What game did you last play?!?!?!?

Ok, I looked it up and you get another Knight crest on chapter 26, the chapter I'm on, and I promoted Lowen because he was a bit weaker than Oswin in stats and since I'm getting another knight crest really soon it doesn't really matter who promotes first. I didn't end up using Sain or Kent because I wanted to use someone else for a change.

EDIT: Beat the chapter. Everyone I'm using is promoted except Rebecca and Canas who have 1 level to go. I'm using the Earth Seal on Canas because no one else needs it and I'm not waiting for the Secret Shop to get one.

Beat Chapter 27. Wow, I didn't even know there was a guiding ring in that treasure chest. So I guess there is hope for Priscilla. Kenneth was a joke. All I had to do was have Rebecca use a longbow and he was helpless. I got Karel, but I wish I got Harken, he was a much better unit. And ugh, Battle Before Dawn.

Senran Kagura Burst

this is difficult man, the first half is fine but the second half just insta kills me unless I have a bunch of specials stored up.

fucking projectiles man

projectiles.

edit: and now i find out that the higher level you are for frantic, the easier you die. it's a bit late when I'm Lv48 when the cap is 50. I have no idea how I'm going to beat this stage. As soon as I touch the ground I lose all my health.

Xenoblade Chronicles 3D

Worked on getting C6 reconstruction to Level 3 overall, although when I was hunting for Snow Elements on Valak Mountain, I toppled a Reef Nebula and it legit fell off the cliff because it was hovering there, and despite it being a levitating foe, its toppled state meant it took fall damage... and died.

Made me laugh a bit tbh, had to hunt for its treasure chest , though.

The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds

Did some battles with Gramps just because, won 2-0 although both matches were quite close, only won the latter from timeout favour.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf

In 48 hours, I have caught 29/72 bugs, and sent 27/72 to the museum. Need to find another birdwing butterfly and long locust.

EDIT: Giant Stag is go.

Fire Emblem: Blazing Sword

I was doing quite well on Battle Before Dawn and then Nino went in Ursula's fucking Bolting range and died easily. Jaffar's Killing Edge broke so Zephiel was screwed anyways. I stopped for a while because rip batteries but I got more so I'll probably play later.

Crash Tag Team Racing

Races on Hard mode are quite interesting since you start off in last and have to slowly make your way through the pack. It honestly feels less luck based than most other racers, though that might just be because items aren't really a huge decider as much as proper manoeuvring of the course.

I'm sticking with Coco and her four-wheeled bar of soap, too bad her alt. costume is lame. Not sure what her third vehicle looks like but it's going to be a battle type so I probably won't use it. I once though her vehicle was the most dorky one in the game and... I still do, but now I'm using it lol.

tboi: rebirth (pc)

beat isaac with ??? to get the d6.

man it was the best feeling to get 3 damage upgrades in a row, followed by holy mantle, and then just wreck shit

i'm on the fast track to beating both the pc version and the 3ds version at roughly the same time, unless ed gets the freeze bug patch approved and ready before i beat it pc wise

Pokemon Alpha Sapphire

got the unown mirage cave, yay???

also elgyem is adorable, i was thinking of adding one to my team but then i remembered beeheeyem exists. goddamn it gamefreak

my current team: Flygon, Claydol, Aggron, Breloom, Regirock, Swampert
all overleveled as fuck and I haven't attempted victory road yet for reasons lol

Beat Battle Before Dawn and got all the tresure except for the shield that prevents bonus damage against fliers (can't remember its name) but it doesn't really matter anyways, Florina can handle archers pretty well due to dodging pretty much everything and having the angelic robe too. I accepted the sidequest but Jaffar didn't seem to join my party? I remembered you got him at the sidequest with Nino, but he may be the next chapter.

Wario Land: Shake It

This is actually a really good game so far, currently on area map #2. First time I've ever gone through it so it's pretty exciting stuff.

GalacticPetey said:
The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask 3D

Never played MM before. Anything I should know or be aware of?
The only thing you need to be aware of is that you're playing the inferior version of the game. Other than that, try to have fun.

Crash Tag Team Racing

Terrifying memories of that last road on Labrea Car Pits flooded back to me. I made some sick maneuvering skills on the second attempt though, won me the race. Fuck you crunch. Tyrannosaurus Wrecks is the world I remembered the least; for good reason, the place sucks. The tracks are good though, I remember all of them fondly.

Pi said:
GalacticPetey said:

The only thing you need to be aware of is that you're playing the inferior version of the game. Other than that, try to have fun.
how, I've never played either but I'd like to know.

Clover said:
Pi said:
GalacticPetey said:

oh no

Clover said:
Pi said:
GalacticPetey said:

The original does things better in so many ways. First off, the 3DS remake completely botches the atmosphere by increasing the amount of light there is in the game. This strives against the general theme of darkness Majora's Mask has going for it. There are also changes to the mechanics of the game that are completely retarded to me. There is this transformation you get early in the game which transforms you into a Deku Scrub. In the original Nintendo 64 version of the game, when you attack whilst in Deku Link form, you get an initial speed boost. This is removed in the 3DS remake. Furthermore, swimming as Zora Link is stupid because you're now required Magic Power to swim quickly.

Another change which boggles my mind is how you're just given the Bomber's Notebook in the 3DS remake, whilst the original Nintendo 64 version had you go through the sidequest as Human Link, or alternatively just using the knowledge that the sidequest gives you in a new cycle whilst playing as Human Link. This teaches the player more about how the game functions, rather than just giving the Bomber's Notebook immediately without explanation. The way the Bomber's Notebook is also dumb. Instead of giving you the complete schedule of a person, you only get access to the part of the schedule you just interrupted. This makes no sense and only helps in introducing a lot of unwarranted restarting until you successfully complete sidequests.

The game is also somehow condescending enough to think you as a player need seven Empty Bottles. Apparently, having six Empty Bottles isn't enough; we have to make the game easier somehow. Disgusting. Pathetic. Dumb. Awful.

The only, and I say only, improvements that were made is that Save Statues always save your progress permanently, instead of temporarily, but this is just because it's played on a handheld, and having a system where your saves only are temporary on a handheld is stupid. It's literally the only upside of the remake, which never should be played.

Beat Night of Farewells, and also got all the treasure, except for the Speedwings. I actually did have Jaffar in my party, I just didn't see him for whatever reason. Merlinus also promoted into the wagon from Binding Blade, I didn't know he could do that.

Pokemon Alpha Sapphire

if you have a base where i have to make your character a secret pal before i can get your flag, i hate everything about you

Pi said:
Clover said:
Pi said:
GalacticPetey said:

so many ways (6 5 ways)
I see, that makes sense. Besides the bottle one, I have no idea how being given one more bottle is condescending lol just sounds like you're getting aggravated over something completely minuscule there.

I'd probably still get the 3DS version if I do want to play it, they seem like things that bother someone who has played the original far more than someone who hasn't. The brightness increase and improved saving outweigh the rest of what you said, I always hated the lighting since it made it hard to see whats going on when watching Terrible Tuesday streams of the game and the save system always turned me away. I might pick it up one day.

Thanks Pi, you've managed to make the 3DS version of Majora's Mask sound pretty appealing.
thumbup.gif

Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS

Terrorized chumps on For Glory with some rad(ley) Shulk skills.

Some fool tried to hit me when I was really feeling it, so I ledge-trump daired them to a quick death.

Back