the stuff that's on that show when my mom pulled me out public school and started homeschooling me because the kids were too "adult". (don't ask...)

Jigglypuff said:
Jeff said:
Jigglypuff said:
Ziggy Stardust said:
Jigglypuff said:
The plot of Naruto is retarded.
Glad we agree.

Jigglypuff said:
But if you aren't appealed by Pokémon, you have no soul and were never a child.
I did like it once, but now I'm mature enough to know *bleep* when I see it. Besides, I still like the Pokemon games and manga, so don't go saying I have no soul; My Stevie Wonder album proves I have a soul... I think.
I'm 13, I know *bleep* when I see it. I woke up just to watch it.
Per, except I'm older. (I'm not going to say my age because I don't always act it)
You're a forty year old man who lives with his mom.

I know. So is Lario and Uni.

Nah, they both seem to be in the 13-15 range.

Ralph Wiggum said:
Jigglypuff said:
Jeff said:
Jigglypuff said:
Ziggy Stardust said:
Jigglypuff said:
The plot of Naruto is retarded.
Glad we agree.

Jigglypuff said:
But if you aren't appealed by Pokémon, you have no soul and were never a child.
I did like it once, but now I'm mature enough to know *bleep* when I see it. Besides, I still like the Pokemon games and manga, so don't go saying I have no soul; My Stevie Wonder album proves I have a soul... I think.
I'm 13, I know *bleep* when I see it. I woke up just to watch it.
Per, except I'm older. (I'm not going to say my age because I don't always act it)
You're a forty year old man who lives with his mom.

I know. So is Lario and Uni.

Nah, they both seem to be in the 13-15 range.
Party pooper. -_-

Oh, another show is Deal or No Deal. It was good when it was on at prime time, but now it is only thirty minutes, and it seems like nobody ever wins any money.

I HATE True Jackson VP on Nick. I was home sick and was extremely bored, so I just put it on. So cheesy. Horrible.

Count Bleck said:
I HATE True Jackson VP on Nick. I was home sick and was extremely bored, so I just put it on. So cheesy. Horrible.
Hannana Montanna is way worse though. :-/

Count Bleck said:
I hate current Nickelodeon as a whole. THey have an entire collection of good cartoons they could be showing, like Rocko's Modern Life, Invader Zim, Angry Beavers, Ren & Stimpy, etc.

Vile said:
Count Bleck said:
I hate current Nickelodeon as a whole. THey have an entire collection of good cartoons they could be showing, like Rocko's Modern Life, Invader Zim, Angry Beavers, Ren & Stimpy, etc.
Isn't Ren & Stimpy banned from Nickelodeon due to content? I think somewhere in the series there's a scene where they ask a kid for a smoke and they get some cigerates, and another scene somewhere about anal sex that made an entire episode unairable. :P

For all I care, Spongebob's the best show on there, and some people hate it alot...

Anyway...

Hmmm...

I'm thinking...

Jeff said:
Vile said:
Count Bleck said:
Isn't Ren & Stimpy banned from Nickelodeon due to content? I think somewhere in the series there's a scene where they ask a kid for a smoke and they get some cigerates, and another scene somewhere about anal sex that made an entire episode unairable. :P
Cartoons back then were written with both audiences in mind, the kids and the parents that watch them with their kids. There were jokes only the adults would get, which is why I still enjoy them.

Vile said:
Jeff said:
Vile said:
Count Bleck said:
Cartoons back then were written with both audiences in mind, the kids and the parents that watch them with their kids. There were jokes only the adults would get, which is why I still enjoy them.
They do that in Sponge Bob too. I'm kinda surprised that you don't like it, but it's your opinion. :-\

Jeff said:
Vile said:
Jeff said:
Vile said:
Count Bleck said:
They do that in Sponge Bob too. I'm kinda surprised that you don't like it, but it's your opinion. :-\
To be fair, the 'adult' jokes featured in Spongebob are rarely made past season 3, and they're mostly horribly unfunny.

Rocko's Modern Life, Ren & Stimpy, and the rest of those 90s Nick cartoons were done very tastefully. Hell, Cartoon Network was pretty damn good in the 90s too. Ever since, like, 2000, both of the networks started going downhill, though.

Pah, Invader Zim was the only good show on Nickelodeon.

It was the only word that came to mind at the time. :P

Back