Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door (Nintendo Switch)

Okay, so the game came out (May something) and I want to buy it...but *clears throat* MADAME FLURRIE. I can't get the game 'cause of her.

I've never played TTYD but this remake looks great. I like how the updated visuals are still faithful to the original, and aren't just TOK's graphics. The new music sounds great, and I appreciate how there's an option to switch back to the original OST. Also I think they made unique versions of the battle theme for different areas like in TOK? If so then that's awesome. Apparently they've added new pipes to fix the backtracking issues I've heard about. Disappointed about the framerate though, since the original ran at 60fps. Other than that though it looks amazing, can't wait to play it.

It's because of her giant melons.

My parents would think she's beyond inappropriate.

Your parents have to be pretty darn protective to find THAT of all things too inappropriate.

Last edited:
Well, idk how they would react exactly but based on how protective my parents are, I'd probably end up banned from playing Mario games...just like with Pokemon, Zelda, and a ton more things.

So there is a new named NPC, Ian Foomus, a Little Mouser who offers extra information in the Trouble Center. (I'm new to editing character articles here, so please check it over.)

This feels like a big deal to me. With the rest of this remake, you could argue that the characters and designs are only being grandfathered in from the original game, and it won't continue into future entries in the series. But this guy is a new character! With a corny pun name! I already love him!

…Though to play devil's advocate, maybe he only gets a pass because all the other NPCs have names and he'd stick out otherwise. It's hard to tell exactly what the decision-making process is and I've been hurt before

In general, the game is looking really promising so far. I'm realizing how much talent there is at Intelligent Systems that I haven't been able to let myself appreciate, through the constraints on Paper Mario and the frenetic pace of WarioWare (as a collection of very small-scale cutscenes and games). I hope new games are indeed allowed to capitalize on this potential; all the pieces are there between this and TOK.

Back