the official "u did it" thread

Re: Please discuss your recent wonderful accomplishments here

I recorded up to Chapter 3-3 in Super Paper Mario.

The Janitor said:
I've eaten Kangaroo Meat yesterday for the first time.

I'm not feeling all too well today.

And I have some weird darker spots at some points of my skin

um
was the kangaroo by any chance still alive? cause the meat could be uncooked, and the darker points could be bruises, cause kangaroos tend to fight back

a week or so ago i was in a four-man two-night production of the 39 steps

if that counts as recent

Matthew Bellamy said:
was the kangaroo by any chance still alive? cause the meat could be uncooked, and the darker points could be bruises, cause kangaroos tend to fight back

the cook warned me that i could start jumping around the room while eating

The Janitor said:
Matthew Bellamy said:

the cook warned me that i could start jumping around the room while eating
glad he's following protocol

Leafeon said:
Oh you wear glasses? I never saw you had one in your pics

Uh yeah my old pair broke like twoorthree years ago so I've had to work blind during that time except for the rare moments where I could sneak my prescription sunglasses without people pointing and laughing at me :b

It's ok I mean I have 'good enough' sight to get by without them but they just make working (esp with computers) a lot more comfortable. I got two pairs as well so I could keep one at work and one for home so yay

tumblr_nmabzgtW011qd673co1_540.jpg

(That's my home pair obvs, my work pair is at work) :v

Chiaki Nanami said:
Leafeon said:
Oh you wear glasses? I never saw you had one in your pics

Uh yeah my old pair broke like twoorthree years ago so I've had to work blind during that time except for the rare moments where I could sneak my prescription sunglasses without people pointing and laughing at me :b

It's ok I mean I have 'good enough' sight to get by without them but they just make working (esp with computers) a lot more comfortable. I got two pairs as well so I could keep one at work and one for home so yay

tumblr_nmabzgtW011qd673co1_540.jpg

(That's my home pair obvs, my work pair is at work) :v

You look like me!

I learned how to shave. It was weird at first but I guess I have to get used to it

Yesterday I had my first time driving in a manual car as opposed to the automatic.

Duskull said:
Yesterday I had my first time driving in a manual car as opposed to the automatic.
I thought most cars in Europe were manual.

They are, but we have automatics as well. My instructor usually teaches in an auto first to get people used to steering, road positioning and such, before introducing the manual which is what I will hopefully be driving in.

I went to a student art show and learned that my old photo teacher has been using my photos and books as examples of how to do things right and good to show her classes and that made me feel gr8. And then the award I donated was won by someone who deserved it and then they said that their photographs were inspired by my last gallery series and I was all <333333 it felt so fantastic and I felt special and like I did things right and memorable and everything

Duskull said:
They are, but we have automatics as well. My instructor usually teaches in an auto first to get people used to steering, road positioning and such, before introducing the manual which is what I will hopefully be driving in.
tumblr_miaq1nhrVs1qjbsm8o1_500.gif

I graduated University :D

Congratulations fanta!

I wouldn't call this an accomplishment, but I almost missed my train today and still got it. I had to run like hell and basically leap into the door though.

I was so frantic, somehow I managed to fall UP the stairs to the station and smacked into the ground. Now my knee hurts.

Was it worth it?

...no, not really.

how late do you have to be to (almost) miss a train in the country where literally every train/bus has at least 5 minutes delay?

I was chosen as one of four people for a job interview at a game design company. tomorrow. This is my first interview ever, so I'm pretty scared right now.

Honestly I didn't think I would get the interview. I know four of the other guys who applied, and only one of them got an interview. Frankly I was expecting the others to get it, because in my opinion they're much better at this kind of work. Maybe I'm being a little hard on myself, I guess they must have seen something in me that they need.

Eri Ayase said:
how late do you have to be to (almost) miss a train in the country where literally every train/bus has at least 5 minutes delay?

Are we living in the same Germany? Everybody knows trains are always late UNLESS them being late would somehow benefit you, upon which they will always be super punctual.

So today I presented a product I'm making at internship to a customer.

They where very optimistic about it and so was the boss. Me likey.

Chiaki Nanami said:
I graduated University :D
Congrats!

Genji said:
Eri Ayase said:

Are we living in the same Germany? Everybody knows trains are always late UNLESS them being late would somehow benefit you, upon which they will always be super punctual.
This made me laugh.

Genji said:
Eri Ayase said:

But this goes against the much-enforced stereotype we have of you people where everything in Germany runs like clockwork (although when we went to Berlin the escalators left a lot to be desired).

Back