Final Community Vote On Meta Knight

Generally I do not agreewith the smashboards communities because banning everything just cuts most of the game´s fun (besides, I´ve always thought that if you´re a self-called pro, you should have no problem pwning a noob no matter if you fight in final destination or in icicle mountain).

However this time is different. I can generally overlook character´s differences but Metaknight is just broken enough to make me feel like I don´t want to play Brawl anymore. Good to see him banned and I hope to not see him again in tourneys, at least not until the next SSB in which I hope MK to get a better balance.

Easmo said:
Generally I do not agreewith the smashboards communities because banning everything just cuts most of the game´s fun (besides, I´ve always thought that if you´re a self-called pro, you should have no problem pwning a noob no matter if you fight in final destination or in icicle mountain).

However this time is different. I can generally overlook character´s differences but Metaknight is just broken enough to make me feel like I don´t want to play Brawl anymore. Good to see him banned and I hope to not see him again in tourneys, at least not until the next SSB in which I hope MK to get a better balance.

The problem with those stages is that they're either too luck-based, or they can be horribly abused.

Bad luck is to have an capsule apear right in front of you when you are trying to hit the rival, and you happen to hit the capsule and it explodes in your face. That´s bad luck.

If people are so called pro gamers, it shouldn´t be a problem be playing on Onett (you can clearly tell when a car is coming, no bad luck here) or Rainbow Cruise (it always repeats the same pattern, no luck here either). Those were just 2 examples.

And about the abusing thing, if both players are good, they are still equals since both can abuse said area (like the bottom of hyrule temple, perfect for teching).

And I have been quite in a few tournaments in my country: it´s just that I happen to be able to play in other areas than Final Destination ([/generalization], aka, don´t take it literally, I know there´s a few more stages other than final destination which aren´t banned).

Easmo said:
Bad luck is to have an capsule apear right in front of you when you are trying to hit the rival, and you happen to hit the capsule and it explodes in your face. That´s bad luck.

If people are so called pro gamers, it shouldn´t be a problem be playing on Onett (you can clearly tell when a car is coming, no bad luck here) or Rainbow Cruise (it always repeats the same pattern, no luck here either). Those were just 2 examples.

Rainbow Cruise isn't banned.

And about the abusing thing, if both players are good, they are still equals since both can abuse said area (like the bottom of hyrule temple, perfect for teching).

Gigantic stages like New Pork City and Hyrule Temple are banned because people can stall the match too easily. Also, walk-off stages (Mario Circuit, Yoshi's Island Melee) are usually banned because it's too easy to get kills there (just throw or chaingrab)

Don Flamenco said:
Easmo said:

Rainbow Cruise isn't banned.

Gigantic stages like New Pork City and Hyrule Temple are banned because people can stall the match too easily. Also, walk-off stages (Mario Circuit, Yoshi's Island Melee) are usually banned because it's too easy to get kills there (just throw or chaingrab)

I don´t see the problem about getting KO´s by just throwing, as any player can do that. As for the stalling technique, it´s easy: put a time limit, or just ban stalling (anyone who´s winning and keeps running from the rival is disqualified if he flees for too long).

Also, I didn´t know Rainbow Cruise wasn´t banned, thanks for clearing that.

Tweek said:
Yes, but walk-off stages like those give ENORMOUS advantages to, say, King Dedede.

True. DK and Mewtwo (this one in Melee obviously) have also a big advantage in walk off stages due to their thows. But whenever I play against one of those in that kind of stage, I just try to counter it every time. I mean, sure, they can get a cheap death but it gets too predictable too.

Back