Do you think Wart should appear in The Super Mario Bros. Movie 2?

Do you think Wart should appear in The Super Mario Bros. Movie 2?

• Yes

Votes: 2 10.5%
  • No

Votes: 10 52.6%
  • Maybe

Votes: 6 31.6%
  • IDK

Votes: 1 5.3%

• Total voters
Honestly you don't want to oversaturate the movie with characters and as a minor character only appearing in one game they'll probably just go with someone else (Wario? King Boo? Ganondorf?)

He's mostly retconned to be honest. Characters from his world are always said to be from Bowsers land now.

I do wonder what direction they'll go, they hinted main Yoshi and Rosalina.. maybe we'll get to see both Yoshi Island and Galaxy

I'd love for Wario and Daisy to make their way but idk how they could work in either of them.

I can see Wart appearing, as if the second movie is an adaptation of ''Super Mario Bros. 2'' (seeing as it the second movie of course), then Wart should be in it. Birdo could be in it.

I think we'll have to wait a couple of movies until we see Wart. I don't know how Yoshi could be associated with Wart in the next movie. Hopefully we'll eventually get to see Wart on the big scene

I have not thought too deeply into the matter. But I think King Wart (from Super Mario Bros 2) is the ruler of Subcon, if I recall correctly, and he can only be accessed through dreaming (which is how Mario enters Subcon, by dreaming) so unless there is going to be actual dreaming in the Super Mario Bros 2 movie then I think that it's not right to put King Wart in the movie. It would be quite a boring storyline if the main protagonists are dreaming...like Alice in Wonderland. Maybe there could be a workaround way of getting King Wart into the movie...but it would have to involve dreaming. Also, that Super Mario Bros 2 Western game is a reskin of Doki Doki Panic...and it does not really fit well into the whole Mario series...it was like an anomaly...because you have potions, magic doors, keys, flying carpets and stuff...so maybe a movie about the Western Super Mario Bros 2 game should not be made. It is true that iconic characters did come out of the Western Super Mario Bros 2 game, like Birdo, Triclyde, Shy Guys, Mouser, King Wart...but still, I am not fully comfortable with the idea of putting the Western Super Mario Bros 2 game into a movie. Super Mario Bros 3, Super Mario Land and Super Mario World fit more well into the series than Western Super Mario Bros 2. The Western Super Mario Bros 2 game is just a Doki Doki Panic reskin.

I have not thought too deeply into the matter. But I think King Wart (from Super Mario Bros 2) is the ruler of Subcon, if I recall correctly, and he can only be accessed through dreaming (which is how Mario enters Subcon, by dreaming) so unless there is going to be actual dreaming in the Super Mario Bros 2 movie then I think that it's not right to put King Wart in the movie.
While I doubt Wart will appear in the SMB movie sequel, I'm pretty confident in saying that if the writers want him in, they'd just put him in and not be beholden to follow the lore of a video game from 1988 while doing so.

While I doubt Wart will appear in the SMB movie sequel, I'm pretty confident in saying that if the writers want him in, they'd just put him in and not be beholden to follow the lore of a video game from 1988 while doing so.

I still think that they should respect and follow the lore of the 1988 videogame if they are going to put King Wart in a movie, since that is the canon source.

I still think that they should respect and follow the lore of the 1988 videogame if they are going to put King Wart in a movie, since that is the canon source.
The Super Mario Bros Movie itself already is diverges from the 'canon' of the video games. They're not going to limit themselves by strictly following how the games depict things.

The Super Mario Bros movie canon of Mario and Luigi's childhoods not being subject to cruel kidnapping and twin separation is better than the official one so yeah go crazy fuck the Mario "lore".

Exactly following all historical references, the first movie would have to introduce Pauline and Stanley (who's a big waste since he can easily fits in as a Brooklyn passerby).

So since the movie project caters to Nintendo's current canon, they have to acknowledge Wart first. And I don't think it's supposed to be just about the movie. You'd also have to push him for games.

Last edited:
Exactly following all historical references, the first movie would have to introduce Pauline and Stanley (who's a big waste since he can easily fits in as a Brooklyn passerby).

So since the movie project caters to Nintendo's current canon, they have to acknowledge Wart first. And I don't think it's supposed to be just about the movie. You'd also have to push him for games.
Honestly I don't think Nintendo would be against overlooking some of the Mario "lore", "canon", "historical references", etc. for the next movie. Like, if they wanted to include Wart, they would probably just do so without making it a 100% SMB2 themed movie

making it a 100% SMB2 themed movie

I think that approach isn't too likely. Given that Illumination and Nintendo cannot literally make multiple movies in the same pace with single games (more exactly, even Wrecking Crew and Mario vs Donkey were technically seperate games), I think it's wiser to tell stories by integration.

If the case is they're willing to bring back Wart, I think he'd just be part of a story that also covers Yoshi's Island and Wario Land etc.

Last edited:
Back